Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CP3, Dwight Howard teammates?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I gotcha. I think the answer to the big three formula is building a team like Detroit had. But finding guys who can play great defense and get 20 points a pop is hard. Finding defenders like Wallace is also really hard.
    Memphis and Indiana are built that way and they made good runs this year, but it's just so hard to win a championship that way. People always look at what Detroit did, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Think of this for a second. Other than that Pistons team, every single title winner since 1991 has had either Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kobe/Shaq, Duncan/Robinson/Ginobili/Parker, Dirk Nowitzki, Pierce/KG or Wade/LeBron on the team. You just have to have top-level superstars to win in the NBA.
    I agree. My problem is teams that go out and buy 2 or 3 of them. To me it says the organization is capable of buying titles an incapable of developing and winning them. In reality, the championship belongs to the players separately and not the organization. Why should a team get credit for a title for doing not much more than signing checks. Besides...do you think James, Wade and Bosh care what name is on the front of their jerseys? I highly doubt it

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I agree. My problem is teams that go out and buy 2 or 3 of them. To me it says the organization is capable of buying titles an incapable of developing and winning them. In reality, the championship belongs to the players separately and not the organization. Why should a team get credit for a title for doing not much more than signing checks. Besides...do you think James, Wade and Bosh care what name is on the front of their jerseys? I highly doubt it
    ??? What?

I mean, I "kinda" get what you are saying, but that is pretty much a "dead" perspective in professional sports. I don't blame ANY team for signing the best FA's they can possibly afford to make their team better. That is what it is all about. Winning championships. No one looks back and says "yeah, but..." Your team name is on that Winning banner, and that is alllllllllll that matters.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Clippers eye Celtics trio

The Los Angeles Clippers and the Boston Celtics have formally opened serious discussions on multiple transactions that could potentially add up to a seismic trade arrangement that ultimately lands Celtics stars Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce and coach Doc Rivers in L.A., according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers are concurrently weighing the prospect of offering star forward Blake Griffin in tandem with prized young guard Eric Bledsoe to the Los Angeles Lakers in a sign-and-trade pitch to land Dwight Howard after July 1.

The initial talks with Boston, sources said Saturday, are focused on the Clippers satisfying Boston's compensation demands to let Rivers out of his lucrative contract and corresponding trade proposals aimed at bringing Garnett to town with Rivers.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...ording-sources

Well - guess this is one way for Howard/CP3 to end up on same team

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That would be a blockbuster.

Lakers get:
    Blake Griffin from Clippers
    Eric Bledsoe from Clippers

Clippers get:
    Doc Rivers from Celtics
    Kevin Garnett from Celtics

Celtics get:
    Chris Paul from Clippers
    Dwight Howard from Lakers
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I do not want Howard on my Celtics. Paul would be intriguing, but then we'd trade one of my favorite players, Rondo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Sources: Clips resist trading Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I do not want Howard on my Celtics. Paul would be intriguing, but then we'd trade one of my favorite players, Rondo.
    Nothing in the article I posted indicated either Howard or Paul would go to the Celtics, and nothing in the article mentioned trading Rondo.

new article, with details:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...n-celtics-deal

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Nothing in the article I posted indicated either Howard or Paul would go to the Celtics, and nothing in the article mentioned trading Rondo.

new article, with details:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...n-celtics-deal
    That's my bad. I read that as the Celtics would get Howard.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Clippers-Celtics dealings over Doc reveal a coaching industry in chaos

SAN ANTONIO -- As if the coaching carousel wasn't spinning out of control already, the NBA Finals were consumed on Saturday by news of a possible trade.

The possible trade of a coach.

Seriously, the tail is now wagging the dog. The government is spying on us, sales of George Orwell's "1984" are skyrocketing and basketball coaches are getting traded.
    rest - http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...ustry-in-chaos

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That would be a blockbuster.

Lakers get:
    Blake Griffin from Clippers
    Eric Bledsoe from Clippers

Clippers get:
    Doc Rivers from Celtics
    Kevin Garnett from Celtics

Celtics get:
    Chris Paul from Clippers
    Dwight Howard from Lakers
    The Lakers would be the HUGE losers in that deal. I think Griffin is one of the most overrated players in the league. I think it would be a wash or even a downgrade from Howard. Gordon would be the key. He's a good player when he's interested and healthy, but both of those things have been rare for him the past few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    The Lakers would be the HUGE losers in that deal. I think Griffin is one of the most overrated players in the league. I think it would be a wash or even a downgrade from Howard. Gordon would be the key. He's a good player when he's interested and healthy, but both of those things have been rare for him the past few years.
    They would. But I read the article wrong.

The way I re-read it, the Celtics would be the clear loser.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They would. But I read the article wrong.

The way I re-read it, the Celtics would be the clear loser.
    Well it seems like the Celtics are content to rebuild now. Unless they can attract two star players to put with Rondo, I think rebuilding is the right move for them. They got all they could ask for out of Pierce and KG.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    ??? What?

I mean, I "kinda" get what you are saying, but that is pretty much a "dead" perspective in professional sports. I don't blame ANY team for signing the best FA's they can possibly afford to make their team better. That is what it is all about. Winning championships. No one looks back and says "yeah, but..." Your team name is on that Winning banner, and that is alllllllllll that matters.
    I think my issue is more in line with the collusion that takes place to make it happen

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Celtics, Clippers resume push to get Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers deal done

The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers are discussing possible compromises to including guard Eric Bledsoe into the Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers deal with hopes of completing an agreement on Monday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Discussions over a blockbuster deal reached an impasse on Saturday when Boston general manager Danny Ainge held firm that Bledsoe had to be a part of package that included DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick, but sources say that Boston has shown a willingness to find another asset to supplant Bledsoe and complete the complicated deal, sources said.
    rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ce...160920220.html

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Sources: Clips-Celtics talks back on

Discussions between the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics on a deal that would send Kevin Garnett and coach Doc Rivers to Los Angeles resumed Wednesday, just one day after they were declared "off" by both sides, sources told ESPN.

One source close to the talks expressed optimism that a deal could be done as soon as Wednesday night, with the Clippers swapping DeAndre Jordan for Garnett and Boston receiving two first-round draft picks as compensation for Rivers.

Rivers and Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge met Wednesday evening with the hopes of settling the coach's future with the club, sources told ESPN. No resolution was reached, but Rivers has told associates that he expects to have an answer soon, possibly as soon as Thursday morning.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...-ainge-meeting

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

I just wish Doc would stay. I know that he wants to be on a winning team, but that dude is probably my favorite coach in sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information