Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC West.....the weakest Division in the League

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The toughest division in the AFC is the North. The second toughest is the South. Colts and Texans make a superior duo then the Patriots and...Miami?
    Sorry.....but none of the polls and rankings I've seen concur with you, King.

Here's an example...
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ranking...6876--nfl.html

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...sions-for-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
    Sorry.....but none of the polls and rankings I've seen concur with you, King.

Here's an example...
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ranking...6876--nfl.html

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...sions-for-2013
    They should be smarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

It was in dispute since he said the AFCE was the second best division. I could have read his post wrong.
    No, actually I said "I believe" I saw that AFCE was second to the AFCN, and apparently, on checking, I was correct.

No, actually I said "I believe" I saw that AFCE was second to the AFCN, and apparently, on checking, I was correct.
    Ah. I gotcha.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    Our former draft pick was selected by your offensive coordinator who fired from our staff. Man I hate that yellow font. Its really hard to read on my phone. Just remember...Broncos fans won't claim Joshy boy. At least we got Thomas and Decker...lol

Are you sure, Sarge?

I heard Elway gave the order to pull the lever!

Ah. I gotcha.
    In case that's sarcasm, here's my comment "The East is not elite, but it is second toughest in the Conference, I believe. "

They should be smarter.
    Probably true!

On second thought.....WTF were they thinking?

Our former draft pick was selected by your offensive coordinator who fired from our staff. Man I hate that yellow font. Its really hard to read on my phone. Just remember...Broncos fans won't claim Joshy boy. At least we got Thomas and Decker...lol

Are you sure, Sarge?

I heard Elway gave the order to pull the lever!
    Elway wasn't a member of the Staff still after Josh was fired. Man josh sux as a HC. Elway did pull the trading Tebow lever. Still can't remember who we got for him.

Elway wasn't a member of the Staff still after Josh was fired. Man josh sux as a HC. Elway did pull the trading Tebow lever. Still can't remember who we got for him.
    Hard to believe anyone looked at Tebow and thought he could direct a pro offense...shame on McD

Probably true!

On second thought.....WTF were they thinking?
    The AFC North has a team that has made the playoffs three out of four years -Cincinnati- the Sb champs - the ravens- and a team that has not missed the playoffs in consecutive years since the ninties -the steelers-. In other words, at the start of the year we have three legitimate playoff contenders...and the Browns. The West has two in KC and Denver. The South has two in Indy and Texas, the East has two in Miami and New England.

I assume they're taking the "the steelers are going to finally fall off and the Ravens lost too much," route, which is strange. The Steelers were supposed to be done several times, dating back to the Cowher regime. It's prudent to assume that they're tough until they aren't, and they had a winning record last year. The Ravens replaced a lot of what they lost, and let's be honest, Lewis was not that great in the end of the year and in the postseason, Reed markedly was worse, etc etc etc. I have more faith in the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals than I do for the Phins and Chiefs.

Hard to believe anyone looked at Tebow and thought he could direct a pro offense...shame on McD
    I liked Tebow but I never saw him play in college. I liked him better than Orton. Josh McD is a great coach, with Brady at QB.
    Last edited by Army Bronco; 08-31-2013 at 06:12 PM.

The AFC North has a team that has made the playoffs three out of four years -Cincinnati- the Sb champs - the ravens- and a team that has not missed the playoffs in consecutive years since the ninties -the steelers-. In other words, at the start of the year we have three legitimate playoff contenders...and the Browns. The West has two in KC and Denver. The South has two in Indy and Texas, the East has two in Miami and New England.

I assume they're taking the "the steelers are going to finally fall off and the Ravens lost too much," route, which is strange. The Steelers were supposed to be done several times, dating back to the Cowher regime. It's prudent to assume that they're tough until they aren't, and they had a winning record last year. The Ravens replaced a lot of what they lost, and let's be honest, Lewis was not that great in the end of the year and in the postseason, Reed markedly was worse, etc etc etc. I have more faith in the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals than I do for the Phins and Chiefs.
    I agree completely. AFC North = cream of Conference, overall. I thought the question was whether the East> South.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

If we're talking about this season, who knows yet... You may be right. But "handily"...? hmmm, that may be a stretch.

But you can't refute the facts or the records of the past two seasons.

Having said that, I also believe that any comparisons between team's performance, even against common opponents, is speculative at best, since the composition of the game day rosters, the weather, the locale, etc., all change from week to week. It's what make this game so interesting and exciting.
    People all over the league will tell you that the previous season means
    nothing to the present season. I'm going by what I see of this year's Chiefs,
    not last year's. So go ahead and gauge this year by the previous records.
    But, if you don't mind my advice, stay out of Vegas.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

top's right, Bo. Though I do miss the days when the AFC West was a dominate division and all the games came down to nail biters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    top's right, Bo. Though I do miss the days when the AFC West was a dominate division and all the games came down to nail biters.

He can't be right! 'Cause I'm never wrong...everybody knows that.

For those who don't recognize a tongue-in-cheek comment when they see one.

18. The Following User High Fived Mr Bojangles For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information