Thread: Go Broncos!

Default Go Broncos!

Hey everyone. James here. I live in New York City and love my Sunday Football; we have great sports bars here in Manhattan, and I have three near my home which I frequent. I'm from the San Francisco Bay area, and have always enjoyed a 49er-Bronco game, particularly when both are good - like this year (perhaps nos. 1 & 2). I'm old enough to remember Elway in the 80s - the prototypical brat-type protege out of an elite college with massive prospects. He refused to go where he was drafted, and was taken to school by better teams when he almost solely carried the weight on his shoulders amid reaching 3 Super Bowls; then in the late 90s, he had grown and matured, and Terrell Davis and others arrived. he was like Jimmy Connors - often maligned as a young great and now loved as a solid veteran who hadn't lost a step. I've loved the Broncos since their two great SB wins. Now, it's Peyton at the helm, another great one would have to be a Scrooge to dislike! Good luck this year, and I sure hope the auspicious looking pass attack will offset some chinks in the defensive armor.

In a football context as a fan, I really am annoyed by Ravens fans (blogging is just asking for trouble, though!); look, they won, but the black sheep of the Ravens camp gloat and whine as winners. It's a reality in the Denver and San Fran games last postseason - the refs helped their close victories; I didn't remotely say it was rigged nor that they didn't deserve to win, yet they react by throwing in the straw man and red herrings; you are disappointed by a terrible call/non call from which they benefited, and they angle it into, "can't accept the fact we won, crybaby", etc., etc., etc. Anyway, they have the leverage in the debates because they won. I really hope they get blown out on Thursday!! I would sleep fine if my team won with some controversies that went our way, but to pounce on the losers' emotions with salt in the wounds is not cool! I think they're going to pay this year, I really do. The Vegas odds-makers are as impartial analysts, and nobody is putting crowns on their heads; last I checked, 12 teams are forecasted as better. I realize we have to play the games, but Raven fans invariably profess 'destiny' and 'we proved them wrong' only after they actually win, upsets no less.

Here's from a Ravens forum about Thursday's game, to which I tried to politely remind them of the 34-17 drubbing by the Broncos in Baltimore less than a month before the double OT playoff game; didn't Moreno block well and rush for 120+ yards in that win?

Quote Originally Posted by nk02242
    Broncos are delusional if they think they will run through the AFC this year. They may be one of the top teams in a VERY week AFC this year, but I don't see them getting out of baltimore with anything but a 0-1 to start the season.

They have too many injures, their best player (Similar to combo of Webb/Suggs being injured) is supended for 6 games, and You know they are going to get banged up durring this game. Manning without a O line is going to look like Kyle Boller. He is a pure pocket QB, and the one thing he has had over the years, is a stellar OL. Same with Brady. Take away their best in league lines over their careers, and they are average to above average QB's.

I will make this bold prediction. Peyton will get knocked out/injured vs the ravens. Doom and Suggs are going to have him on the ground all day. They have NO blocking RB, their TE's can't block, and their Line is worse than the steelers...
    I am bias, and so are you, but are we 'delusional' ourselves in stating that this is egregiously overstated in his/her own partisan manner? Can a sound Bronco aficionado show how this reeks of hypocrisy? Peyton will be on the ground all day (night, actually)??

Thanks, James
    Last edited by Spartan; 09-02-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

We'll. For starters, the o-line statement is complete bs

3. The Following User High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Thanks. I know the pro-bowler Koppen is out for the season; I have read that Manning has thrived with average OLs while with the Colts. I'm excited with anticipation with Manning to Welker in the slot.

Many also claim that without the two special-teams TDs in the playoff game, the Broncos would have scored just 21 points rather than 35, hence those two possessions would have definitely resulted in nothing; rubbish! The Broncos had 30 1st downs to the Ravens' 21! They moved the ball quite efficiently (just like the 49ers did in the SB, including in the 1st half). I realize that it's a few idiots (which every camp has), but they seem to have a bigger aggregate fan base of idiocy, if you will - I see plenty of Bronco fans here with concerned comments of high merit, without losing any passion. I shouldn't take this with such concern - look at the verbatim of "Manning without a O line"!! I know he/she didn't mean it 'literally' but they will be there, and he should be just fine.

James

My apologies - I should have just said my hello in those few sentences and saved the football talk for the Broncos Talk thread. I'll paste it over there soon.

James

Welcome aboard brother. Let's just hope our secondary learned from the PO game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Welcome. Looks like you've been bottling this stuff up for a while.

I think this guy could actually have a positive contribution. Welcome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Welcome! You seem like a promising poster so hang around
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Welcome to Broncos Forums Spartan

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Thanks all around everyone.

Well, NightTrain - yes and no: my angst over the controversies in the Bronco and 49er games lessened nicley by the late spring, but then, sometime in May, I made the mistake of incessantly looking at previous blogs relvant to the games, and many Ravens' remarks re-ignited my angst, causing me to just 'hate' them - however partisan and unfair I may seem, my feelings are what they are - very much under the context of 'hating' other teams and their fans. When the Raven shoved the ref in the SB - I have never seen that go uncalled. Usually that was protocol to call that - and that was a two-handed shove! The multiple penalties on the safety - it should ahve been a free kick from the Ravens' 10, not the 20, and, on top of it, rumor has it Joe Flacco told his teamamtes on the sidleine to trip up the 49er returner should he break it toward the end zone (assuming he broke it running along the sideline). In both the Bronco and 49er games, I have never seen so many holds by a team and them being not called. I don't believe in conspiracies (that's looney talk), but I just want to see them get beat big-time in a game that has it's usual missed calls here and there!

Thanks and sorry (I guess it's a little safe to vent that on here, but hopefully no more. Focus on positive outlooks - like Bronco-49er Super Bowl here in NYC ).

If the Broncos win - especially win big - Thurday night, I'll be elated with extra exuberance. But should they lose, no need for any panic buttons (it will be quite a bummer, though). We should be stronger by mid-season.

James
    Last edited by Spartan; 09-03-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: grammar
    "A ship is safe in the harbor; but that's not why ships were built"

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Thanks all around everyone.

Well, NightTrain - yes and no: my angst over the controversies in the Bronco and 49er games lessened nicley by the late spring, but then, sometime in May, I made the mistake of incessantly looking at previous blogs relvant to the games, and many Ravens' remarks re-ignited my angst, causing me to just 'hate' them - however partisan and unfair I may seem, my feelings are what they are - very much under the context of 'hating' other teams and their fans. When the Raven shoved the ref in the SB - I have never seen that go uncalled. Usually that was protocol to call that - and that was a two-handed shove! The multiple penalties on the safety - it should ahve been a free kick from the Ravens' 10, not the 20, and, on top of it, rumor has it Joe Flacco told his teamamtes on the sidleine to trip up the 49er returner should he break it toward the end zone (assuming he broke it running along the sideline). In both the Bronco and 49er games, I have never seen so many holds by a team and them being not called. I don't believe in conspiracies (that's looney talk), but I just want to see them get beat big-time in a game that has it's usual missed calls here and there!

Thanks and sorry (I guess it's a little safe to vent that on here, but hopefully no more. Focus on positive outlooks - like Bronco-49er Super Bowl here in NYC ).

If the Broncos win - especially win big - Thurday night, I'll be elated with extra exuberance. But should they lose, no need for any panic buttons (it will be quite a bummer, though). We should be stronger by mid-season.

James
    You're already one of the smartest posters on the board then! You will see quite a bit of overreaction on here if we lose.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information