Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Instigators

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default The Instigators

I posted something similar in a thread Zam was in this morning, but I think it needs to be fully discussed here.

I think the biggest problem plaguing this board right now is certain posters (Zam being the main one) being ganged up on in every thread, then being forced to lash back out in response, then being banned. The biggest example is any Osweiler thread, which usually consists of "don't let Zam see this" comments, or other such barbs thrown this way without him even entering the thread.

Do posters like Zam (and myself, and others at times) bring a lot of it upon himself? Absolutely. But it sure as hell doesn't help that posters are pretty much given free reign to gang up on as much as they want. I've even seen mods participate in the ganging up as well.

Now I'm not saying that Zam's bans have been unfair necessarily, but I think it's incredibly unfair the double standard that goes on here. Since we don't like Zam we are allowed to gang up on him relentlessly, but God forbid he ever fight back.

Posters like him might make a lot of posts that seem stupid, but it's not against the rules to make a stupid post. It is against the rules to berate him personally for it. I've talked to other posters behind the scenes about this and I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. Posters like Zam, me, and others who are disliked by many on here are quick to get CYP messages and bans. But the popular group on here (I can name several, but I won't) get free reign to post as many personal attacks as they want with seemingly no consequences.

I honestly think this board is going downhill because of crap like this, and I know I'm not the only person on here who thinks this. I think we would see WAY less feuds that lead to guys like Zam getting banned if the rules were enforced evenly for everyone.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I knew he was going to start a thread on this
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Yep. This place sucks. It's going downhill faster than a ski jumper.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I guess what this board really needs is a Sharknado right about now.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

The real "problem"...for lack of better words...is the good ole boy system. We have about 10-12 people here that have known each other for probably 10 years since they met on the Freak. Then you have some that knew each other for awhile elsewhere and moved here when Tned started the Forums. We all got together at that point and have been at it on this site for about 6 years now.

So, this is a community that is pretty tight with each other over a decent period of time. It's hard for someone new to come in and be accepted and even harder for a complete douche to come in. Think of how many people tried and are no longer around.

So, I kind of see it as an "e-family". There are always going to be feuds and fights and people that dont like each other...but at the end of the day, we are all still here every day and despite personal feelings about others...we still talk, argue, debate, converse, etc. We talk with each other and get together off-line and even help each other out in times of need. So, that makes it hard for someone new to walk in and get along with the rest of us with any ease. We've literally turned this into a community and one that doesnt always take too kindly to strangers moving in. That blame lies with each and every one of us.

10. The Following 15 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Yeah, exactly what we need is the dorky moderators making more judgement calls about what is or is not appropriate. Might I suggest simply wearing your big boy pants as an alternative?

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The problem I see is too many threads where a topic is begun and, before long, a few posters turn it into a personal jousting contest about who's more "gay", "ghey" or other crude sex talk that's completely off topic. I sometimes feel like this board is dominated by high schoolers or the maturity equivalent of such.

If we could have an opt-in forum where they can all settle their differences without the rest of us having to read it, I would certainly be pleased. Hopefully, when actual football starts up again, more threads can stay on topic.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I'm gonna put a stick on my shoulder and dare you to knock it off

Not to mention.. its the offseason. Nothing is going on, nothing new to really talk about, so every post (and every poster) is looked upon and dissected over past posts.........because we only have a FEW real topics. We each have been/are... Identified with our perspectives on certain "hot" topics. Elway, Manning, Tebow, Cutler, Plummer, Shanahan, Portis, Marshal......whatevers. We all have our positions and we are all pretty secure in defending those positions.

