Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Superchop 7 is Quitting

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    What brought this on? Was there an argument in another thread or something?

It's all just so random.
    I'm not sure where the whole " media controls this place comes from" In that regard, I think Chop has flipped his lid. However, and I'm not trying to be a mod here, chop started some threads trying to spark some discussion, as weird as some of them were, and some of our posters just come in and shit all over them. Some posters here at BroncosmForums,are real douchebags and I think it pissed him off.

. I've seen several personal attacks on Chop, Zam and Joel lately. It's dissappointing to me. If I don't like a thread I just skip over it. Some posters litter them with insults.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Can't speak to that, but I do admire your use of "Ardent" - a great and much neglected word more common in previous Centuries. I try to work it in myself when I can
    Great. Now Merriam Webster is in on the kickbacks. Just lovely.

3. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'm not sure where the whole " media controls this place comes from" In that regard, I think Chop has flipped his lid. However, and I'm not trying to be a mod here, chop started some threads trying to spark some discussion, as weird as some of them were, and some of our posters just come in and shit all over them. Some posters here at BroncosmForums,are real douchebags and I think it pissed him off.

. I've seen several personal attacks on Chop, Zam and Joel lately. It's dissappointing to me. If I don't like a thread I just skip over it. Some posters litter them with insults.
    I would agree that there is more bad manners around than I would prefer, something I have never faulted you for. In fact a more agreeable and amiable person than yourself would be hard to find.

I have no solution to it. More rules? I wouldn't care for that. In the end Rules are a pretty poor substitute for good manners.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

Every thread that gets shit on gets shit on for a reason. Yeah, I'm probably one of the "douchebags" you're referring to, but there are just people here that ******* suck at message boards, continually spam, troll, and bait, and deserve any amount of shit they get.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    For real. A little backstory would help a lot. Unless, there is none, which makes this a very interesting development to observe.
    I mean, I didnt even see anyone calling him a mouthy little bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I mean, I didnt even see anyone calling him a mouthy little bitch
    He started a ton of stupid ass threads in a matter of hours. They were ******* henious and about nothing. People called him out on it, reported his posts (as I did), and action was taken by the mod team. That's the gist.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

I like shitting in stupid threads....but I've yet to ever report a post. By all means run your mouth and look like an idiot, hell I do, just don't go completely friggin AWOL when you get your balls busted. Media? Kickbacks? JFC man.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Sorry, had to run out of the office (Elway wanted me to pick up his dry cleaning), but now that I'm back, I'll just touch on a few points.

I can only assume that Chop's "kickback" comment is related to the "Buy Broncos Gear" link and ads for broncos gear on the home page. That is not a kickback or any other kind of payment directly from the Broncos. It is an affiliate program, run by an affiliate site that handles hundreds (or maybe thousands) of companies you can be an affiliate for such as lingerie or other clothing companies, books, tickets (sporting/concert or whatever), etc. This is akin to sites you go to that have little ads for books on the right or left sides of pages, that take you to Amazon to order them. Since this is a football site, the only ones I have done is Broncos shop, Sports Memorabilia (seems to have a good/safe rep) and fanatics sports shop. I've never had direct contact with the Broncos over the affiliate program, as it's run by a third party.

Our visitors don't buy much, because to date, I've gotten one check for less than $70, so the affiliate thing has basically been a bust. I put the ads and affiliate links on to try and defray some cost. Last year I was $1995 in the hole, AFTER ad revenue. I know this, because I run this site as a business, for both tax and liability reasons. As a result I wrote off that amount of loss, which means I got a small fraction of that ~$2k back in a tax refund, but still after the write off lost $1500 or so.

The cost is my choice, because I choose to keep upgrading the server to handle our highest loads plus a lot more. If we get a major signing liking Manning, or a surprise draft pick like Tebow, I want the server to handle anything thrown at it and on top of that be fast normally. Same with backups. I have a backup server. Pay for monthly Linux admin support, so if there is a problem, I'm not googling trying to find the answer, a backup VPS server as an emergency fall back if this server fails, plus to test software upgrades and stuff. I could run this more on a shoestring, but want it to be a good experience.

