Thread: John Rocker...yes, that John Rocker.

Default John Rocker...yes, that John Rocker.

Here he is talking about steroids and baseball.

“Honestly, and this may go against what some people think from an ethical stand point, I think it was the better game. At the end of the day when people are paying their $80, $120 whatever it may be, to buy their ticket and come watch that game, it’s almost like the circus is in town. They are paid to be entertained. They wanna see some clown throw a fastball 101 mph and some other guy hit it 500 feet. That’s entertainment. You’re paying to be entertained.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...151144161.html

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I couldn't agree more with him.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Its the entertainment age. People get bored easily. People will pay to see a freak show. If it aint freaky, they will go find something that is.
    Bigger, faster and stronger is all that matters, by whatever means possible.

Not a shocking comment...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

If it's not real, who cares? It's like taking a test with a lot of the answers or playing a video game with a cheat code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If it's not real, who cares? It's like taking a test with a lot of the answers or playing a video game with a cheat code.
    So you don't like fake boobs? If I paid for you a prostitute, would you still sex her up?

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    So you don't like fake boobs? If I paid for you a prostitute, would you still sex her up?
    Most tit jobs are awful. I don't bang prostitutes.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Most tit jobs are awful. I don't bang prostitutes.
    You're such a romantic

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    You're such a romantic
    Not really. Most tit jobs look like ******* awful. If you need to pay for a prostitute, it's bad.

Not really. Most tit jobs look like ******* awful. If you need to pay for a prostitute, it's bad.
    I couldn't afford one. So it doesn't matter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This has long been my stance. I think professional athletes should have free reign to leverage science however they can.

The NFL being the most popular sport is the perfect example. You think these guys are naturally 6'6", 290 lbs and running 4.5 40s? We like our athletes juiced.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Back to the subject, Rocker is probably more right than anyone admits even if he doesn't express it well. How much mileage did MLB get from the McGwire-Sosa home run chase and Bonds' all-time records? How many pitchers got more life on their fastballs because they were juicing?

If it were not for the known harmful side effects, cumulatively and initially, plus the example it sets for young men trying to be like their sports heroes, steroids wouldn't really be a problem.

I've often said the only difference between steroid abuse and Tommy John surgery is that one is done under doctor's care and the other isn't but both often leave you with an artificially-enhanced better baseball player than what you started with. So why is one of them "cheating" and the other isn't?

If steroids could be mainstreamed and done under the care of physicians, would it still be "cheating"? If it's out in the open and everybody knows, is it still "cheating"? Cheating those who set records before the steroid era, certainly, but there have been a ton of medical advancements the players of yesteryear didn't have from laser eye surgery to arthroscopic surgery. Why would regulated and control steroid therapy/training be any different?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    If it were not for the known harmful side effects, cumulatively and initially, plus the example it sets for young men trying to be like their sports heroes, steroids wouldn't really be a problem.
    This is definitely the worst thing about the steroid era IMO. It's very sad that it has trickled down to the high school level and has killed several high school kids.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Back to the subject, Rocker is probably more right than anyone admits even if he doesn't express it well. How much mileage did MLB get from the McGwire-Sosa home run chase and Bonds' all-time records? How many pitchers got more life on their fastballs because they were juicing?

I've often said the only difference between steroid abuse and Tommy John surgery is that one is done under doctor's care and the other isn't but both often leave you with an artificially-enhanced better baseball player than what you started with. So why is one of them "cheating" and the other isn't?

If steroids could be mainstreamed and done under the care of physicians, would it still be "cheating"? If it's out in the open and everybody knows, is it still "cheating"? Cheating those who set records before the steroid era, certainly, but there have been a ton of medical advancements the players of yesteryear didn't have from laser eye surgery to arthroscopic surgery. Why would regulated and control steroid therapy/training be any different?
    There are also a ton of supplements out there that can help you in everything from recovery to just gaining muscle.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information