Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots suck!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Cleveland messed with the stats
    Actually, although the Original Cleveland Browns was just 3-13 (1990) the year before BB took over as HC (1991), they went to the AFCCG 3 of the previous 4 years (1986-'89). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/

In 1996, they move to Baltimore and change their names to the Ravens, dump BB as their HC and won the 1st of 2 SBs 5 years later (2000). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/

When BB took over the Patriots in 2000, he inherited at team that had their 2nd to worst finish in in 6 years, 8-8. Their worst season, 6-10 (1995). They also went to a SB in Bill Parcell’s final season with them as HC (1996). In short, this was a consistently competitive franchise before BB showed up. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/

By the time Brady (a 6th round draft pick who was brought in to be a career backup) took over Drew Bledsoe, BB had led the previously consistently competitive Patriots to just a 5-13 record. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/nwe/2001.htm

BB's 261-123 career HC record does sound impressive. However, take away him being 207-60 in games Brady was his starting QB, then leaves him with a career non-Brady record of 54-63. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BradTo00.htm

BB was 36-44 with Cleveland, 18-19 in New England without Brady... https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/BeliBi0.htm

...thanks in large part to Matt Cassel being a 2 so-so hits wonder for the 1st time in 2008 (he had 10-5 records both that year and 2010, his 2nd year with the Chiefs). https://www.pro-football-reference.c...C/CassMa00.htm

My bottom-line conclusion: BB became a "coaching genius" by accident, & by cheating. If Bledsoe wouldn’t have gone down with a serious injury that forced him to miss several games in the 2nd game of the 2001 season, and BB hadn't been video taping the opposing D's signals during the 1st half of Brady's career, "Tom Terrific's" playing career might have gone the way of Gary Kubiac's.
    Im no BB or Pat supporter but... As you said, the Ravens turned into a SB team in 2000 with a large core of players from... BB.

Cleveland was a bad situation. He took over a 3x13 team, promised a winner in 4 years but delivered it in 3.

NE played in then what was a much tougher Division then, even the Nyj were a tougher squad.

I don't think Bledsoe was dragging him down he was like a 10 year vet already, he could have probably won with Bledsoe too. He was very solid his first year in Buffalo before injuries sidelined hin so it showed he could still play.

No I dont hate the Patriots. But I pity the fools.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 07-23-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Belichick!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I got respect for the Patriots. Its easy not to hate em too much when the Broncos are one of the few teams that historically bash their brains in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I got respect for the Patriots. Its easy not to hate em too much when the Broncos are one of the few teams that historically bash their brains in.
    Nothing screams respect me like constant cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Nothing screams respect me like constant cheating.
    Broncos have been called cheaters many, many times in the 90s, from the zone blocking to the salary cap to the vaseline incident. Just sayin.

Broncos have been called cheaters many, many times in the 90s, from the zone blocking to the salary cap to the vaseline incident. Just sayin.
    The ZBS was legal under the rules. Much like what the Patriots did against the Ravens was legal.

The cap violation was rectified and the organization accepted the punishment. It didn't sue with a flimsy case, or cry victim, or all the shady shit like disallowing trainers from speaking to the league. There was no cell phone false victimhood, either. Although you could attribute that to Tom Brady himself. We certainly didn't have a QB deflating balls so he, a QB known for having a pretty average arm, could get a better deep ball pass off in cold weather.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

ZBS is legal but they were still called dirty and illegal amd accused of going after opposing defenders knees.

Juat because they didnt challenge the salary cap issues, does it mean there wasnt anything unfair going on?

I dont care. Im a fan. I want them to do all they can to win.

ZBS is legal but they were still called dirty and illegal amd accused of going after opposing defenders knees.

Juat because they didnt challenge the salary cap issues, does it mean there wasnt anything unfair going on?

When you get caught you pay your debt. How one does that is also indicative of character, or lack thereof.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

When you get caught you pay your debt. How one does that is also indicative of character, or lack thereof.
    I thought the vaseline incident was even worse.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broncos.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	14616

Shazam is related to Thom.

So are the Broncos ready for their 4th straight losing season?

17. The Following User High Fived KissTheRings For This Post:

WTE

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by KissTheRings View Post
    So are the Broncos ready for their 4th straight losing season?
    You mean 3rd.

Missing the playoffs is a losing season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information