So, Broncos, if you're reading this, I might be interested in becoming one of your minions to get costs covered....

Beyond the affiliate thing, I have no clue where the media/Broncos control thing comes from. I highly doubt that guys like SR are secret accounts created by staff at Dove Valley to steer conversations, and the mod team sure as hell doesn't get any marching orders from Broncos brass or media conglomerates. That's "Bush blew up the towers for an excuse to go to war" crazy level conspiracy shit.

Every person on the mod team, along with myself, have been VERY critical of the Broncos at different points over the years. I was one of the most outspoken about McDaniels and the moves during that stretch. Others on the team have had issues with that period or other moves by the Broncos. I would love to see some actual examples where the mod team has censored people to steer conversations to the Broncos company line (whatever the hell that line is --- I'll ask my friend Mr. B when I have lunch with him on Saturday...)

Anyway, normally I take the approach that when people say crazy, delusional stuff, it's better to just ignore them, but since Chop has made multiple accusations over the course of the last 36 hours or so, I felt it best to respond to some degree, in case anyone else was starting to believe (or have concerns) about any of his delusional rants.

14. The Following 15 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

wtf now? man this place is getting shittier and shittier

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hey Chop, can you pick me up a Whahhhburger and some French Cries before you leave?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Im still really confused about all of this.

I guess for starters, I do not agree that the broncos have any care whatsoever we do or say here, but just assuming they did or do, so what? I have yet to see anyone get banned because they said pat bowlen face looks like a ball sack. Or that the broncos are stupid because they hired josh mcdaniels. I have yet to see them saying click on this broncos add or you will get banned.....or anything like that. Like I said, I dont buy that they care one shit about us but even if they did so what. What harm or interference have they given us or you?

Also, why are you getting all crazy on us? What spurred all of this? Wife left? Lost job? Became attracted to same sex? Drugs? Dream hacked your account? Nothing is really adding up here.....Broken neck?
    Not enough attention apparently.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Every thread that gets shit on gets shit on for a reason. Yeah, I'm probably one of the "douchebags" you're referring to, but there are just people here that ******* suck at message boards, continually spam, troll, and bait, and deserve any amount of shit they get.
    Yea, cant say im not guilty. But then again when you have the same couple of guys starting thread after thread (i dont care how bored you are) over some the dumbest shit than im just going to call it like i see it. If the mods ding me, they ding me. But since that hasnt happened i dont think there really is any love lost there. Fact is, you have but a couple of guys (i dont count Joel. He just seems like a sad clown and hates the Broncos for some reason these days) who act the way they do just to get attention than the onus is on them, not everyone else.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, cant say im not guilty. But then again when you have the same couple of guys starting thread after thread (i dont care how bored you are) over some the dumbest shit than im just going to call it like i see it. If the mods ding me, they ding me. But since that hasnt happened i dont think there really is any love lost there. Fact is, you have but a couple of guys (i dont count Joel. He just seems like a sad clown and hates the Broncos for some reason these days) who act the way they do just to get attention than the onus is on them, not everyone else.
    Ok, I'm starting to see a picture here. You're Joe Ellis and SR is Patrick Smyth, who are here only to steer conversations in line with the Broncos company line. We should ban your asses.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I like shitting in stupid threads....but I've yet to ever report a post. By all means run your mouth and look like an idiot, hell I do, just don't go completely friggin AWOL when you get your balls busted. Media? Kickbacks? JFC man.

Same. Just look at my drunken rampage threads I have made when I get shit faced and bored and have to sleep it off in my car, with my sleeping bag, hatchet, and severed heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not enough attention apparently.

I feel it is more than this northman. Chop was/is a good guy- he has now flipped or is pulling the greatest post april fools joke on everyone. Whats more remarkable is he remains unseen throughout this whole thing. No follow up posts. No arguments. No my bad i was hammered remarks. Usually, when they stay away or quiet there is more at work.

Has anyone checked his basement for little girls?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, I'm starting to see a picture here. You're Joe Ellis and SR is Patrick Smyth, who are here only to steer conversations in line with the Broncos company line. We should ban your asses.
    Don't ban me. I'll cut you in.

24. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information