Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Belichick vague on Patriots' plans for Tim Tebow

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Bill Belichick vague on Patriots' plans for Tim Tebow

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick had nothing more to add to the Aaron Hernandez conversation on Friday, but he did return to the subject of Tim Tebow.

Asked by a reporter if Tebow would be used exclusively at quarterback, Belichick was decidedly vague.

"I think that we'll use Tim wherever we feel like he's best for the team," Belichick said, "and I know that's what he's committed to doing, as well. Whatever that is."
    AND
    UPDATE: After posting this, our friend Albert Breer, on the scene at practice, noted Tebow "just a caught a ball from Mallett in a weird new drill I've never seen before" and he's "still catching passes ... Lining up with backs and receivers in a (non-contact) tackling drill." Sigh. Belichick might have something up his sleeve. We can't wait to find out.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-for-tim-tebow

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I bet they'd love to have the Tebow distraction back in full gear...

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Bill Belichick vague? Why I never.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Welcome to the world of TE Timmy. Guess you might be catching a lot of passes from Mallet going forward after Brady is done.

I bet Tim doesn't line up a single time as a TE. But I bet Belicheck loves the idea of running Tebow through passing drills, catching passes with Mallet, to keep the media guessing and in the spotlight.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Tom E. Curran tweeted that practice was over and that Tebow was "horrendous"

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Tom E. Curran tweeted that practice was over and that Tebow was "horrendous"
    Wait... wait for it..........

"But its' only practice!!!" (I can almost hear the chants coming down the streets now)
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

College QBs who have never played WR make that switch in the NFL ALLLLLLL the time. I'm not really sure why some people are so convinced that moving to TE would be such an impossible thing for Tebow to do. It's not unprecedented at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    College QBs who have never played WR make that switch in the NFL ALLLLLLL the time. I'm not really sure why some people are so convinced that moving to TE would be such an impossible thing for Tebow to do. It's not unprecedented at all.
    Because he's white.

See Edelman, Julian

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    See Edelman, Julian
    If you read Ravage's posts, making the switch from QB to TE/WR is about as possible as winning the lottery.

You're exaggerations are ridiculous, and irritating. ALLLLLL the time? How many have been successful if so many are making the switch ALLLLLLL the time? I mean, if it's sooooo common, surely there would be a LOT of success. Tebow isn't the greatest of all athletes we've seen come out of college, he's just a very good athlete with a strong following. So what are the names that have had success? They don't have to have TOP success... just moderate if you wish. Brad Smith? The TE that came from Arkansas and played TE for a bit in Jax? Cribbs?

Quarterback's generally have good hands since they handle the ball on every snap. I have no doubt that Tim can catch. But Tim Tebow is slow and is not quick. He is NOT going to separate himself from defenders, and he's NEVER run routes, has NEVER blocked, and has a learning dyslexia disorder. You going to rely on Tim Tebow to pick up that blitzing LB? How about block that DE that is ready to come crush Brady? You really think that Tebow provides a mis-match against a LB or CB that is going to ahve to cover him when he's playing the TE position? Why would he create any problems for anyone at the position?

MAKING the switch is easy. Making the switch and being good enough to be SUCCESSFUL is a completely different matter. ANYONE can make a change of position, that's just on paper. But being able to actually perform at an NFL LEVEL, at a different position is really what the discussion/problem is about.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 07-26-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Yeah, it happens quite a bit, actually.

Rod Smith and Hines Ward come immediately to mind.

Pags already mentioned Julian Edelman.

Ronald Curry. Brad Smith. Joshua Cribbs. Antwan Randle El.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

17. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

So Julian Edelman and Matt Jones are the only white dudes to make the switch?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    So Julian Edelman and Matt Jones are the only white dudes to make the switch?
    I can't think of any others off the top, but I'm sure there were others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information