Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Quanterus Smith returns to Broncos less than 6 1/2 months from ACL surgery

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It concerns me. We have a long history of getting excited in Bronco nation about journeymen DT's.
    Which surprises me since we've all seen how below average Vickerson is and have proof to show Knighton is a spare

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    That doesnt scare you? Knighton lost his job to CJ mosely, Vickerson had one of the worst DT ratings in 2012 and Williams is a rookie that excels at pass rushing. I dont expect we'll see too much run this season, but when we do, I'll be holding my breath
    Knighton seemed to get put in the doghouse after Del Rio left. Regardless, he had good production before that and is reunited with him now, so I'm hoping he'll be back to form. Not sure where the rating for Vickerson came from but if it's from ProFootballFocus it's not worth the paper it's printed on.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Knighton seemed to get put in the doghouse after Del Rio left. Regardless, he had good production before that and is reunited with him now, so I'm hoping he'll be back to form. Not sure where the rating for Vickerson came from but if it's from ProFootballFocus it's not worth the paper it's printed on.
    I dont recall where I was reading the rating, but I dont believe it was PFF. Regardless, I find it difficult to believe we can watch Vick in games WITHOUT the orange glasses on and say he is anything more than average.

As far as Knighton goes...any mild success he had in the Del Rio days came as a predominantly with his ability to get an inside pass rush.

I dont recall where I was reading the rating, but I dont believe it was PFF. Regardless, I find it difficult to believe we can watch Vick in games WITHOUT the orange glasses on and say he is anything more than average.

As far as Knighton goes...any mild success he had in the Del Rio days came as a predominantly with his ability to get an inside pass rush.
    To be fair, Vickerson is pretty much the textbook definition of average. That's ok though, because we only need him to clog shit up on obvious running downs. Other than that, he won't be on the field at all. Knighton, however, is a very good DT who offers good pass rush even in a two gap scheme.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i cant find any tape on this guy

nvm found!
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-07-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That doesnt scare you? Knighton lost his job to CJ mosely, Vickerson had one of the worst DT ratings in 2012 and Williams is a rookie that excels at pass rushing. I dont expect we'll see too much run this season, but when we do, I'll be holding my breath
    I know you were talking to MO but nevertheless my answer is no I'm not scared. Vickerson wasn't all world but I Del Rio got from what he needed from him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information