Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 4

I'm going with the Xbox One. Have always liked the Xbox over the PS and don't see anyting about the PS4 that makes me want to switch.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I'll have to do some research but i am definately an xbox fanboi. Maybe i'll get both.

Sad part is no one is talking about Nintendo, their days are numbered unfortunately

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I like all video game systems, not a fanboy of any (though my all time favorite is still the SNES) but I don't understand the move by Microsoft on this one. I know its hard to recoup the costs of a new system which is why they try and drag their life cycle out to nearly a decade, but they really shot themselves in the foot with the used game thing. Even the best games on the XBox got real old real quick and not everyone can afford to plop down $60 for something that they truly do not own. Their was not a big pirating problem with Xbox (the emulators can't even crack them properly). I would be more behind this if the software dropped in price, and legacy titles like Madden would be available for a $10 upgrade fee every new season instead of having to buy a whole new game with a few minor gameplay and roster tweaks. I think I'm bowing out of this console generation until I see how it shakes out, plus the developers always take a few years at least to truly tackle the processing power and playability of the games.

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfannum24 View Post
    Sad part is no one is talking about Nintendo, their days are numbered unfortunately
    Nintendo? they still make those?

The Wii just NEVER came out with games that made people want to play very often. Sure golf was alright, but most of the games were Sooooo kiddish. Now that the xbox has the Kinetic, and PS has their dildo shaped controller thing, the Wii doesn't really offer anything "different."
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I like all video game systems, not a fanboy of any (though my all time favorite is still the SNES) but I don't understand the move by Microsoft on this one. I know its hard to recoup the costs of a new system which is why they try and drag their life cycle out to nearly a decade, but they really shot themselves in the foot with the used game thing. Even the best games on the XBox got real old real quick and not everyone can afford to plop down $60 for something that they truly do not own. Their was not a big pirating problem with Xbox (the emulators can't even crack them properly). I would be more behind this if the software dropped in price, and legacy titles like Madden would be available for a $10 upgrade fee every new season instead of having to buy a whole new game with a few minor gameplay and roster tweaks. I think I'm bowing out of this console generation until I see how it shakes out, plus the developers always take a few years at least to truly tackle the processing power and playability of the games.
    You need to talk with the game manufactures about the upgrade costs on rosters, that isn't part of Microsoft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Intellivision, NES, SNES, Playstation, PS2, Gamecube, XBOX 360... those are the systems I have owned (not counting handhelds). Right now I am happy playing games on my Mac/PC until this new console generation gets its act together. I keep thinking of the early days of PS2 and Xbox 360 and there were only a handful of titles the first few years that I really enjoyed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfannum24 View Post
    I have a Wii U. Bought it just for the exclusives. I'm not even sure I'm interested in PS4 or XB1 since most of the games will be multiplatform that I can play on my computer.
    In Elway We Trust

10. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    I have a Wii U. Bought it just for the exclusives. I'm not even sure I'm interested in PS4 or XB1 since most of the games will be multiplatform that I can play on my computer.
    Thats the thing I miss is the console rivalry. I remember the Genesis blowing Nintendo out of the water on Mortal Kombat sales because even though it was on both consoles the Genesis version had blood. The whole Mario vs Sonic thing seems so trite now... I think they even have Sonic games on the Nintendo! Outside of Gears of War, God of War, and Halo, I can't think of many console exclusives that would sway me either way right now. I am looking forward to seeing how the PS4 and XBOX One look though!

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Thats the thing I miss is the console rivalry. I remember the Genesis blowing Nintendo out of the water on Mortal Kombat sales because even though it was on both consoles the Genesis version had blood. The whole Mario vs Sonic thing seems so trite now... I think they even have Sonic games on the Nintendo! Outside of Gears of War, God of War, and Halo, I can't think of many console exclusives that would sway me either way right now. I am looking forward to seeing how the PS4 and XBOX One look though!
    Ironically the newest Sonic game, which looks better than the previous 3D ones, is only on Nintendo.

In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I'm going with the Xbox One. Have always liked the Xbox over the PS and don't see anyting about the PS4 that makes me want to switch.
    I'm strictly a sports gamer, and play mostly four titles, Madden, NCAA, Tiger Woods and MLB2K.

Right now, I'm worried about the future of MLB's rights. If they give exclusive rights to The Show, and 2K bows out of the baseball gaming, I may switch. I don't want to at all, I've been an XBox guy since the minute I played one (had a PS1 at one point), but if one of the four titles I like to play isn't available...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Nintendo? they still make those?

The Wii just NEVER came out with games that made people want to play very often. Sure golf was alright, but most of the games were Sooooo kiddish. Now that the xbox has the Kinetic, and PS has their dildo shaped controller thing, the Wii doesn't really offer anything "different."
    Don't know. I love being able to hand my kid the Wii U gamepad and throw on netflix when we are watching something adult on the TV. Or being able to play a full console game on the Wii U pad. Still waiting for better game though. Finally...

PS4 Forever, XBox One Never. Don't like the fact that I cannot dissconect the Kinect from the console and the thought that Movies and things viewed with the XBox can be charged to you on a per viewer rate.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

I have recently upgraded my computer, and have a MAJOR gaming machine. Games ARE better on computers, and I plan on buying more of the games for the PC rather than platforms. But the platforms are going to be a part of our every day life as much as cell phones and TVs are, today. They will be our entire entertainment center, whether that's getting your TV subscriptions through, streaming movies, gaming, DVDs, or music. They will be our link to the social networks, and will eventually be where we make face-to-face phone calls, control the lighting and security systems of our house, and order groceries.

PLUS... Illumiroom for the Xbox system looks to be a reason to be an XBOX fan :

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    PS4 Forever, XBox One Never. Don't like the fact that I cannot dissconect the Kinect from the console and the thought that Movies and things viewed with the XBox can be charged to you on a per viewer rate.
    That was just a conjectured guess and rumor and has has no facts behind that rumor. That was just a writer saying what COULD happen considering the ability of the kinect to be so precise in counting people. But I just don't see that happening at all, since there are DVD players everywhere that can play the movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

So you're saying that Microsoft didn't actually file a patent to do this, as illustrated in this link:

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...DN/20120278904

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information