Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton stayed in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Because throwing a bubble screen at the 22 yard line with a 2 score lead and plenty of time left on the clock is running up the score?
    [every other team fan when New England does it] "Just run it up the middle 3 times and punt there's no excuse for passing at all in that situation and why is Brady (Manning) even in the game at that point, it would serve Belichick (Fox) right if he got injured" [\every other team fan when New England does it]

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    he threw one final pass to DT in the off chance he'd spring it for an 8th score.
    And had that been Brady, you would be saying how classless he and BB were for throwing it that late. It's okay to admit that young Buffalo
    Lol It was a 78 yard screen pass for a TD, not a 2 yarder. He needed to get the 1st down to run out the clock but the Ravens were caught in a blitz. Plus Bey Bey be pretty fast.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bojangles View Post

HaHa.....Actually it would appear that you have never watched much of Manning's career if you post that kind of comment.
    Go ahead and go look at the games Manning came out of last year and fill us lesser people in on the scores, etc.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:

[every other team fan when New England does it] "Just run it up the middle 3 times and punt there's no excuse for passing at all in that situation and why is Brady (Manning) even in the game at that point, it would serve Belichick (Fox) right if he got injured" [\every other team fan when New England does it]
    What? The series before that, they ran it 3 times and punted and Baltimore went down and got a FG. Suppose you run 3 more times and punt and they score a TD. Now you are only up one score with 2 minutes or so left. That would be piss poor coaching. Anyone with any football acumen should never blame BB for trying to score again in the same situation.

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

GEM

What? The series before that, they ran it 3 times and punted and Baltimore went down and got a FG. Suppose you run 3 more times and punt and they score a TD. Now you are only up one score with 2 minutes or so left. That would be piss poor coaching. Anyone with any football acumen should never blame BB for trying to score again in the same situation.
    Oh I was talking about the end of the game, my bad. Passing with like 2:09 left in the game. Anyway, Suggs says they will see you guys again so be afraid.

Adopted Bronco:

Oh I was talking about the end of the game, my bad. Passing with like 2:09 left in the game. Anyway, Suggs says they will see you guys again so be afraid.
    That was the quick screen to DT to get a first and run out the clock. EVERY team in the NFL would do the same thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

That was the quick screen to DT to get a first and run out the clock. EVERY team in the NFL would do the same thing.
    No shit huh. We can either get the first and then take knees to end the game, OR we can run it for one yard, punt, and have to put our D back on the field.

Pags, you know that wasn't "running up the score." BoJ probably doesn't get it though, he's too blinded by his love of all things BB.

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No shit huh. We can either get the first and then take knees to end the game, OR we can run it for one yard, punt, and have to put our D back on the field.

Pags, you know that wasn't "running up the score." BoJ probably doesn't get it though, he's too blinded by his love of all things BB.
    Yeah I know it wasn't. My only contention is that if it were New England I would be reading today about how classless it was to have Brady in the game with 2:19 left at their own 17 up by 3+ scores, and that's a fact Jack.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

BoJ is Fried chicken with an Artificial intelligence installed. It's not capable of rational thought.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Running up the score entails:

Up 38-0 in the fourth quarter the Patriots go for an 88 yard touchdown drive including going for it on fourth and one.

Minutes later, up 45-0 the Patriots go on another drive, another 4th down attempt, and a 35 yard bomb to go up 52-0.

What it does not entail:
    A two yard pass designed to get a first down followed by taking knees to end the game.

Pags, clearly you can see that. We all know BoJ is nothing more than your garden variety troll, you are better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    It is pretty much this. Everyone sees Belichick and Brady and Kraft et al as huge giant gaping A holes who are proven cheaters and are smugger than the smuggest ****** on Earth.. People dont see Manning and Fox that way.

Clear enough?
    Generalize much?

And speaking of huge giant gaping A holes, it seems as though that is what you are speaking through when you or others make comments like that.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Yeah I know it wasn't. My only contention is that if it were New England I would be reading today about how classless it was to have Brady in the game with 2:19 left at their own 17 up by 3+ scores, and that's a fact Jack.
    I don't think you would've Pags. Maybe you forgot how blatant your coach was about it back then. The Broncos were doing nothing more than trying to maintain possession to kill the clock. Were it the Patriots in that EXACT scenario last night it still wouldn't have been running it up. Maybe some idiot on BR would've said something, but certainly nobody that wants to be taken seriously would.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...tampede-Oilers

I remember watching this game, it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Quick question.....

why does Tom Brady wear that incredibly gay headband? Does he not know that it brings out his dick sucking lips?
    Let me interject a quickie here before I address or ignore your comment.....Are you and Davii posting as members or as Moderators when you act so rudely to a relatively new guest?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
    Let me interject a quickie here before I address or ignore your comment.....Are you and Davii posting as members or as Moderators when you act so rudely to a relatively new guest?
    This is the smack forum, it doesn't matter.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information