Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 College Football Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Default 2009-2010 College Football Thread

Seeing Boss isn't around to start this season's thread, I guess I will.

College football started off with fireworks as we saw in another thread between a Boise St player and Oregon player. I know I'll be following some top DL draft prospects at Ala and OU and maybe a few QB prospects. Meanwhile, I love college football and am excited for the season to start.

Games to watch for me:

ALA/VT - ALA

OU/BYU - OU

LSU/WASH _ LSU

GA/OSU - GA

MD/CAL - upset special - MD

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosBlitz View Post
    Seeing Boss isn't around to start this season's thread, I guess I will.

College football started off with fireworks as we saw in another thread between a Boise St player and Oregon player. I know I'll be following some top DL draft prospects at Ala and OU and maybe a few QB prospects. Meanwhile, I love college football and am excited for the season to start.

Games to watch for me:

ALA/VT - ALA

OU/BYU - OU

LSU/WASH _ LSU

GA/OSU - GA

MD/CAL - upset special - MD
    I'll be watching the same games, plus Colorado-Colorado State on Sunday.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

UVA baby!!! Woohoo!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I'll be watching the same games, plus Colorado-Colorado State on Sunday.
    :duh: Forgot about that game! Go Rams!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm really looking forward to Oklahoma State-Georgia. Go Pokes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

:duh: Forgot about that game! Go Rams!!
    My mother always gets pissed at me and my dad for rooting for Colorado, because she and my brother are CSU grads.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I'm really looking forward to Oklahoma State-Georgia. Go Pokes.
    I wonder how good the Dawgs are with Stafford and Moreno gone and supposedly OSU is improved. You're right should be a good game!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I wonder how good the Dawgs are with Stafford and Moreno gone and supposedly OSU is improved. You're right should be a good game!
    Who's going to start at QB for Georgia?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

My mother always gets pissed at me and my dad for rooting for Colorado, because she and my brother are CSU grads.
    Not really a fan of any of the two teams but Van Pelt made me a follower of the Rams!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

ChampWJ would know, but I looked it up and maybe Joe Cox??

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

According to Rivals, some dude named Joe Cox, who has waited patiently behind Stafford. The sophomore backup, Logan Gray, played in a 7-on-7 here in Cameron about three years ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I am going to be watching the "Head Referee" in the OU - BYU game tomorrow and will be watching the Buffs and the Rams Sunday - GO BUFFS

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm just glad real games that count are back again. I enjoyed the Boise St.-Oregon game. Don't expect any other upsets this weekend but we shall see.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

And the paranoia begins!!!!! Tradition is the handsake before and after the game, one incident and now schools get delusional.

MO, the more I think about it this may be the top game of the day(Dawgs vs Cowboys).

Oh and I forgot to mention GO Cougs(WAZZU) beat the Cards!!!!!

Oklahoma St. says no to handshake

Oklahoma State and Georgia will not be shaking hands at midfield prior to their game Saturday, in part because Cowboys coach Mike Gundy fears provoking an incident that can't be controlled.

Our first concern was [we'll] have 115 guys out there and they'll have 70, it just takes one guy to pop off. Then I don't know how you're going to break it up. How do you control something like that?

-- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy

"Our first concern was [we'll] have 115 guys out there and they'll have 70, it just takes one guy to pop off," Gundy said Monday at his weekly media luncheon. "Then I don't know how you're going to break it up. How do you control something like that?"

On Thursday, the school sent an e-mail saying it had decided against the handshake -- which is part of a sportsmanship initiative coming from the American Football Coaches Association -- "after much deliberation among our coaching staff."

The decision not to shake hands was thrust back into the spotlight in the aftermath of Thursday's Oregon-Boise State game, when Ducks running back LeGarrette Blount punched Boise State defensive end Bryan Hout in the face after Hout said something to Blount when the teams met at midfield after the Broncos' 19-8 win.

Blount was among the players who shook hands at midfield before the game.

"This case points out that we still need to have a commitment to sportsmanship and respect," Teaff told ESPN college football reporter Joe Schad. "It was sad as I watched, but the good news is nobody joined in. That would have been a brawl back in the day. This was one player who was frustrated and infuriated and lost control."

Teaff told Schad he understands some have and will criticize the initiative, which in part, suggested players from each team shake hands before this first weekend of games.

"I thought to myself, 'What would have happened if they hadn't shaken hands before the game?' " Teaff said. "This wasn't a fight. This wasn't a brawl. I was impressed by the coaches and players who showed restraint and self-control last night."

Teaff also addressed Gundy's decision not to have his team shake hands prior to the game.

"He believes that it would not be best for his team," Teaff said. "I hvae not spoken with him. But I've read what he said. He knows what's best for his program."

Information from ESPN college football reporter Joe Schad is included in this report.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Love me some Penn State football! We Are! PENN STATE!!! 7-0 already. We are playing Akron though...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information