Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dish Network

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You should get the hopper\joey set up. You could have all of your dvr stuff available in every room. It's a really cool system. I think it's better technology than anything Direct TV has to offer. I just haven't wanted to sign a new contract and pay the $10 a month increase for whole home DVR.

BTW, if you don't like all of those dishes up there, you can remove them easily without creating any exposed holes. You just detach the mast from the base plate. That will leave the base plate screwed to the roof, but allows you to take the mast and dish down. It takes about 5 or 10 minutes, pretty easy. You just need a couple 7\16" wrenches.
    we can't purchase Dish Network stuff up here and Bell doesn't offer the hopper. All my dishes are on a steel pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

You should get the hopper\joey set up. You could have all of your dvr stuff available in every room. It's a really cool system. I think it's better technology than anything Direct TV has to offer. I just haven't wanted to sign a new contract and pay the $10 a month increase for whole home DVR.

BTW, if you don't like all of those dishes up there, you can remove them easily without creating any exposed holes. You just detach the mast from the base plate. That will leave the base plate screwed to the roof, but allows you to take the mast and dish down. It takes about 5 or 10 minutes, pretty easy. You just need a couple 7\16" wrenches.
    Genie blows the Hopper away, and in general dtv crushes dish in technology. Its not even close. Oh look, my hopper can record 6 shows...but only in primetime on network feeds
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Genie blows the Hopper away, and in general dtv crushes dish in technology. Its not even close. Oh look, my hopper can record 6 shows...but only in primetime on network feeds
    I liked my DTV better than Dish as well... the audio and video were both better quality ...in my experience anyway.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I agree with you that Direct TV has better technology over all, but I've installed both, and I would take the hopper over the genie any day. Of course, I don't really have a need to record 6 things at once.

I like the fact that you can see all the tuners and what's being played on them from any room with the hopper system. I also like the fact you can pause live tv and continue watching it from any other room using the tuner screen

DirecTV is gay.

I agree with you that Direct TV has better technology over all, but I've installed both, and I would take the hopper over the genie any day. Of course, I don't really have a need to record 6 things at once.

I like the fact that you can see all the tuners and what's being played on them from any room with the hopper system. I also like the fact you can pause live tv and continue watching it from any other room using the tuner screen
    Hopper isn't a bad system, it and its joeys are the same as genie with client boxes, but screw client boxes. Its pretty much an anything dish can do dtv does better deal I think after playing with both...then again I'm biased cause I get Dtvs best stuff for free lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Hopper isn't a bad system, it and its joeys are the same as genie with client boxes, but screw client boxes. Its pretty much an anything dish can do dtv does better deal I think after playing with both...then again I'm biased cause I get Dtvs best stuff for free lol.

They're similar, but not the same. You can't access the other tuners with the genie system. You can't pull up a screen in any room and see what's being watched in the other rooms. You can't pause live tv, walk into another room and start watching it again there. The genie is pretty cool, I just like the hopper better, especially having kids.

Our companies dont offer it, and we pay more... ********!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Anyone who needs to record six channels at once is either a football scout or somebody who watches way too much television.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

10. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

I can't find 6 good shows period.

12. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I can't find 6 good shows period.
    I agreed with this.

I will say that I have been able to watch more boxing on direct tv than I did with Comcast or surewest

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    I agreed with this.

I will say that I have been able to watch more boxing on direct tv than I did with Comcast or surewest
    What still exists?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information