Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So Whats Next For The Denver Nuggets?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with Karl, but the personnel department cannot give him a washed up, shitty guard, because he will overplay him.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Honestly, I think we have enough guys that can score around the basket or slash to the basket, if this team will get better it needs to get better shooting from the outside...and at defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Checking Ziggy's list of available players next season, there are two "superstars" named - both who were on teams this year, which made the playoffs, and were eliminated in the first round.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Checking Ziggy's list of available players next season, there are two "superstars" named - both who were on teams this year, which made the playoffs, and were eliminated in the first round.
    As long as the Nuggets don't have one, they won't win in the playoffs. So, that's a nice observation, but reality tells us otherwise.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    As long as the Nuggets don't have one, they won't win in the playoffs. So, that's a nice observation, but reality tells us otherwise.
    Having a "labeled superstar" does not guarantee winning in the playoffs - this year - Clippers, Lakers, Houston, Brooklyn, Boston, all out after the 1st round - all have one or more "labeled superstars". I have no idea if Milwaukee or Atlanta have any "labeled superstars".

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

For one thing the GM is not the problem. For what they got in the Melo deal, landing Iggy, all good moves.

Players that had been good feel on their face. Brewer was a spark off the bench in the season had a horrible series, Faried struggled until it was to late to matter.

Mozgov/Stone are RFA. Iggy UFA (ETO), Brewer.

Foundation:
    Ty-Gallo (injury)-Chandler-Faried-Mcgee.

Role: Fournier, Koufus, Miller.

The ?: Hamilton, Q. Miller, Randolph.

Additions: Shooter, back up PG and PF.

Everyone hates Andre Miller but he is under contract and not sure who wants him.

Iggy is the wild-card, does he walk, stay?

There are always interesting names on the market but still have team/player options to wait for.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Having a "labeled superstar" does not guarantee winning in the playoffs - this year - Clippers, Lakers, Houston, Brooklyn, Boston, all out after the 1st round - all have one or more "labeled superstars". I have no idea if Milwaukee or Atlanta have any "labeled superstars".
    Exactly. Carol, to get a superstar doesn't guarantee a championship but it gives you a shot at it. Playing without one in today's NBA does guarantee that you have no shot at it.

9. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    For one thing the GM is not the problem. For what they got in the Melo deal, landing Iggy, all good moves.

Players that had been good feel on their face. Brewer was a spark off the bench in the season had a horrible series, Faried struggled until it was to late to matter.

Mozgov/Stone are RFA. Iggy UFA (ETO), Brewer.

Foundation:
    Ty-Gallo (injury)-Chandler-Faried-Mcgee.

Role: Fournier, Koufus, Miller.

The ?: Hamilton, Q. Miller, Randolph.

Additions: Shooter, back up PG and PF.

Everyone hates Andre Miller but he is under contract and not sure who wants him.

Iggy is the wild-card, does he walk, stay?

There are always interesting names on the market but still have team/player options to wait for.
    Ujiri did a great job with the Melo fiasco. Iggy is a great role player, but a role player isn't worth what they're paying him. Not trading Mozgov midseason was a huge mistake. Now he walks for no return, and was of no value to the Nuggets during the playoffs. Stupid move. Masai overpaid Nene and then got lucky trading him. Anyone think that the Wizards are happy paying 13 million to a 12/7 guy? He's also bought into the whole George Karl 'you can win a championship without a superstar' nonsense. Hopefully he realizes that he needs to change philosophy and do what it takes to give the Nuggets a chance to win it all.

Adopted Bronco:

Last night, Ujiri was on with Vic. You can listen to what he said. He said one thing that I totally agree with, which was there are only 6 or 7 TRUE superstars in the NBA.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/884...manager-ujiri/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ujiri did a great job with the Melo fiasco. Iggy is a great role player, but a role player isn't worth what they're paying him. Not trading Mozgov midseason was a huge mistake. Now he walks for no return, and was of no value to the Nuggets during the playoffs. Stupid move. Masai overpaid Nene and then got lucky trading him. Anyone think that the Wizards are happy paying 13 million to a 12/7 guy? He's also bought into the whole George Karl 'you can win a championship without a superstar' nonsense. Hopefully he realizes that he needs to change philosophy and do what it takes to give the Nuggets a chance to win it all.
    You have to realize the NBA is full of bad contracts. I know it is a part of your arguments but it far from the Nuggets worst problem.

