Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: #freeryanbraun

Adopted Bronco:

A-Rod will quietly be given the opportunity to retire before he is hit with a suspension. Baseball has tied itself to his name for too long to allow it's "king" to go down in flames like that

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    A-Rod will quietly be given the opportunity to retire before he is hit with a suspension. Baseball has tied itself to his name for too long to allow it's "king" to go down in flames like that
    Yeah, while totally ******* Pete Rose.

3. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This definitely won't be the catalyst for MLBPA to give up guaranteed contracts. HGH testing...now that's more likely.
    But HGH testing won't solve the problem since players just need to be careful until they land their big contract, and then not give a **** if they get banned from baseball since they "earned" their payday.

5. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

65 games, thats ridiculous. Plus, Braun will lose only $3 Million of his $100 million contract. This goes to prove: It PAYS to cheat in sports! Sad but true. What percentage of people will NOT take PEDs if they can make $100 Million? The worst that happens is you get suspended, but by then, youre so rich you dont care. What a deal. Great way to discourage PED use...,NOT

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    But HGH testing won't solve the problem since players just need to be careful until they land their big contract, and then not give a **** if they get banned from baseball since they "earned" their payday.
    A couple of things, though I agree with your sentiment.

Players are taking HGH to get big contracts, not necessarily playing until they get the contract and then taking HGH. And the MLBPA is never backing off guaranteed contracts.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

what will MLB do to A-Rod? He used PEDs to get himself $275 Million. Will he get a lifetime ban as some are hinting?

Is A Rod a bigger jerk than Bonds? Have heard he is even worse, but I dunno.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

How many billions of dollars is he responsible for helping MLB, the Yankees, the Rangers and the Mariners make?

I don't think the punishment will ever match up to the dollar figures.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I do think it's funny when people bash baseball players who use PEDs for tarnishing the history made by the noble players of the past. In reality, baseball players have been trying to cheat for as long as baseball has been around. Whether it be spitballs, scuffing, corked bats, you name it. The only difference is that the media back then didn't pry into things like they do today. People might be shocked if they every found out about all the cheating that really went on back in the day.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I do think it's funny when people bash baseball players who use PEDs for tarnishing the history made by the noble players of the past. In reality, baseball players have been trying to cheat for as long as baseball has been around. Whether it be spitballs, scuffing, corked bats, you name it. The only difference is that the media back then didn't pry into things like they do today. People might be shocked if they every found out about all the cheating that really went on back in the day.
    Look at the Hall of Famers that admitted amphetamines ran rampant in baseball prior to PED's

I find it to be a very inept comparison. I also don't think anyone really believes that the players of the past were noble.

Spitballs, corked bats, stealing signals, they all matter. Well, iirc after the Sammy Sosa incident they proven that a corked bat does little to nothing in regards to improving a player's chance to get a hit. Regardless, they all pale in comparison to the effects of Roids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Regardless, they all pale in comparison to the effects of Roids.
    So? Cheating is cheating. The science has just made it more effective now. You don't think players in the 30s and 40s would have used roids if they were available then?

So? Cheating is cheating. The science has just made it more effective now. You don't think players in the 30s and 40s would have used roids if they were available then?
    I'm a pragmatic man, BTB. For instance, taking the life of another human being is not illegal in all instances, and when it is, it's not punished the same way. If I shoot you in face after plotting to kill you for a week...that's not punished the same way as if I kill you in an automobile accident.

It's in human nature to cheat, and I understand that. They should have been punished severely now and back in those days as well.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

I say let them all take what they want to take. It makes the games more interesting for those of us that spend the money on their ludicrous contracts and it makes their arrogant lives shorter. It's a win-win

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It's in human nature to cheat, and I understand that. They should have been punished severely now and back in those days as well.
    I'm fine with that too, it just pisses me off when people complain about it tarnishing the history of baseball, as if players haven't always been cheating.

I'm fine with that too, it just pisses me off when people complain about it tarnishing the history of baseball, as if players haven't always been cheating.
    I have an interesting analogy that I can't put in this thread because it's not the lounge.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information