Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XBox One

Adopted Bronco:

Im a dumbass...what is backward compatible?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Im a dumbass...what is backward compatible?
    360 games won't play on the Xbox One.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    the PS4 will be though, Sony has stated it many times... we'll see
    Doesn't appear so -

It has been officially confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will not support PlayStation 3 games natively. This means that any retail (i.e. disc-based) or digitally downloaded games from the Playstation Network will not be playable on the new console due to the x86 architecture.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation..._Compatibility

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    360 games won't play on the Xbox One.
    That's what I thought it meant...but I didnt want to assume.

That was one of the negatives to buying the Xbox One, but all the other features made it worth it. That and we already have two 360's in the house, so if they want to play older games, there is always an option.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I thought that would bother me too, Joe, especially since I never sell old games. I have like 70 or so for the 360 that I have bought over the years. Then I think to myself, if I but this new console, I'm going to want to play the new games that are made for the XboxOne and I probably won't stick and old game back in the new console.

Is their a particular game that you like that you will still want to play?

8. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

That was one of the negatives to buying the Xbox One, but all the other features made it worth it. That and we already have two 360's in the house, so if they want to play older games, there is always an option.
    Good point! It's not like I'm going to throw the 360 in the trash.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I guess there is somewhat of a work-around for it. You hook up a 360 to the TV/Video In jack and you can play your games that way.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I thought that would bother me too, Joe, especially since I never sell old games. I have like 70 or so for the 360 that I have bought over the years. Then I think to myself, if I but this new console, I'm going to want to play the new games that are made for the XboxOne and I probably won't stick and old game back in the new console.

Is their a particular game that you like that you will still want to play?
    Not especially - my son and I love the Left 4 Dead series. If they come out with a third version, I'll HAVE to get the One. We also play a lot of Minecraft and I'm not sure if already purchased games like that (digital download) will have to be paid for again.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Doesn't appear so -
    I have not looked at these things at all and know nothing about them but from that quote it leads me to believe that the PS3 was 32 bit and the PS4 is 64. That's not really a legit reason, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

I guess there is somewhat of a work-around for it. You hook up a 360 to the TV/Video In jack and you can play your games that way.
    True. But I imagine, like Slick said, that the boys will prefer the new games on the new console anyway. I'm personally not good at anything but sports games, so I usually end up buying the latest ones as they come out. I probably have every Madden, Tiger Woods, FIFA, MLB and NCAA for anything from Xbox to PS2 dating back ten years or so...and I havent touched any of them once the new one comes out.

They play the hell out of Madden, so I got that and their grandma is getting them COD. That should tide them over until the selection broadens

Not especially - my son and I love the Left 4 Dead series. If they come out with a third version, I'll HAVE to get the One. We also play a lot of Minecraft and I'm not sure if already purchased games like that (digital download) will have to be paid for again.
    I would hope that if you bought games like that digitally, I bought one of the Assasin's Creed games like that, they transfer over because they are linked to your gamertag. You might have to download minecraft again because it won't be on the memory of the new console, but I don't think you will have to pay for it again. I had to do that when I upgraded the memory on my 360 from the standard 20 gig to the 250 gig. I had to recover my gamertag and download a few Xbox arcade games that I had...Galaga, Ms Pacman, and then that Asassins Creed game.

Edit: I didn't get charged to re download those.

True. But I imagine, like Slick said, that the boys will prefer the new games on the new console anyway. I'm personally not good at anything but sports games, so I usually end up buying the latest ones as they come out. I probably have every Madden, Tiger Woods, FIFA, MLB and NCAA for anything from Xbox to PS2 dating back ten years or so...and I havent touched any of them once the new one comes out.

They play the hell out of Madden, so I got that and their grandma is getting them COD. That should tide them over until the selection broadens
    dunno if they like the racing games but Forza is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    dunno if they like the racing games but Forza is unbelievable.
    They can spend their Xmas money and anything they earn on it. I already droppped close to $700 on this thing. Thanks for the tip, though

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I would hope that if you bought games like that digitally, I bought one of the Assasin's Creed games like that, they transfer over because they are linked to your gamertag. You might have to download minecraft again because it won't be on the memory of the new console, but I don't think you will have to pay for it again. I had to do that when I upgraded the memory on my 360 from the standard 20 gig to the 250 gig. I had to recover my gamertag and download a few Xbox arcade games that I had...Galaga, Ms Pacman, and then that Asassins Creed game.

Edit: I didn't get charged to re download those.
    That's my hope - it'll be available as a free download (not that it's an expensive game - it's the point). Either way, I'm probably going to wait until there is more selection available. The system looks awesome though.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Wait til you carry it out of the store. Damn thing is a cinderblock

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information