Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Von Miller arrest warrent in California

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Well given that this California story is proven bunk, the only actual new thing is the driving with a suspended license. Definitely a stupid thing to do given his current situation, but I wouldn't classify it as going full retard.
    Singularly, no, but cumulatively with all the other shit, yeah.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Singularly, no, but cumulatively with all the other shit, yeah.
    The fact that his dad was in the front seat is the most mind-blowing part of this to me. If that's any indication of the type of father figure he is, maybe that gives some insight into Von's boneheadedness. (Not saying it excuses it, just saying it may have contributed to it)

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Possibly, or Von keeps pertinent information (like a suspended D/L) from his padre.

5. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Ok but given he has apologized publically at it's been seen as insincere. He has to make things righ his team and League.
    He needs to apologize to everyone. I agree. And I do not consider his "apology" an apology.

7. The Following User High Fived P34flyboy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by P34flyboy View Post
    He needs to apologize to everyone. I agree. And I do not consider his "apology" an apology.
    So what good does he do himself to continue apologize. I don't know if he was sincere or not his previous apologies. He's underminded himself with more problems but that doesn't mean it wasn't sincere. I hope this young man will get his head on straight because if stay on the field after this all over he's going to have brilliant career.

9. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The fact that his dad was in the front seat is the most mind-blowing part of this to me. If that's any indication of the type of father figure he is, maybe that gives some insight into Von's boneheadedness. (Not saying it excuses it, just saying it may have contributed to it)
    I posted the following in the other thread - IMO, Von was raised very well.

from a 2011 article:

Miller referred to not just NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, but also to some of his soon-to-be Broncos teammates as "Mister." He did the same for star NFL quarterbacks he will be expected to chase down ("Mr. Manning," "Mr. Brees"), explaining why he consented to have his name added to the players' lawsuit against the league.

"I like to show respect to those guys," he said of his pending Broncos teammates. "I haven't met those guys in person, so going by nicknames and stuff, I don't think that would be appropriate until we build a relationship and I can prove myself, gaining respect."

So where'd this come from? The same household and influences where the elder Von Miller was shocked to find out that his son was playing football.

"That was the way I was raised and the way we raised our children," said the father.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/ci_17966890

AND

from same article:

When Miller rebelled and said he would transfer, Sherman responded that if he really wanted to leave, the coach would sign his release.

Von loaded up his 1981 pickup truck and started back to DeSoto. His phone rang. His father put it simply: "Turn around."

"It wasn't the right thing to do," Von, the father, said. "That's not who we are."

Said the son: "I pulled over. I objected and gave him my opinion, and I told him what I wanted to do. He said, 'No, the right thing to do is to go back and fix what you've done. You can't run from things.'
    http://www.denverpost.com/ci_17966890

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    So what good does he do himself to continue apologize. I don't know if he was sincere or not his previous apologies. He's underminded himself with more problems but that doesn't mean it wasn't sincere. I hope this young man will get his head on straight because if stay on the field after this all over he's going to have brilliant career.
    The thing is, I haven't seen an apology from him. If you have, please share with me. The "apology" I was referring to was a tweet I though he sent but I didn't take that to be sincere. He needs to hold a press conference, take responsibility, and help out in the community.

13. The Following User High Fived P34flyboy For This Post:

Wow, I didn't realize he was arrested for trying to buy a firearm last month. This guy needs someone with common sense to hold his hand 24/7.

Miller was also arrested last month while trying to purchase a firearm when a routine background check revealed he had an outstanding warrant. In that case, Miller failed to appear for a court hearing on charges from last October when he was cited for careless driving and not having a license or proof of insurance.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/v...pension-091113

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanBron View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize he was arrested for trying to buy a firearm last month. This guy needs someone with common sense to hold his hand 24/7.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/v...pension-091113
    It was just because of the traffic violation in California. A basic background check from the gun shop made it pop up and they were forced to report him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by P34flyboy View Post
    It was just because of the traffic violation in California. A basic background check from the gun shop made it pop up and they were forced to report him.
    It was from the traffic violation in Colorado

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

I'm in the "screw Von Miller" camp until he shows me I should think otherwise!

18. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

I don't need him to apologize, I just want him to straighten his personal life out and get back on the football field.

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    It was from the traffic violation in Colorado
    Yep, that's right. I said Colorado in an earlier post. There are just too many to keep track of lol

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

he is charged with contempt of court in 2 different states.
    those of you who continue to insist that von is only guilty of minor traffic violations are in for a rude awakening !
    most likely the same ostriches who watched his first denial of a drug violation and could not see he was obviously hiding from the truth.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    he is charged with contempt of court in 2 different states.
    those of you who continue to insist that von is only guilty of minor traffic violations are in for a rude awakening !
    most likely the same ostriches who watched his first denial of a drug violation and could not see he was obviously hiding from the truth.
    LOL, false.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information