Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC West.....the weakest Division in the League

Default AFC West.....the weakest Division in the League

I just read the poll yesterday, and it's official. AFC West is the easiest gateway to the POs in the League.

Proving that Manning is no fool. He probably picked Denver as his landing spot after bilking Jimbo Irsay and the Colts out of 20 mill in 2011, as the best way to guarantee at least a shot at the POs, in his quest for a second ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
    I just read the poll yesterday, and it's official. AFC West is the easiest gateway to the POs in the League.

Proving that Manning is no fool. He probably picked Denver as his landing spot after bilking Jimbo Irsay and the Colts out of 20 mill in 2011, as the best way to guarantee at least a shot at the POs, in his quest for a second ring.
    So true. We can't even come close to all the greatness in the east. I mean, look at all those big time QBs there! Brady, Sanchez or Smith, Tannehill, who ever plays in Buffalo...oh and last but not least, Tebow. We would be donezekins if we competed in the East year after year. Plus all the great big name coaches.. Bellicheat, Foot Fetish, and whoever is coaching this week in Miami and Buffalo...Year after year those teams really compete for the east crown.

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    So true. We can't even come close to all the greatness in the east. I mean, look at all those big time QBs there! Brady, Sanchez or Smith, Tannehill, who ever plays in Buffalo...oh and last but not least, Tebow. We would be donezekins if we competed in the East year after year. Plus all the great big name coaches.. Bellicheat, Foot Fetish, and whoever is coaching this week in Miami and Buffalo...Year after year those teams really compete for the east crown.
    I catch your drift, Sarge, but remember.........

You don't elevate your team's Division by tearing down another's!

The East is not elite, but it is second toughest in the Conference, I believe. NE is so good, though, they will continue their dominance this season, and for the foreseeable future.....alas.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

I believe that's the AFC L_EAST
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

The East is not elite, but it is second toughest in the Conference, I believe. NE is so good, though, they will continue their dominance this season, and for the foreseeable future.....alas.
    No, you elevate it by signing Tebow. Can ya hear it yet? Tebow Tebow Tebow!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Who cares? It may be the weakest division but it does have the strongest team.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Ahhh haaaa! Nice Chazz!!

Let me make the distinction between our respective Division's strength a little clearer and easier to understand...

Your former #1 draft pick and starting QB, one season removed, is struggling, and questionable as to whether he can even crack the NE roster.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

Who cares?.....LOL

The short and sweet, dismissive comeback....but then, what else could one say?

I was just thinking how Peyton was a definite upgrade for the Broncs, yet what did he actually do for them that Tebow didn't do the year before? Both won the Division, and both won a PO game...oh, wait, Peyton didn't win a PO game last year unless we count the 'bye'.

Then I realized Manning did win 13 games to Timmy's 8. Eight! Holy canoli....then I remembered that there was a three-way tie in W-L records in the West in 2011, and KC was only a game behind! That's a pretty pathetic Division....nay, astounding...when you think about it. In 2012, there was some improvement, yet while Denver won 13 games, that was the grand total of wins of the other three division members, combined!

Yep....who cares? I wouldn't want to try and debate that either. But to be fair, the East is not exactly a grind, but at the same time, there is no question that that NE's dominance is based much more on their superiority over the other AFC East teams than Denver's recent success in taking the West title, don't you agree?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Who's strong over there besides NE? Buffalo? Miami? NYJ? I firmly believe
    that both KC and SD can whip any of those other three teams handily. KC
    has been picked by many as a Wild Card team this year. I doubt seriously
    that any team in the east will come close to a Wild Card.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Who's strong over there besides NE? Buffalo? Miami? NYJ? I firmly believe
    that both KC and SD can whip any of those other three teams handily. KC
    has been picked by many as a Wild Card team this year. I doubt seriously
    that any team in the east will come close to a Wild Card.
    If we're talking about this season, who knows yet... You may be right. But "handily"...? hmmm, that may be a stretch.

But you can't refute the facts or the records of the past two seasons.

Having said that, I also believe that any comparisons between team's performance, even against common opponents, is speculative at best, since the composition of the game day rosters, the weather, the locale, etc., all change from week to week. It's what make this game so interesting and exciting.

Let me make the distinction between our respective Division's strength a little clearer and easier to understand...

Your former #1 draft pick and starting QB, one season removed, is struggling, and questionable as to whether he can even crack the NE roster.
    Our former draft pick was selected by your offensive coordinator who fired from our staff. Man I hate that yellow font. Its really hard to read on my phone. Just remember...Broncos fans won't claim Joshy boy. At least we got Thomas and Decker...lol

The toughest division in the AFC is the North. The second toughest is the South. Colts and Texans make a superior duo then the Patriots and...Miami?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The toughest division in the AFC is the North. The second toughest is the South. Colts and Texans make a superior duo then the Patriots and...Miami?
    Don't think anyone is questioning that the AFC North and South are toughest two divisions in AFC. Also don't think any rational person can claim the AFC West is better or tougher than the AFC East or vice versa because they both are lame. The Jets and Buffalo both have awful QB situations, Miami is an unknown, the Raiders and Chargers both suck and the Chefs are also an unknown. I haven't compared schedules, but I think that Miami might be the only one of those teams with a chance for a winning record and I think that is unlikely. IMHO, the Chief will at best finish 8-8.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Don't think anyone is questioning that the AFC North and South are toughest two divisions in AFC. Also don't think any rational person can claim the AFC West is better or tougher than the AFC East or vice versa because they both are lame. The Jets and Buffalo both have awful QB situations, Miami is an unknown, the Raiders and Chargers both suck and the Chefs are also an unknown. I haven't compared schedules, but I think that Miami might be the only one of those teams with a chance for a winning record and I think that is unlikely. IMHO, the Chief will at best finish 8-8.
    It was in dispute since he said the AFCE was the second best division. I could have read his post wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information