Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XBox One

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Default XBox One

I figured since there was a PS4 thread I had to make this one.

Digital Sharing

Sure, you won't be able to share physical copies with everyone but you'll be able to share digitally with up to 10 people.

It's also supposed to have streaming NFL games, probably in HD. No more crappy Internet streams. Well worth it even if it requires a gold membership. Still cheaper than NFL Sunday Ticket.

XBox and NFL content

Now if they would only sell one without the Kinect for $100 cheaper.
    In Elway We Trust

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    I figured since there was a PS4 thread I had to make this one.

Digital Sharing

Sure, you won't be able to share physical copies with everyone but you'll be able to share digitally with up to 10 people.

It's also supposed to have streaming NFL games, probably in HD. No more crappy Internet streams. Well worth it even if it requires a gold membership. Still cheaper than NFL Sunday Ticket.

XBox and NFL content

Now if they would only sell one without the Kinect for $100 cheaper.
    Ive never been a Kinect guy... and have never played. But it would be silly for them, at this point, to have 2 different models. There are too many options to have available with the kinect. Logging in, is face recognition. So you don't even have to be required for passwords...which is safer than passwords. Moving games is just the tip.

Digital download is the way that EVERYTHING is moving. I wouldn't be surprised that we will soon see something like Redbox, sell you a thumbdrive from which you download the movie onto...either from your computer or at the redbox station... instead of taking a physical copy home. Now I say a thumbdrive because tht drive could have proprietary software so that you can download from the Redbox so that you aren't required to have internet connection at home in order to rent from them. This of course allows them to make money on selling the thumbdrives... AND..gives them a way to see how many times your individual drive is plugged in. Enabling coupons, discounts, and other incentives to more regular customers.

Then, they could do it like they do on the itunes. You have 30 days to watch, but once you start the movie you have 24 hours to see it and can't see again. The bad thing about that is that they can't charge you for late fees, but above that, no having to produce and/or physically ship/stock products. That would make up the difference in late fees. Not to mention having to try and find a way to distribute, or sell, the out-of-date movies that end up filling their kiosks.

Move this over to gaming. PC games have already moved almost exclusively to DL. Platform games have add-on DLC. The platforms have been moving this direction for years, yet people seem to be shocked when its here.

Media no longer has to ahve a physical disk. We moved from 8 track, to cassette tape, to CD, to digital download. Everything else is taking the same path.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

You know, im going to get both eventually, but i think i will be buying XBOX one when it comes out first. Its to much power not to have in your living room.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    You know, im going to get both eventually, but i think i will be buying XBOX one when it comes out first. Its to much power not to have in your living room.
    With your paranoia of government spying and shit I thought you would scoff at the idea of buying an XBOX One.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

To be honest. I would really hate the kinect in my house.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'll get one when they're available.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Another thing is the dedicated servers Microsoft has... I dont know if Ps4 has them or will use players to host games.

I don't like being forced to include the Kinect. I never used it once on the 360.....well because it sucks and no need for it.

The other thing is you Turtle Beach headsets are not compatible unless you splice them with the mic that comes with the console or you buy an adapter which comes out early 2014. If not then you have to buy a complete new Turtle Beach headset....another $150 down the drain. I think I am just going to splice mine and I hear it works great.

I am going to get the XBOX ONE in a few days.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:

Has anyone bought/used one yet? I got one for the family for Christmas. Wanna make sure the car payment I dropped for the damn thing is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Has anyone bought/used one yet? I got one for the family for Christmas. Wanna make sure the car payment I dropped for the damn thing is worth it
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid Coach? I did the math (exchange rates) and they cost $656 US dollars here. I'm trying to decide whether to buy one here, or have one of my clients bring one down.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid Coach? I did the math (exchange rates) and they cost $656 US dollars here. I'm trying to decide whether to buy one here, or have one of my clients bring one down.
    I bought the unit, an extra controller and Madden 25 and after tax, the total was $666.47. That being said, I would suggest having a client bring you one

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

my nephew has both new consoles and I was checking them out on the weekend. Ryse for the XBox looks incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I was going to get one, but just found out it's not backward compatible. That is a stumbling block for me. I'll wait until they've been out for a year or so and get one then. Guess the PS4 isn't either.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    my nephew has both new consoles and I was checking them out on the weekend. Ryse for the XBox looks incredible.
    I suck at games like that, so I got Madden. But I did see the demo for Ryse. Looked really good

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I was going to get one, but just found out it's not backward compatible. That is a stumbling block for me. I'll wait until they've been out for a year or so and get one then. Guess the PS4 isn't either.
    the PS4 will be though, Sony has stated it many times... we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information