Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Best Historically Accurate movies

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Deliverance is an accurate representation of southern culture.
    "Dueling Banjos" often plays in my head when I turn down a poorly maintained road in rural Oklahoma to inspect a home out in the boonies.

My mom let us rent that movie when I was like 12. . . I didn't really understand what the heck was going on. I was very confused.

2. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

wow... well.... There are certainly some remarkable inaccuracies posted in this thread
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Platoon is an accurate representation of colorado high schools and movie theaters.

Red Dawn was pretty accurate.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

7. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

I would say that Toy Story is accurate, but then, I think the director made up a lot of the story line to promote prejudice against certain toy types.

9. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    "Dueling Banjos" often plays in my head when I turn down a poorly maintained road in rural Oklahoma to inspect a home out in the boonies.

My mom let us rent that movie when I was like 12. . . I didn't really understand what the heck was going on. I was very confused.
    I try to stay away from Eastern Oklahoma (aka Arkansas-lite) out of fear for Deliverance-type situations. I had to stay in a hotel in Grove once. Terrifying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Since Henry V the play is widely counted as a very accurate account of the events at the start of the Hundred year war, the movie is as well.
    Braveheart is not historically accurate. Some of the major plot points are totally made up. It always killed me that they took the bridge out of the battle of Stirling bridge.

12. The Following User High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Debbie does Dallas....
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

So, I've watched Thirteen Days and Gettysburg (the 1993 movie that's over 3 hours). I really liked them both. I plan on watching A Bridge Too Far pretty soon. I've started watching Manhunt by HBO. It's a documentary about looking for Bin Laden. Supposedly, it tells some of the truth that Zero Dark Thirty left out or changed for entertainment reasons.

If you want a good show that represents the south, I'm not sure Deliverance is the best. I'd suggest Squidbillies.

16. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    I didn't know that.

I've been too Benning a couple of times to do demos (help and cook up some free food samples for companies) at the commissary there so i've only seen a little of it. I'd love to take of tour of that base, it looks huge and has a lot of history from what i'ver heard. I'm a war buff, though i don't know a lot of the facts, just fascinated with the history of it. There's a Revolutionary War Museum here that i could spend hours in. It also has a lot of other things from past wars like WWI, WWII, Korean, Etc... in it as well.

Sorry to get of course....
    Ft Benning itself is a giant old shithole of a post, but there is a LOT of history there. I didn't know anything about that We Were Soldiers stuff either until one of the old guys bringing me a maintenance stand asked me if I knew it, then he took me through all of it. Pretty neat stuff.

18. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Deliverance is an accurate representation of southern culture.
    There's a little town right outside of Waxahachie, TX that everyone in that area calls Deliverance. It's a sketchy looking little town.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I try to stay away from Eastern Oklahoma (aka Arkansas-lite) out of fear for Deliverance-type situations. I had to stay in a hotel in Grove once. Terrifying.
    I once drove on I-40 from Little Rock to Flagstaff. The part I hated was the whole part between Arkansas and New Mexico. The Texas Panhandle and Oklahoma are one in the same IMO.

21. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Ft Benning itself is a giant old shithole of a post, but there is a LOT of history there. I didn't know anything about that We Were Soldiers stuff either until one of the old guys bringing me a maintenance stand asked me if I knew it, then he took me through all of it. Pretty neat stuff.
    I did Basic and AIT at Fort Benning, then 5 months of Infantry Officer's Basic Course a few years later. I learned about fire ants and chiggers at Fort Benning, and they have this awful glutinous otherworldly red clay that won't wash out of anything.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I did Basic and AIT at Fort Benning, then 5 months of Infantry Officer's Basic Course a few years later. I learned about fire ants and chiggers at Fort Benning, and they have this awful glutinous otherworldly red clay that won't wash out of anything.
    I didn't get to experience any of that stuff. Thankfully. I did always end up doing more work than I wanted to when I'd go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    always makes me chuckle when I hear that people don't know about chiggers. I guess when you grow up with things like that, you just assume they are a national lil pain in the ass.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information