Who is the superstar that was available or is out there that the Nuggets could get?

I think it what they used to sell the last two seasons, get everyone on board and not just think that post Melo the team would flop.

By the way Melo is no superstar.

Off season will be full of Nugget fun.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I was thinking about what Ujiri said in regards to - there are only 6 or 7 true superstars in the NBA. In thinking about this, I think that James, KD, and Kobe are superstars, possibly Duncan and Dirk - not sure if I would put any one else in the superstar category as of right now. I am sure that there would be a few which others would agree on, or they would all have their own opinion as to who are the superstars, right now, in the NBA.
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 05-06-2013 at 01:53 PM.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Marlowe Blog: Taking stock of Nuggets' playoff exit

Some questions tougher than others as Denver enters offseason
    By Chris Marlowe, for Nuggets.com, 5-6-13

It’s been a very difficult week in Nuggets Nation.

Difficult for the coaches, players, staff, fans – and yes the announcers!

I’ve been tired, depressed and surly.

I haven’t shaved since the Mile High Crew lost Game 6 in Oakland and surrendered their first-round playoff series 4-2.

As an aside, I shaved a few hours before Game 6 and cut my chin badly – perhaps foreshadowing what was to come.

So, what have I been doing since the season ended? Answering questions about your Denver Nuggets.

At the gym, gas station, supermarket, walking the dog, and out to dinner.

I try my best to answer all the questions – some are actually easy to respond to
    rest - http://www.nba.com/nuggets/features/...s-playoff-exit

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

meh!

the nugs didn't lose to GS because they don't have a superstar-- they lost because george karl GAVE AWAY games two, three and four with his retarded, assinine smallball starting lineups, and subsequent horrible lineup changes. . .

superstar, blooperstar-- there's lebron, and everybody else. . . chris paul, kevin durant, derrick rose, dwight howard, carmelo-- not a title among 'em. . . and carol's right, neither howard nor paul made it any further than denver this year. . . and it's not like we'll have a shot at either of them next year. . . highly doubt either will hit the market, but i don't see any chance one of them wants to take less to play in denver. . .

with no superstar available, what this team really needs is someone who can knock down a shot. . . we've already been reported to have interest in kyle korver, which makes sense. . . elliss might be an interesting option. . . i'd say iguodala is probably the biggest decision of the off-season, so we'll have to see what's up with that before we know what direction we're leaning. . . i can understand why they'd move on from brewer, given his shot selection-- but i hope they bring in someone else who competes on defense and runs the court the way he does. . . he does gamble a bit too much, but he's also one of the main guys that sparks our breaks. . . unless/until the right deal comes along (i still think harden woulda been perfect for us), i'd rather they continue to make adjustments to the roster and develop our young guys, rather than just blowing it up for the hell of it. . . i

for one thing, i absolutely wouldn't trade lawson unless we actually could get a (young!) superstar back-- or give up on faried this soon. . . move anyone else for the right price, but i wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of players like chandler, koufos, mcgee, maybe a few others, unless we're getting something of decent value in return. . . mcgee's contract and chandler's injuries are both factors to consider. . .

and at the end of the day, yea-- the nugs probably won't be serious contenders. . . the NBA is just tough. . . look at all the talent the thunder have acquired, and they haven't translated it to a title. . .

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I was thinking about what Ujiri said in regards to - there are only 6 or 7 true superstars in the NBA. In thinking about this, I think that James, KD, and Kobe are superstars, possibly Duncan and Dirk - not sure if I would put any one else in the superstar category as of right now. I am sure that there would be a few which others would agree on, or they would all have their own opinion as to who are the superstars, right now, in the NBA.
    I don't know much about who should be a "superstar," but I do believe the
    Nuggets need a closer - a player who can take over in crunch time. That's what
    Duncan and Kobe have been, and why their respective teams own so much gold.

Great teams have always seemed to have that great player: Chicago with
    Jordan, Boston with Bird, Los Angeles with Chamberlain, Jabbar, Magic Johnson,
    and, of course, Kobe.

Karl was just named Coach of the Year. That's how well thought of he is. It's
    easy to call for the coach's head by fans whose team didn't come home with
    the championship. But with whom are they going to replace Karl if they send
    him down the road? Perhaps people would rather settle for mediocrity, not
    only in the playoffs, but during the regular season, because they have an
    inferior coach?

It was a fun season. And now we're pouting? Pity's sake . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

21. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information