Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dish Network

Default Dish Network

They claim to be able to show every snap of the Denver Broncos. How does that work?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

if the ad was in Denver, because they can give you the local channel. If not, they're most likely lying.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    if the ad was in Denver, because they can give you the local channel. If not, they're most likely lying.
    So it's an area thing? That kinda sucks? They are just playing on the fact that every game will either be primetime or local via CBS or Fox? That doesn't seem like a big deal.

http://www.dish.com/redirects/partners/broncos/

That's the site. I saw the ad on my Broncos Mobile app.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I've heard, and this could be completely wrong, that if you give them a Colorado address and get the local channel package you'll get Denver Channels and thus get the Bronco games. Where I've heard this is from retirees who travel around in RVs and set up their dishes all over the country but because their based out of Colorado they get Denver channels. Now, you would probably need a friend in Colorado whose address you could use as a billingg address or whatever, but it might be worth investigating.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I've heard, and this could be completely wrong, that if you give them a Colorado address and get the local channel package you'll get Denver Channels and thus get the Bronco games. Where I've heard this is from retirees who travel around in RVs and set up their dishes all over the country but because their based out of Colorado they get Denver channels. Now, you would probably need a friend in Colorado whose address you could use as a billingg address or whatever, but it might be worth investigating.
    no, Dish Network has spot beaming. They spot beam local channels to local areas, meaning I can give them a Colorado address but being in Canada, I may not get that beam. It's not that small of a area beam but if you were on the East coast you wont be getting Denver locals. I used to have dish and did receive the Denver CBS station though. Dish uses a lot of different satellites for different parts of the country so it isn't always going to be the same, DTV is a lot more straight forward and the spot beams easier to figure out.

here is a site that can show you what spot beams you will receive. http://www.dishuser.org/satmaps.php
    Last edited by weazel; 05-01-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

7. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    no, Dish Network has spot beaming. They spot beam local channels to local areas, meaning I can give them a Colorado address but being in Canada, I may not get that beam. It's not that small of a area beam but if you were on the East coast you wont be getting Denver locals. I used to have dish and did receive the Denver CBS station though.
    Okay. Well most the retirees I've talked to that do that travel mostly in the Western US.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    http://www.dish.com/redirects/partners/broncos/

That's the site. I saw the ad on my Broncos Mobile app.
    totally misleading ad.

Charlie Ergen is a supreme A-hole! Met him a couple of times.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    no, Dish Network has spot beaming. They spot beam local channels to local areas, meaning I can give them a Colorado address but being in Canada, I may not get that beam. It's not that small of a area beam but if you were on the East coast you wont be getting Denver locals. I used to have dish and did receive the Denver CBS station though.

here is a site that can show you what spot beams you will receive. http://www.dishuser.org/satmaps.php
    There was a time that some of the national channels that Dish broadcast was Denver. It's possible that they are still beaming Denver channels nationally in SD, and spot beaming HD, much like Direct broadcasts NY/LA nationally and the locals on spot beams.

12. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    There was a time that some of the national channels that Dish broadcast was Denver. It's possible that they are still beaming Denver channels nationally in SD, and spot beaming HD, much like Direct broadcasts NY/LA nationally and the locals on spot beams.
    I think you are probably right, CBS9 could be a SD national. I know at one time they didnt spot beam at all, those were good times but they were running out of channels on the receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Its funny how we have all these satellites above us beaming our shows. I wonder if they ever get lonely up in that cold cruel environment.

15. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Dish blows.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Dish blows.
    Jason Collins has Dish.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Jason Collins has Dish.
    He's making the wrong choice. Jason Phillips = life not together.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information