Thread: A-Rod, eight others to be suspended

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default A-Rod, eight others to be suspended

Yankees’ Alex Rodriguez and eight other players to be suspended this week, MLB tells union officials: source

Overwhelming evidence gathered in case against A-Rod, who plans to appeal. Former Yankees Melky Cabrera and Bartolo Colon will not be punished as they have already been suspended for Biogenesis connections. Some players will escape as MLB did not collect enough evidence to warrant penalties.

BY BILL MADDEN , NATHANIEL VINTON , MICHAEL O’KEEFFE IN NEW YORK AND ROGER RUBIN IN TAMPA / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Major League Baseball officials told union leaders during a meeting at the Players Association’s midtown Manhattan offices on Tuesday that they plan to suspend Alex Rodriguez and eight other players who allegedly obtained performance-enhancing drugs from a South Florida anti-aging clinic.

Most of the players will be suspended for 50 games, but some – including the Yankees’ embattled superstar — face stiffer penalties for lying to MLB investigators or interfering in baseball’s year-long Biogenesis investigation.

Not all of the players linked to Biogenesis in media reports face discipline, sources have told The News. Two former Yankees — Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera and Oakland A’s pitcher Bartolo Colon — will not be punished because they already have been suspended as a result of their links to Biogenesis and its owner, self-styled “biochemist” Anthony Bosch.
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-...#ixzz2adyQJw66
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

It's A-Roid BTW.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I wonder if they will try to throw a lifetime ban on A-Rod, as has been speculated by some. I have a hard time believing they would be able to, but some think it's possible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 19m
    MLB prepared to ban A-Rod for life as clock ticks down. http://usat.ly/1ec3sfa
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Wow. I hate A-Rod as much as any good baseball fan, but that seems a bit excessive. Seems like they are using him to make an example since he is the biggest name and most unlikable. Mark McGwire lied to congress and juiced just as much as A-Rod and he's a coach now. I have never been a fan of the lifetime ban though. Didn't like it for Pete Rose, and don't like it here. They should just let the Yankees get out of his contract and let him fade into obscurity, then put his fate into the hands of the HoF voters. I have no doubt he will challenge this pretty strongly.

It feels super weird to be defending him since he is as unlikable an athlete as there is, but this punishment seems a bit overboard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Lifetime ban? Damn.
    That wouldnt make sense since Braun only got 65 games and $100 million payout.
    Baseball would be so much better off if they would stop making a stink about PEDs.

I try my best to root for this guy but it's almost impossible, and I never disliked a Yankee during their playing days.

But A-Rod has been disliked by a ton of Yankee fans after the Jeter diss years ago. Many of us tried our darndest to root for him since he wears the pinstripes but he is so easy to dislike with his clutchless self.

We call him Mr. Tack On for his clutch 3 run homers when the Yankees are already up by 10. He was clutch for a while but Jeter puts him to shame.

Sure he saved us in the last ALCS, but Matsui was the true hero.

This rant is more about him overall than the drugs. Baseball put itself in this position.

I want R-Rod gone and that pains me to say since he's still a Yankee.

I was a fan of A-Rod growing up. Not anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rosenthal is tweeting names, but so far no one has a full report.

14 in total:
    Alex Rodriguez
    Ryan Braun
    Nelson Cruz
    Jhonny Peralta
    Antonio Bastardo
    Jordany Valdespin
    Everth Cabrera
    Francisco Cervelli
    Jesus Montero
    Cesar Puello
    Segio Escalona
    Fautino De Los Santos
    Fernando Martinez
    Jordan Norberto

Bartolo Colon, Yasmani Grandal and Melky Cabrera won't receive additional punishment (already served suspensions).

Gio Gonzalez and Danny Valencia cleared.

Boo Hoo bye bye gayrod

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default MLB suspends 13, including A-Rod

Major League Baseball came down heavy Monday on the players it found to have been involved with the South Florida clinic Biogenesis, suspending Alex Rodriguez through the end of the 2014 season and banning 12 others for 50 games, including three All-Stars: Nelson Cruz of the Texas Rangers, Everth Cabrera of the San Diego Padres and Jhonny Peralta of the Detroit Tigers.

"I am disappointed with the penalty and intend to appeal and fight this through the process" Rodriguez said in a release. "I am eager to get back on the field and be with my teammates in Chicago tonight. I want to thank my family, friends and fans who have stood by my side through all this."

MLB commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement that Rodriguez's punishment will begin Thursday and cover the postseasons and was covered under the drug program's protocols and based on Rodriguez's "use and possession of numerous forms of prohibited performance-enhancing substances, including testosterone and human growth hormone, over the course of multiple years."
    rest - http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/95...k-yankees-2014

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

This is too funny not to share. Read the article, then laugh it up at the picture at the bottom.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...173439501.html

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information