Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Entering Camp as the #1 back?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Default Entering Camp as the #1 back?

Ronnie Hillman.

The Denver Broncos will be entering training camp with RB Ronnie Hillman as the number 1 option in the running game. That doesn’t mean he will start the season as the number 1 guy though. Rookie RB Montee Ball will be doing everything he can during training camp and preseason to overtake that spot as the number 1 guy.
    http://nflspinzone.com/2013/07/21/ro...-as-lead-back/

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lost in the other news of today...this is pretty damned interesting.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

No mention of Knowshon. Interesting...

eh i guess.

We already know how the depth chart is going to look.

montee
    ronnie
    knowshon
    hester

The only way that changes is via bad news ( I refuse to say it) or that hillman or someone else really kicks some serious ass in tc and preseason and forces the coaches to sit another guy.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Not sure why this would be surprising.

Knowhon is still not ready to play and Hillman was getting 1st team reps in OTAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Hillman is 1st team because he was here last season. Ball should have the starting spot locked up by the time the 2nd preseason game is over.

10. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

No way Ball can make up for all of Hillman's veteran experience ( /sarc )
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Ideally I see Ball as the starter with Moreno the third down back and Hillman the change of pace back to give Montee a rest.
    In Elway We Trust

13. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Hillman is 1st team because he was here last season. Ball should have the starting spot locked up by the time the 2nd preseason game is over.
    Pretty much. Hillman is the healthy and experienced guy at the right time. Obviously, he is not a starting running back in this league. I think Moreno will hold onto the starting job, assuming he can stay healthy this year. He's a better receiver and pass blocker than any other back on the roster (by a wide margin) and those traits are only going to be more critical now that we should be even more pass happy than in 2012.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lost in the other news of today...this is pretty damned interesting.
    Eh, I don't think it's that interesting. Moreno is still recovering and Ball is just a rookie. Hillman is the only option left to be #1 at this point. You almost never see rookies given starting jobs this early. Assuming Ball is even halfway decent, he will likely assume the starting spot by week 1.

I don't think we'll be more pass happy this season. We drafted Ball for a reason, and we also know we need to keep a balanced offense consdering how things were trashed in the playoffs when Moreno got inured (again).

We also don't know that Moreno is the best pass blocker (by far) since Ball hasn't been on the field.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I don't think we'll be more pass happy this season. We drafted Ball for a reason, and we also know we need to keep a balanced offense consdering how things were trashed in the playoffs when Moreno got inured (again).

We also don't know that Moreno is the best pass blocker (by far) since Ball hasn't been on the field.
    Oh I definitely think we'll be more pass happy now. We've got two (three, depending on how you see Decker) elite receivers now, along with capable tight ends and two good receiving backs, along with a line that is generally better at pass than run blocking. We had a 56/44 pass run split last year and with Manning becoming more comfortable and taking more control of the offense as well, I'd be surprised if we finished under a 60/40.

Ball was a serviceable at best blocker in college, so unless he has made some incredible improvements in that area (unlikely) he'll still cede significant ground to Moreno there.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

Pass will rule the day, but when we run, season should start with Knowshon (if healthy) as starter, as he was super-productive last season when Willis went down, proved himself to the naysayers (who were always wrong to begin with)...then see how Montee/Hillman grind it out in camp. I suspect Montee will surpass them both eventually, and I'm still skeptical of Hillman as a feature back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

cant wait to see Hillmans speed on draw plays after passes to thomas, decker, welker

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Eddie Mac is on with Vic now on XML. Vic ask Eddie who would be the Broncos' starting running back, and Eddie stated that he feels it will be running back by committee, and Eddie also stated that Knowshon is the best running back on the team.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information