Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 4

Check out this video if you have a few minutes... if you want to skip, move to the 5 minute mark. It shows what the software sees now when you move in front of the camera. They have joint orientation, whether its moving, twisting, or turning. They have MUSCLE understanding. So that when you move, it will show you what muscles are being used the most by color recognition strain. So if you put your weight onto one leg, it actually recognizes that your leg holding your weight is straiing and being used more than others. The depth recognition is amazing.

It will actually be able to read your heart rate in real-time without wearing monitors. It can tell if you are 'engaged' with the kinetic by the way your head and eyes are turned. It can read your facial expressions, and tell if you are happy or sad. It will automatically recognize your face, to log you in, aas well as anyone else that you have signed in to your system before.

http://gizmodo.com/kinect-2-full-vid...like-509155673
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    So you're saying that Microsoft didn't actually file a patent to do this, as illustrated in this link:

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...DN/20120278904
    Well obviously not. I'm was talking about the article that I read where someone wrote in speculation as to what was going to happen. I admit that I didn't know about this patent. THanks for the info, though.

Doesn't change my mind, however. As I don't see how that would be possible at this time with all the other options available to watch movies...be it TV, netfliz, rentals, owning, or whatevers. I guess is Microsoft has an exclusive movie that they are produced and put it through the xbox only.

Plus, if you see the video above, you can see that the kinetic camera can't see an entire room . It has limitations as well.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 06-11-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Where did I claim anything? I shared a video of a random guy's analysis. I said the PS4 will be awesome, which I think it will be. I never said anything about anything blowing out anything.

I don't want to keep connecting my console to the internet everyday.

and I don't want to wipe my ass every time I take a shit. great point.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm strictly a sports gamer, and play mostly four titles, Madden, NCAA, Tiger Woods and MLB2K.

Right now, I'm worried about the future of MLB's rights. If they give exclusive rights to The Show, and 2K bows out of the baseball gaming, I may switch. I don't want to at all, I've been an XBox guy since the minute I played one (had a PS1 at one point), but if one of the four titles I like to play isn't available...
    Interesting. Those are the 4 games in my regular rotation as well. Not an extreme fan of Madden, but my kids like it and I can school them on it. I'm also not a fan of The Show, so I hope 2K keeps going. But I think the writing is on the wall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I have recently upgraded my computer, and have a MAJOR gaming machine. Games ARE better on computers, and I plan on buying more of the games for the PC rather than platforms. But the platforms are going to be a part of our every day life as much as cell phones and TVs are, today. They will be our entire entertainment center, whether that's getting your TV subscriptions through, streaming movies, gaming, DVDs, or music. They will be our link to the social networks, and will eventually be where we make face-to-face phone calls, control the lighting and security systems of our house, and order groceries.

PLUS... Illumiroom for the Xbox system looks to be a reason to be an XBOX fan :

Yep, and it's easier than ever to play PC games like a console. Just output to a TV and use a controller.
    In Elway We Trust

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Call of Duty, MLB the show, Madden and FIFA are the only four in my rotation. The Show absolutely crushes the 2k series in terms of graphics and gameplay and remains maybe the only real tangible competitive advantage Playstation has over Xbox from a gameplay standpoint.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Interesting stuff, with Xbox one having you get your games online , if you have a gold membership by July, your allowed to download 2 free games every month for The Xbox one. That should be nice.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I don't give a damn about any of the kinect/online/digital gaming crap that XBOX is making mandatory.

The response at E3 when PS4 announced that they were continuing physical game disks and not requiring online check ins was enough to tell Microsoft that they f'd up.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I don't give a damn about any of the kinect/online/digital gaming crap that XBOX is making mandatory.

The response at E3 when PS4 announced that they were continuing physical game disks and not requiring online check ins was enough to tell Microsoft that they f'd up.
    Are you sure? possibly.

I noticed that PC games are going more and more and more to the digital downloads in order to own. I'm betting, without question, that this is the future for the console games as well. It makes jut too much sense. No having to worry about production or distribution, no worrying about pirating, no worries about OVER production.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Call of Duty, MLB the show, Madden and FIFA are the only four in my rotation. The Show absolutely crushes the 2k series in terms of graphics and gameplay and remains maybe the only real tangible competitive advantage Playstation has over Xbox from a gameplay standpoint.
    MLB the Show is my favorite game ever. I liked 2010 version the best until this latest one which is amazing.

Best sports game ever. Working through two+ years of minor leagues to finally get your player to the majors is as much fun as I've ever had playing a game.

I was hopelessly addicted to COD: BO2 over the winter but had to get rid of it for my own good. That game will wreck your life if you're not careful. It's like heroin, after a while you don't really even like it anymore but you can't stop doing it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    and I don't want to wipe my ass every time I take a shit. great point.
    You need to wash your hands better. It's getting on the keyboard and transferring into your posts, making them shitty.

17. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Xbox fanboys will continue to get the Xbox One. That's a given. What the normal person sees as a negative will have an "I don't mind.." with it by the fanboy. I still think it's a negative and I still think it will hurt Xbox when it comes to a gamer that's on the fence about one or the other. If this was an election, PS just stole the independent vote.

Does anyone know if the Xbox controller will finally come with a battery in them or will you either have to keep buying AA batteries or go buy a rechargeable battery pack?

Oh.. after hearing your quote, I thought the reaction was much bigger than this. I mean, its a reaction, but huge. I do know that xbox has already said that their Xbox1 will work offline, and won't require youto be online to play. I think that came out after the CEO made some controversial "arguements" over twitter about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Xbox fanboys will continue to get the Xbox One. That's a given. What the normal person sees as a negative will have an "I don't mind.." with it by the fanboy. I still think it's a negative and I still think it will hurt Xbox when it comes to a gamer that's on the fence about one or the other. If this was an election, PS just stole the independent vote.

Does anyone know if the Xbox controller will finally come with a battery in them or will you either have to keep buying AA batteries or go buy a rechargeable battery pack?
    I'm sure the batteries you keep supplied for your vibrators will do just fine with the controller.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information