Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Dwight Howard to sign elsewhere?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    He spent one year in LA. That's not a real sample size. The LA team where "crappy players become champions" is coached by Phil Jackson. Jackson wasn't there last season. All of his other seasons were in Orlando. They won some games, never a championship. That doesn't prove he can't win. Or that a team can't be built around him.
    Really? Phil Jackson turned crappy players into champions? Are you kidding right now? He had Jordan or Kobe for all 11 of his titles. He never took a team of crappy players and made them champs.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post

Really? Phil Jackson turned crappy players into champions? Are you kidding right now? He had Jordan or Kobe for all 11 of his titles. He never took a team of crappy players and made them champs.
    I agree. I was just going by what the other guy said. Obviously, he never had crappy players. But he's assuming DH should have won a championship simply by playing in LA.

I would enjoy this misfortune and seemingly lean times headed the Lakers way but it never works out that way. There's really only 6-8 teams superstars play for in the NBA and sadly the Lakers are one of them. Some other superstar (or 2 or 3) will be there again soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

4. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Power transfer worried Howard

Dwight Howard's distaste for the offense and approach of coach Mike D'Antoni is widely cited as the biggest trigger in his decision to leave the Los Angeles Lakers. But another key factor that led the All-Star center to the Houston Rockets was the Lakers' refusal to establish a clear timetable for moving on from the Kobe Bryant era, according to sources with knowledge of Howard's thinking.

Sources told ESPN.com that Howard and his representatives -- in a handful of meetings with Lakers officials before he became a free agent July 1 -- strongly suggested the center would have a difficult time re-signing with the team if Bryant stayed with the franchise beyond the 2013-14 season, the final year of his contract.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...angeles-lakers

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information