Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow to sign with Pats

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Anyone here honestly think he's still going to be a QB? There is not competition between Tebow and Mallett. Ever.
    Yes, because pro teams only ever carry two quarterbacks. BTW, they announced when they signed him today that it is as a QB.

I think NE wants him as a mut.

Official position 3rd QB, but real position...wherever NE needs him in whatever situation.

The Tebow circus however...I feel sorry for Mallet...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I actually think it will be way less of a media circus with the Pats. Bellichick will likely close him off from the media and there will be no drama for the starting QB spot. It will be a big deal at first, but once we get into the season I doubt we will really hear much about him.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Lot of crow to be eaten for those who said he'd never be in the NFL again.

And this is another example of why you can't believe any rumors about this kind of stuff. Remember the article that came out saying that Bellichick wanted no part of Tebow on his team? No doubt he leaked that to lower his value around the league.
    I agree with most of what you wrote BTB but how low did Belicheat need Tebow's value to go? It was as low as it could go. J'ville didn't even want anything to do with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think NE wants him as a mut.

Official position 3rd QB, but real position...wherever NE needs him in whatever situation.

The Tebow circus however...I feel sorry for Mallet...
    Well said. I think you could be right! Everytime we turn around Gronk has had another surgery. Who can come half way close to doing what Gronk does? Tebow.

Personally I am happy for the guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    I agree with most of what you wrote BTB but how low did Belicheat need Tebow's value to go? It was as low as it could go. J'ville didn't even want anything to do with him!
    If a report comes out that not even Bill Bellicheck wants any part of him, it could make a team that was on the fence think otherwise. Now it probably had no real effect on his value, but I would still say it's a savvy move by Bill.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    There were some trade rumors about Mallet. I'm not sure if their in love with the guy. I think Tebow has a shot to play QB there in some capacity.
    I would take Mallet. Give em Osweiler if you have to.

Well, with his issues in college, I'm not sure if you want that trade. It's the Patriots, trading with them is a poor decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I wouldn't. If NE really is trying to ship him off, there is probably a reason for it. Osweiler already has a year under his belt in our system, and there is nothing to say that Mallet is better.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I always hated that ******, never been a fan.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I wonder if Zam thinks Tim is enough competition for Brady?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I wonder if Zam thinks Tim is enough competition for Brady?
    Then he'll act like Mallet isn't there. One day he might realize that most second QB's aren't there for competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I hope they're not bringing him in as a QB. I always thought he's best as a hybrid halfback, similar to Dallas Clark but perhaps a pitch out of the backfield once in a while.

But overall, I love it!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I hope they're not bringing him in as a QB. I always thought he's best as a hybrid halfback, similar to Dallas Clark but perhaps a pitch out of the backfield once in a while.

But overall, I love it!
    I'm betting they'll use him in whatever way they think he'll best be used. The Jets are very very stupid. The Patriots are very very smart and have changed their schemes to make the best use of their personnel for a decade. I don't know if that's as a passer or as something else or both or neither, but I'm pretty sure that unlike the Jets, they actually have a plan on how they're going to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by zbeg View Post
    I'm betting they'll use him in whatever way they think he'll best be used. The Jets are very very stupid. The Patriots are very very smart and have changed their schemes to make the best use of their personnel for a decade. I don't know if that's as a passer or as something else or both or neither, but I'm pretty sure that unlike the Jets, they actually have a plan on how they're going to use him.
    They have absolutely nothing to lose signing him now. I think teams can have nearly 90 players signed on their roster this time of year.

I will actually be surprised if he makes the 53 man roster b/c I'm not sure there's a role for him significant enough for a roster spot. But if he does make the roster it means they have figured out a role and Tebow is such a tremendous athlete he could have some impact.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information