Thread: Google Chromecast

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Google Chromecast

https://play.google.com/store/device...?id=chromecast

http://news.yahoo.com/googles-chrome...175514986.html

Google today announced a new Internet-to-television device called Chromecast, a well-developed area of technology that doesn't really need another gizmo. With Apple TV, Roku and Boxee all providing solutions to turn a regular old HDTV into an Internet-capable TV, you might be thinking that the Chromecast is an also-ran before it's even been released.
    only 35 bucks

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Interesting.

About a year ago I did away with Direct TV and downgraded to XFinity 50 megs with just 99 channels for $40 a month. I also added the Roku in each room so I could get Hulu Plus, Netflix and HBO GO. I now save about $50 a month by doing this. However I don't get NFLN ot the Ticket anymore, which was a very tough decision for me to make. One thing that has eased the pain is that my Broncos have been getting way more primetime games the past few years. For the games I do miss on TV I will eaither stream or go to a friends house/Wild Wings.

I really like the Rokus though.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

4. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Interesting.

About a year ago I did away with Direct TV and downgraded to XFinity 50 megs with just 99 channels for $40 a month. I also added the Roku in each room so I could get Hulu Plus, Netflix and HBO GO. I now save about $50 a month by doing this. However I don't get NFLN ot the Ticket anymore, which was a very tough decision for me to make. One thing that has eased the pain is that my Broncos have been getting way more primetime games the past few years. For the games I do miss on TV I will eaither stream or go to a friends house/Wild Wings.

I really like the Rokus though.
    I completely got rid of cable 5 years ago and just do cable internet. I have the Network Blu-Ray players with Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc. and an HDMI cable for my computer to hook up to my TV for everything else. If I didn't live in Colorado I might have to think about that setup though, I really am spoiled by getting every Broncos game.

By the way, that is not an invitation for anyone out of state to move to Colorado. It..uh... sucks here. Yeah, thats the ticket.

EDIT: As far as that Chromecast thing... its ok but its basically a limited media wi-fi solution. It does have a good price, but I don't think its anything Earth shattering. Right now my laptop, phone, and desktop can bounce off my Airport Basestation to my TV and I have full access to all online media sites. The Chromecast looks like a good way to watch netflix without having to hook up cables but is very limited.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 07-26-2013 at 08:06 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

By the way, that is not an invitation for anyone out of state to move to Colorado. It..uh... sucks here. Yeah, thats the ticket.
    Lmao! Yes, it sucks here...people should move to Texas instead. They have more room there

8. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Colorado sucks so much, that's why my parents moved us to Vegas.

(**** I NEED TO GET BACK)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information