Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quanterus Smith returns to Broncos less than 6 1/2 months from ACL surgery

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Would be an absolute steal if he was a top-flight pass rusher.
    Yea, that was my feeling after he was drafted. If he returns from the injury quickly, and nearly as fast/effective as before the torn ACL, he has the potential to be a great draft pick and make a huge impact.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If Quanterus turns out at good as Elway and Fox think he will, he and Miller potentially could be a better pairing than Miller and Dumervil.
    I think we'll have a deadly pass rush this year. Ayers really turned it up some last year, Malik Jackson is incredibly talented and Smith was a big time steal. I see us having a very Giants-esque defense where we can run a multitude of sub packages based on the situation and keep our players fresh.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I'm excited about this kid I just hope he doesn't rush things and get hurt again. Even with Doom gone i feel good about RDE with Phillips, Ayers and Beal. Beal could end up surprising everybody in the end. He was looking VERY good before getting hurt last preseason.

5. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    I'm excited about this kid I just hope he doesn't rush things and get hurt again. Even with Doom gone i feel good about RDE with Phillips, Ayers and Beal. Beal could end up surprising everybody in the end. He was looking VERY good before getting hurt last preseason.
    I'm guessing their putting Q. Smith at RDE.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 06-07-2013 at 10:55 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I'm guessing their putting Q. Smith at RDE.
    I imagine we'll probably run with Ayers and Wolfe at RDE and LDE, respectively, in our base package. When we go to our sub packages I imagine one or both will move inside with Von coming down onto the line and Jackson/Smith taking the other end spot.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

Adopted Bronco:

It'll be interesting to see how the hell we habdle the run. Still waiting to add a run stuffer

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how the hell we habdle the run. Still waiting to add a run stuffer
    Ayers is a very good run defender, spending most of his time as a SOLB in the 3-4 and LDE in the 4-3. Wolfe is also an equally talented run defender. We have plenty of run stuffers at DT with Vickerson, Knighton and Williams.

--Vince Lombardi

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Isn't that supposed to be Knighton and Williams?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Pork Chop is pretty good vs the run.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Pork Chop is pretty good vs the run.
    Who is Pork Chop??? If you are talking about Knighton his nickname is "Pot Roast".

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Who is Pork Chop??? If you are talking about Knighton his nickname is "Pot Roast".
    I prefer "Pot Roast", I stopped eating Pork Chops when I saw a pet Pig lying on someones couch with a baby sleeping, using the pig as a pillow. Besides, I like anything with Roasted Pot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Only real players we've lost in the front 7 are Doom, Brooking, and Bannan. No one could call Doom a run stopper, Brooking was on the field less than 50% of the plays, and Bannan is the only one I'd miss in regards to run stopping.

SHORYUKEN!

16. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    Only real players we've lost in the front 7 are Doom, Brooking, and Bannan. No one could call Doom a run stopper, Brooking was on the field less than 50% of the plays, and Bannan is the only one I'd miss in regards to run stopping.
    From what I've seen of Q. Smith on film he seems to do ok against the run.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Isn't that supposed to be Knighton and Williams?
    That doesnt scare you? Knighton lost his job to CJ mosely, Vickerson had one of the worst DT ratings in 2012 and Williams is a rookie that excels at pass rushing. I dont expect we'll see too much run this season, but when we do, I'll be holding my breath

19. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

That doesnt scare you? Knighton lost his job to CJ mosely, Vickerson had one of the worst DT ratings in 2012 and Williams is a rookie that excels at pass rushing. I dont expect we'll see too much run this season, but when we do, I'll be holding my breath

It concerns me. We have a long history of getting excited in Bronco nation about journeymen DT's.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information