Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hypothetical Question on Manning's Potential Legacy as a Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    His salaries for 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 are already guaranteed. However, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 don't become fully guaranteed unless he is on the roster on the final day of the league year (which is like end of February 2015). So the team has given themselves an out if they want to go in another direction after the 2014-2015 season. Manning will be 39 at that point.
    Then we are deffinitely more than commited to him this year and next year. If Manning continues to play anywhere near the level he played last year this year and next year then we will deffinitely carry those last two years of his contract.

If he wins at least 1 SB in these next two years I could see him retiring and passing the torch to Brock. <------ That's the dream scenario. It will all hinge on him staying healthy or winning a championship. If Manning loses his touch and plays poorly these next two year then maybe we don't pick up those last two years. But I still wouldnt bet against Manning, even if he is 40 years old. He beats you with his mind and football knowledge. I can see Manning playing out his contract at a very high level so I wouldnt put anything past him Buff. He's shown no signs of slowing down, even with a neck injury.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

If Manning wins a SB this year in Denver, he's going to retire. He's far too intelligent of a football player to not hang'em up. He loves football and has a respect for the game that I've never seen in my lifetime. To Peyton Manning, how you leave the game matters. If he gets ring number two in Denver, he's done everything. Best pure passer of all-time? Yeah. Smartest quarterback of all time? Yeah. Only QB to slowly create his own personal system? Pretty sure he gets that one too. Dominant a league for a long time? Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I think that's a terrible mindset to have a sports fan. I would rather not be pissed of for 38 out of 40 seasons. You can lower your expectations and still enjoy the titles just as much.

Seriously, what's the point in having monster expectations every year and getting let down 95% of the time? How is that fun?
    They play the game for a championship, every team comes into the season with the hope they win it all, why shouldnt a fan do the same thing.

I love the argument, though, I expect we win 9 games and are mid-pack good vs. I expect us to win it all every year, its why they play the game.

I EXPECT the team to compete for a Bowl every year, but I dont feel any more disappointment than anyone else when they dont do it.

5. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Everyone here is wrong.

Peyton Manning will always be thought of as a Tennessee Volunteer. And if he goes into football after retirement, he won't be in Denver, Indy, or even pro football. He'll do something at UT. That's where he spent his 4 years of college, and every year since (here and there). That's where a lot of his money goes, and that's where he's treated like a god. Manning will be to Indy what Favre was to Green Bay, and not much more. Obviously without the drama of Favre/GreenBay.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post

They play the game for a championship, every team comes into the season with the hope they win it all, why shouldnt a fan do the same thing.

I love the argument, though, I expect we win 9 games and are mid-pack good vs. I expect us to win it all every year, its why they play the game.

I EXPECT the team to compete for a Bowl every year, but I dont feel any more disappointment than anyone else when they dont do it.
    Hope and expecting or anticipating are worlds different. Every sports fan hopes their team does well. Not every fan should anticipate a title every year. That's just dumb.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

8. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If Manning wins a SB this year in Denver, he's going to retire. He's far too intelligent of a football player to not hang'em up. He loves football and has a respect for the game that I've never seen in my lifetime. To Peyton Manning, how you leave the game matters. If he gets ring number two in Denver, he's done everything. Best pure passer of all-time? Yeah. Smartest quarterback of all time? Yeah. Only QB to slowly create his own personal system? Pretty sure he gets that one too. Dominant a league for a long time? Yeah.

If he were to win one this year I am not so sure. He has everything surrounding him to go ahead and repeat. Why would he give up a chance to win yet one more??? Not to mention, 60 or so million reasons just waiting for you over 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Everyone here is wrong.

Peyton Manning will always be thought of as a Tennessee Volunteer. And if he goes into football after retirement, he won't be in Denver, Indy, or even pro football. He'll do something at UT. That's where he spent his 4 years of college, and every year since (here and there). That's where a lot of his money goes, and that's where he's treated like a god. Manning will be to Indy what Favre was to Green Bay, and not much more. Obviously without the drama of Favre/GreenBay.

Wrong again, Peyton Manning will forever be known as an Isidore from Newman High School in New Orleans.

I win!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Next year will be Manning's last in a Broncos uniform. I just don't see us committing to a 40 year old QB.
    If it was anyone but Manning I'd tend to agree with you, but man if he is just getting better (as he did over the course of the last season) then go year by year and get the The Great and Powerful Osweiler (TM 2013 MasterShake Inc) ready to step in and be the next Aaron Rodgers.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Hope and expecting or anticipating are worlds different. Every sports fan hopes their team does well. Not every fan should anticipate a title every year. That's just dumb.
    Its not dumb by any means, unrealistic yes, but not dumb.

Expecting to win it every year is unrealistic, but before every season one should expect their chosen sports team to win a title, its the whole point of the season.

Of coarse I would be wrong to tell you other wise, its your choice what to set for your own expectations, I just think your selling yourself short by expecting less.

Again, the games are played for a title, not for small instances of growth. Im pretty sure every player is disappointed when the playoffs dont come or the trophy isnt in hand. Because they expected their hard work would get them there.

Anyway, my whole point here is, dont judge others so harshly for expectations. there is nothing wrong with lofty goals, its how great things are achieved. Even if its just from a recliner

14. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Peyton is going to be remembered first and foremost as a Colt regardless of what he does in Denver by the general public. Elway will still be the best quarterback in Denver history because all of his career was spent in Broncos uniform. I don't see how he could be replaced given the fact of what he did over a longer period of time. As mentioned Manning has walked onto as you said stacked. Elway didn't have anything close to that until last three years of his career. Manning would hold a very special place in Denver history but I can't replacing Elway even he does lead to three Super Bowl wins.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

Wrong again, Peyton Manning will forever be known as an Isidore from Newman High School in New Orleans.

I win!!!
    Bish, you cray.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Manning is a Colt

Lynch is a Buccaneer

Welker is a Patriot

see how this works

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Manning is a Colt

Lynch is a Buccaneer

Welker is a Patriot

see how this works
    That's "was" and not "is".

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information