Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Expectations

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
    Oh, really...?

Joe seems to think exactly that....go back and read his comment, indicative of many comments I've read in my short time here.

I was just trying to offer a different, IMHO more realistic, perspective.
    Joe didn't say it was going to happen...he said it's not impossible. And him saying it's not impossible is no different than you saying it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    This helps your argument how? Obviously attempts will be much higher than receptions.

Just remember Joe you're talking to rainman who lives in his own little bubble. I bet he goes around all day saying "I'm a good driver."
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 08-07-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Peyton Manning to D. Thomas, E. Decker and now, Wes Welker!

What a passing game, huh? No question this offense could maybe have the best set of starting receivers in the League. But let's not assume that the addition of Welker will mean another 122 receptions and 1000+ yards for the Denver offense. That is not likely to occur....not by a long shot.

Unless Manning intends to average 55-60 passes per game or throw for 5,700 yards, which he surely will not, that scenario should be considered a pipe dream. I would say that the more reasonable expectation would be for Thomas' an Decker's numbers to decline a bit and Welker's to decline much more significantly. Here's why.

Welker's production will cannibalize from those two, since Manning and the passing game should remain fairly consistent. And Welker, coming from a NE offense where he was the primary WR, from the slot, will see amore drastic dip in his own production, by virtue of playing alongside more productive and reliable wideouts than he did in NE.

So although Peyton will have more options, don't let expectations run away from you as Bronco fans.

Arguments...?
    Thank you for the perspective.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Oh c'mon, man!

Even the talking heads are citing the Welker acquisition as reason to cede the SB to Denver, but you're gonna try to tell me that the Bronco fans aren't thinking that, too?

It's ok if you are, since, yes, Welker is an upgrade over Stokely.

But don't lose sight of what I said....Peyton Manning is still only going to be allowed to play with one football at a time, and he is unlikely to start throwing a lot more often. So remember, receptions is only one stat. You can't overlook Attempts when you crunch your numbers.
    I don't think it's all that far of a reach to say that Welker, Decker, and Thomas will all have 1k yard seasons or that Peyton throws for 5k. As long as everyone stays relatively healthy, I don't think making that claim is all that far off especially considering Peyton threw for over 4500 and 37 TDs last year...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's like watching a monkey hump a football.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Just remember Joe you're talking to rainman who lives in his own little bubble. I bet he goes around all day says "I'm a good driver."
    Yes, I realize that and I love how he never responds to my posts directly. He knows I would take his "football knowledge", roll it into a bat and beat him over the head with it.

NFL Savant. LOL. More like Savant Syndrome.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miles

I fully expect this offense to be explosive, efficient, and methodical. A juggernaut.

Defenses will get frustrated and have no answer. We will build a lead, and then unleash Von Miller & Co to wreak havoc on opposing offenses. If the running game can click and grind out the clock, watch out.

Individual stats will be meaningless. I don’t care who gets how many receptions. There are so many weapons, their individual impact will show by how many drives end with points over how many receptions they individually get .

My expectations are to win, and I don’t care if it’s by completing 2 passes, or 50. Barring catastrophic injury, I really don’t think my I will be disappointed.
    The best powder is pure, dry, light fluffy Colorado powder!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived powderaddict For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Who on here has said Denver is guaranteed to win the Super Bowl this year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Well, to be fair (don't know why, but ... ) I'm sure if we search every post someone, somewhere has guaranteed a Superbowl win for the Broncos.

Well not guaranteed but...

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...72#post1999872

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    So the best you have is a fan that predicted we will make the Super Bowl (not even win it). Cool.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well, to be fair (don't know why, but ... ) I'm sure if we search every post someone, somewhere has guaranteed a Superbowl win for the Broncos.
    You are probably right, but it's certainly not the widespread phenomenon that Mr. B seems to be claiming.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You are probably right, but it's certainly not the widespread phenomenon that Mr. B seems to be claiming.
    Agreed. But like I've said, he more qualifies for savant syndrome than anything else.

Yes, I realize that and I love how he never responds to my posts directly. He knows I would take his "football knowledge", roll it into a bat and beat him over the head with it.

NFL Savant. LOL. More like Savant Syndrome.
    There could be other reasons, besides my fear of your obvious savant-like football acumen, for why I don't respond directly to your comments, Joe. Put on you savant cap and think about it. I'm sure that, given enough time, you'll conclude that the first thought that pops up in your head might not be the only possibility! I don't spit into the wind, either.

if it'll make you feel better, I will pay extra attention to responding directly to you. Also, I will remove the "NFL Savant" quip from my profile, since it seems to be a source of irritation to your fragile ego.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

There could be other reasons, besides my fear of your obvious savant-like football acumen, for why I don't respond directly to your comments, Joe. Put on you savant cap and think about it. I'm sure that, given enough time, you'll conclude that the first thought that pops up in your head might not be the only possibility! I don't spit into the wind, either.

if it'll make you feel better, I will pay extra attention to responding directly to you. Also, I will remove the "NFL Savant" quip from my profile, since it seems to be a source of irritation to your fragile ego.
    That's the best you got? Frankly, I was expecting something more.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information