Thread: Rooting an Android

Default Rooting an Android

Does anyone do this to their Androids? Is it worth it? Is it irritating?

I looked it up and I think I can connect my Sony Xperia TL to my PS3 controller, but only if it is rooted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Not worth it, IMO. Some may say different things, but unless you know what you're doing, it becomes a pain and you don't get updates from the operating system.

Pretty much like when I would Jailbreak my iPhone. It was a nuisance to have to do it. And I had to re-jailbreak it after an update.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Unless your phone is super old it's not worth it. If you want to, just Google how to root your particular phone as each model has differences.

What is so special about rooting? Why does it make it better or cooler or whatever?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I got a thunderbolt 2 years ago. The firmware was horrible, so I ended up rooting and the difference was the firmware developed by developers simply just better. My phone didn't crash anymore my battery last longer and an added bonus was that I could tether when they weren't allowing it at that time.

Now I have a droid DNA it is much harder to root. The firmware is much better. very few bugs. My only complaint is my tethering app for Verizon is in my opinion purposely slowed down. The firmware purposely blocks all tethering apps, but I get around this by tethering through bluetooth.

In my opinion the benefits of rooting do not outweigh the negatives of the current operating system.... on my phone at least.

Oh btw, I bricked my thunderbolt this past December, so another good reason not to root, haha!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would be careful about rooting. If you do, definitely don't ever factory reset it. My girlfriend bought a used phone which was rooted and factory resetting bricked it. It was a huge pain to reverse.

I have an android and I have really never felt the need to root it. There isn't really much it doesn't do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I would be careful about rooting. If you do, definitely don't ever factory reset it. My girlfriend bought a used phone which was rooted and factory resetting bricked it. It was a huge pain to reverse.

I have an android and I have really never felt the need to root it. There isn't really much it doesn't do anyway.
    I factory resetted my Thunderbolt often, not resetting your phone and can be very bad when flashing a new Rom. If you were able to reverse it, it truly was not bricked.
    Routing is really best for the aspiring computer geek and there always will be risks involved when rooting.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information