Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos' John Elway likes Montee Ball, has high hopes for Champ Bailey

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos' John Elway likes Montee Ball, has high hopes for Champ Bailey

When Broncos vice president John Elway watched film of running back Montee Ball, he had flashbacks to when he was a quarterback and his best play was the handoff.

"His running style was a lot like Terrell Davis," Elway said during a fan forum conference call Tuesday. "We hope that Montee has a career and even a longer career than Terrell had."

Davis was a 1,000-yard rusher for the Broncos as a rookie in 1995, then was the NFL's best running back in the next three seasons. The combination of Davis and Elway helped the Broncos win back-to-back Super Bowls in 1997-98. Elway retired after 1998 and Davis blew out his knee four games into 1999 and was never the same.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-ball-has-high

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I am cautiously optimistic, but optimistic nonetheless. I also like what Elway said about dipshit Alfred Williams.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Personally, I thought the guy who asked about Kayvon Webster was some kind of genius.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Elway, Russell Talk Heckert, Rookies, Clady in Fan Forum

I just finished up moderating a fan forum with Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway and Director of Player Personnel Matt Russell.

Season-ticket holders were able to ask them questions during the hour-long conference call, and it was a pretty fun experience for everyone involved. We’ve held a few fan forums in the past and we’ll hold more going forward this season.

Some of the more interesting notes to come out of the call were Elway’s thoughts on the addition of new Director of Pro Personnel Tom Heckert, Russell’s comments on Ryan Clady and Elway comparing Montee Ball to Terrell Davis.

Below are some quick hits from the fan forum. We’ll have more from the call over the next few days.
    rest - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...-in-fan-forum/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

"If he didn't like our pick last year we're thrilled that he didn't like it this year because Derek Wolfe turned into a heckuva football player," Elway said. "And we anticipate that Sylvester will, too. So we're absolutely thrilled that Alfred doesn't like our pick this year."

Read more: Broncos' John Elway likes Montee Ball, has high hopes for Champ Bailey - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2Seqqhf8I
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

I loved that part.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

So even Elway said Champ has slowed down? (I am not advocating a move to safety. Champ should start at CB this coming season.)

"Any time you get up there in age things are going to slow down a little bit, but you hope they make it up on the mental side and anticipate." Sure sounds like a safety to me, but Elway's also on record (at least for now) that we're not considering the move yet. Are we allowed to admit what our eyes clearly reveal us now that Elway has explicitly done the same?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Some day Bailey will move to S and 2 or 3 people will say "I told ya so!".
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Alfred Williams, what a dipshit

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    "Any time you get up there in age things are going to slow down a little bit, but you hope they make it up on the mental side and anticipate." Sure sounds like a safety to me, but Elway's also on record (at least for now) that we're not considering the move yet. Are we allowed to admit what our eyes clearly reveal us now that Elway has explicitly done the same?
    No. That doesn't "sound like a safety." It sounds like a man who is 35 in a young man's game. If that "sounds like a safety" then safeties are ONLY older cornerbacks, and we know that's absolutely, 100 percent not the case.

Find a safety to play safety.

Let the HOF, Top 5 of all time, cornerback play cornerback.

What in the ******* hell is your obsession with moving players from one position to another?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

What in the ******* hell is your obsession with moving players from one position to another?

Always worked.. %100 percent of the time...in Madden

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    No John did not in anyway, shape, or form fully and clearly express that Bailey should be moved to safety. The context wont even support that Elway even implied it.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-08-2013 at 04:13 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No. That doesn't "sound like a safety." It sounds like a man who is 35 in a young man's game. If that "sounds like a safety" then safeties are ONLY older cornerbacks, and we know that's absolutely, 100 percent not the case.

There is nowhere that Elway explicitly say Champ should move safety.

Champ is a CB. Champ will get help over the top more next season I'm sure.

When Joel suggested that Von Miller's skillset would be better used at MLB is when I stopped listening to his ideas on player positioning and moves.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information