Thread: innernets question

Default innernets question

Okay. I pay for 6 megs of internet speed. I pick up close to that on my speed test, so it's pretty accurate. Why can't I multitask? Is it the router/modem? While I have netflix streaming on a device, I can't even load a web page on my computer. The router and modem are one device. It's also wireless. I've heard people say that these modems are pretty crappy. So, I was wondering if that would make sense if the modem were the issue. If so, I'll try to get a better modem. There aren't many options for internet service around here. So if it's the company's fault, I'm screwed. There's no one else to go to right now.

Sounds like we have the same set up as you. We've got a dsl modem/router combo that has 4 ethernet ports and wireless. We get around 5 mbps download and 1.5 mbps upload. We've both got tablets going and netflix streaming on the xbox plus my laptop ii think is downloading as well.

Maybe you need to do a hard reset on the device. Mine has a reset button that you can push with a toothpick, or the point of a pen or pencil. We have the same set up at the dive shop and resetting it like that fixes it. There was one time we had some power surges and even though the router/modem was protected by a ups, it still crapped out and we had to replace the device.

3. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Yeah. Sounds like the same set up. I'll try the reset.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

“innernets” What are those? Are any of them similar to the “internet?”
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

It connects you to the world wide webular.

7. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

So the reset didn't work. Gonna call the company.

I thought about this and remembered you did a speed test and got 6mbps before the reset. Maybe a virus on your computer?

10. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

I am definitely the person you want to come to for a question like this
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Download a program called ccleaner (the free one). Run both the cleaner and the registry programs through there. Another good one is Glary Utilities.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information