Thread: Ipad 3 vs 4, web browsing.

Default Ipad 3 vs 4, web browsing.

My company plans to buy an refurbished Ipad that I can keep in the tech room for testing of our website, can any of you Ipad gurus tell me if the web browsing features on the Ipad 3 are lacking anything thing important that the Ipad 4 has?

We want to buy as modern as possible in order to stay somewhat current with it...but if no real differance as far as web goes than the less expensive 3 will be more attractive to us.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I don't think there's any difference in the browsers. The biggest difference is the connections. The iPad 4 uses crapple's new lightning connector while the 3 uses the old style apple connector. Screens are identical, both run iOS 6, battery life is identical. Apple claims double the processing power from 3 to 4 but in reality it's not nearly that much quicker.

If all you want is web browser and aren't concerned about heavy app, graphical design, or something else very processor intensive save the cash and stick with the three.

Don't lock yourself into Apple, maybe have a look at the Samsung note tablets, you might find them better for your needs, you might not.

3. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Thanks for the feedback

Only reason we really care about the Ipad at work at all is because our analytics show we are getting an increasingly large amount of traffic at our web store from safari users so we want to make sure our site is optimized for them, if we can use the Ipad 3 and expect when we optimize for Ipad using it that we are also covering those with the 4, that is probably the direction we will go.

5. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Thanks for the feedback

Only reason we really care about the Ipad at work at all is because our analytics show we are getting an increasingly large amount of traffic at our web store from safari users so we want to make sure our site is optimized for them, if we can use the Ipad 3 and expect when we optimize for Ipad using it that we are also covering those with the 4, that is probably the direction we will go.
    Got you. They'll look exactly the same regardless of which ipad it's on. The two have the same retina display.

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information