So you can't simply "change" your mind on a VERY adamant stance...one that has been posted over and over again and defended time and time again... and simply expect people/posters to "ignore" everything they know about your and your stance on that subject. Although most of us are anon on this message board, we are "known" by our opinions. Those opinions stick with us just as the nose on your face might stick out if we were talking in person.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Not to mention.. its the offseason. Nothing is going on, nothing new to really talk about, so every post (and every poster) is looked upon and dissected over past posts.........because we only have a FEW real topics. We each have been/are... Identified with our perspectives on certain "hot" topics. Elway, Manning, Tebow, Cutler, Plummer, Shanahan, Portis, Marshal......whatevers. We all have our positions and we are all pretty secure in defending those positions.

So you can't simply "change" your mind on a VERY adamant stance...one that has been posted over and over again and defended time and time again... and simply expect people/posters to "ignore" everything they know about your and your stance on that subject. Although most of us are anon on this message board, we are "known" by our opinions. Those opinions stick with us just as the nose on your face might stick out if we were talking in person.
    That's fine, but when someone starts an Osweiler thread and the first comment is "don't let Zam see this", that is just baiting that is asking to start an argument. I don't really see the need for that kind of crap. I get that you think his opinion on Os is stupid, but posts like that don't really contribute anything to the board.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    That's fine, but when someone starts an Osweiler thread and the first comment is "don't let Zam see this", that is just baiting that is asking to start an argument. I don't really see the need for that kind of crap. I get that you think his opinion on Os is stupid, but posts like that don't really contribute anything to the board.
    It's also reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, exactly what we need is the dorky moderators making more judgement calls about what is or is not appropriate. Might I suggest simply wearing your big boy pants as an alternative?
    Dorky moderators...you've singled me out. Expect a CYP in the near future, young man.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The real "problem"...for lack of better words...is the good ole boy system. We have about 10-12 people here that have known each other for probably 10 years since they met on the Freak. Then you have some that knew each other for awhile elsewhere and moved here when Tned started the Forums. We all got together at that point and have been at it on this site for about 6 years now.

So, this is a community that is pretty tight with each other over a decent period of time. It's hard for someone new to come in and be accepted and even harder for a complete douche to come in. Think of how many people tried and are no longer around.

So, I kind of see it as an "e-family". There are always going to be feuds and fights and people that dont like each other...but at the end of the day, we are all still here every day and despite personal feelings about others...we still talk, argue, debate, converse, etc. We talk with each other and get together off-line and even help each other out in times of need. So, that makes it hard for someone new to walk in and get along with the rest of us with any ease. We've literally turned this into a community and one that doesnt always take too kindly to strangers moving in. That blame lies with each and every one of us.
    This kinda plays into what I'm saying. That group of 12 "good ol boys" seem to get free reign to plow over newer or more unpopular posters. IMO, it's kinda making this board a shitty place. This board used to be pretty great back when we started mixing personalities from BF, Freak, and Mane and everyone kinda got to know each other and there was a huge variety of opinions.

Now many people who have tended to be abrasive or take unpopular stances have been run off, and that group of 12 or so posters tend to regurgitate the same circle-jerk opinions in every thread and they run off every new poster who tries to come in and say anything different. And since most of the mods have been around for a while and are friends with this group of posters, there doesn't seem to be any repercussions.

I don't know if the mods need to be shaken up, the rules need be changed or enforced more, or what....but something needs to be changed. This board is kinda going in the toilet and I'm definitely not the only person who thinks this. Thank God the Broncos are good at least, because if you compounded us sucking with the problems of this board, this place would be a wasteland.

I'm honestly not trying to make this thread to cry about something or personally attack anyone. I've been on this board for years and have really enjoyed it for the most part, and it saddens me to see it going to shit. I'm just trying to do what I can to help make it better.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It's also reality.
    I'm mostly just using Zam as an example since he is the most extreme and easily noticeable, but it happens all over the board. Any time a poster is known for having an unpopular opinion, it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to go into a thread on that topic without getting completely ganged up on for that opinion. Pretty much every thread turns into everyone circle-jerking the same opinion, or people ganging up on someone who disagrees with that opinion. This board didn't used to be that way.

26. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

leave zam alone!
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

28. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information