Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ICMP Flooding attack and DNS cache poisioning attack

Default ICMP Flooding attack and DNS cache poisioning attack

Detected ICMP Flooding attack

Detected DNS cache poisioning attack

What are these two things and how do I do something about it?

It seems to mostly happen while my wife is using Netflix. I've tried Googling it. I've tried resetting my router. I tried something else where I tried flushing it. I copied some type of code onto a notepad, saved it to my desktop, ran as an admin, and my computer rebooted. It was advice on a message board.

Any advice or help? It's like my router/modem can't multitask or something. Netflix works great, but I can't load a web page and I get these messages from my anti-virus. The web page usually shows that Chrome can't find broncosforums.com or something similar to that. I have no issues when Netflix is not running. I get 6 mbps, which isn't awful. How can I get my computer to work while Netflix is streaming to another device?

It's stealing all my innernets!

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Maybe you should notify Netflix, their server may be infected. Has this been going on for a while or did it just start?

DNS is what your computer uses to translate URL's into IP Address's (people friendly names to computer friendly numbers to find stuff).
    Merry.

It's been going on pretty much all year.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

What antivirus are you using? Have you tried connecting to the internet with another device (smartphone, etc) while your wife is watching netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    What antivirus are you using? Have you tried connecting to the internet with another device (smartphone, etc) while your wife is watching netflix?
    ESET, I think it's called.

Yeah. No matter what device I'm on, Netflix bogs my internet down.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    ESET, I think it's called.

Yeah. No matter what device I'm on, Netflix bogs my internet down.
    You can do some QoS things on your router by throttling the device netflix is running on. It may cause some loading time for netflix, but you should be able to get online with your other devices. What's your home bandwidth?

Oh, and maybe ditch ESET and download Microsoft Security Essentials.

You can do some QoS things on your router by throttling the device netflix is running on. It may cause some loading time for netflix, but you should be able to get online with your other devices. What's your home bandwidth?

Oh, and maybe ditch ESET and download Microsoft Security Essentials.
    My internet speed is 6mbps. How do I throttle it? Do you think ESET is part of the problem?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Detected ICMP Flooding attack

Detected DNS cache poisioning attack

What are these two things and how do I do something about it?

It seems to mostly happen while my wife is using Netflix. I've tried Googling it. I've tried resetting my router. I tried something else where I tried flushing it. I copied some type of code onto a notepad, saved it to my desktop, ran as an admin, and my computer rebooted. It was advice on a message board.

Any advice or help? It's like my router/modem can't multitask or something. Netflix works great, but I can't load a web page and I get these messages from my anti-virus. The web page usually shows that Chrome can't find broncosforums.com or something similar to that. I have no issues when Netflix is not running. I get 6 mbps, which isn't awful. How can I get my computer to work while Netflix is streaming to another device?

It's stealing all my innernets!
    I have step by step instructions for this. There is a lot of steps, but I can post them if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

I have step by step instructions for this. There is a lot of steps, but I can post them if you like.
    Does it involve me being naked and you painting me like one of your French girls?

In all seriousness, if you know what would fix it, that'd be amazing. I've been dealing with it all year. It's frustrating because I'm not 100% sure where the problem is. I think my wireless modem is junky too. I won't be back on my computer until tomorrow morning.

10. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Well, I got these instructions for a guy that used to post here (Rex). I hope they help.

1. Unplug your CPU and put it in a box along with your keyboard/monitor/mouse.
    2. Take the box outside and put it on your driveway.
    3. Run over the box with your car.
    4. Open your trunk.
    5. Pick up the box and put it in your trunk.
    6. Drive to the nearest store and buy some lighter fluid and some matches.
    7. Drive to the top of Black Mountain and park near a cliff.
    8. Open your trunk.
    9. Saturate both the box and the trunk of your car with the lighter fluid.
    10. Light a match and drop it in your trunk.
    11. Get back in your car and drive it off the cliff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Like I said, it'll have to wait until in the morning.

What happen to Rex? I think I vaguely remember him/it. Did he pick a cliff too high on the last step?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

My internet speed is 6mbps. How do I throttle it? Do you think ESET is part of the problem?
    If it's not localized to your computer, no I don't think ESET is the problem. If it works for you, leave it be.

What is your wireless modem model?

I know that I used to get really slow speeds when my kids were watching netflix before we upgraded to 12MBs, but our lines were also overloaded at the time.

When your wife is not watching Netflix. Go to www.speedtest.net and run a simple speed test. You should be getting around 5 MBs. If you aren't, I'd try contacting your ISP and complaining about the actual speed vs what you are paying for. If it's fine. You maight want to get a dedicated wireless router from best buy or someplace like newegg.com. Connect this to your modem directly, then run wireless from the new router. The dedicated router should be able to route traffic more efficiently and do some load balancing for you so that your wife can watch Netflix and you can use the internet at the same time.

If it's not localized to your computer, no I don't think ESET is the problem. If it works for you, leave it be.

What is your wireless modem model?

I know that I used to get really slow speeds when my kids were watching netflix before we upgraded to 12MBs, but our lines were also overloaded at the time.

When your wife is not watching Netflix. Go to www.speedtest.net and run a simple speed test. You should be getting around 5 MBs. If you aren't, I'd try contacting your ISP and complaining about the actual speed vs what you are paying for. If it's fine. You maight want to get a dedicated wireless router from best buy or someplace like newegg.com. Connect this to your modem directly, then run wireless from the new router. The dedicated router should be able to route traffic more efficiently and do some load balancing for you so that your wife can watch Netflix and you can use the internet at the same time.
    I tried to get 12 mb before. I am slightly too far off of the grid. Now, I pay for and receive nearly 6 mb according to my speed test. My speed has always been consistent.

I started looking for the wireless router than I had, but can't find it. Once I get the money, I guess I'll get a new one. My modem is the white 2 wire. I've seen other companies use them. My internet provider has stopped using them and went with a different kind for newer customers. It would be nice if I could get an upgrade instead of being left with a crappy modem. I think buying a router is the only option I haven't tried yet. Should a simple Linksys router from WalMart be fine?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I tried to get 12 mb before. I am slightly too far off of the grid. Now, I pay for and receive nearly 6 mb according to my speed test. My speed has always been consistent.

I started looking for the wireless router than I had, but can't find it. Once I get the money, I guess I'll get a new one. My modem is the white 2 wire. I've seen other companies use them. My internet provider has stopped using them and went with a different kind for newer customers. It would be nice if I could get an upgrade instead of being left with a crappy modem. I think buying a router is the only option I haven't tried yet. Should a simple Linksys router from WalMart be fine?
    Sure. You could also go with this and have it in 2 days.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833416001

17. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Does it involve me being naked and you painting me like one of your French girls?
    I have been waiting for this

19. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information