Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dish Network

dish.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Charlie Ergen is a supreme A-hole! Met him a couple of times.
    figures

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    figures

Almost did a mini biz co-op thing together. Luckily for me my ex wife worked at dish at the time. So I got a little inside info on him. Supreme Douche! In the highest regard. He signs contracts with companies and then tries to back out or renegotiate the price after- then holding whatever he can hostage or blackmailed. One of lifes biggest **** suckers I have ever seen.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Almost did a mini biz co-op thing together. Luckily for me my ex wife worked at dish at the time. So I got a little inside info on him. Supreme Douche! In the highest regard. He signs contracts with companies and then tries to back out or renegotiate the price after- then holding whatever he can hostage or blackmailed. One of lifes biggest **** suckers I have ever seen.
    And is reflected 100% by the company he runs.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I've heard, and this could be completely wrong, that if you give them a Colorado address and get the local channel package you'll get Denver Channels and thus get the Bronco games. Where I've heard this is from retirees who travel around in RVs and set up their dishes all over the country but because their based out of Colorado they get Denver channels. Now, you would probably need a friend in Colorado whose address you could use as a billingg address or whatever, but it might be worth investigating.
    no, Dish Network has spot beaming. They spot beam local channels to local areas, meaning I can give them a Colorado address but being in Canada, I may not get that beam. It's not that small of a area beam but if you were on the East coast you wont be getting Denver locals. I used to have dish and did receive the Denver CBS station though. Dish uses a lot of different satellites for different parts of the country so it isn't always going to be the same, DTV is a lot more straight forward and the spot beams easier to figure out.

here is a site that can show you what spot beams you will receive. http://www.dishuser.org/satmaps.php
    I use to install dish network. I did a "mover" for a family that moved to Idaho from Alabama. When I hooked them up they were still getting all of the locals from Alabama prior to calling and giving them the new zip code. I saw the same thing with a family from Utah.

So, whatever zip code you give them, those are the local stations you'll get. It's the same 3 satellites anywhere in the United States. "110, 119, 129"

Well played, DirecTV.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Well played, DirecTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I use to install dish network. I did a "mover" for a family that moved to Idaho from Alabama. When I hooked them up they were still getting all of the locals from Alabama prior to calling and giving them the new zip code. I saw the same thing with a family from Utah.

So, whatever zip code you give them, those are the local stations you'll get. It's the same 3 satellites anywhere in the United States. "110, 119, 129"
    how long ago was that? They do have spot beaming, I used to hack DTV and Dishnet and ALL channels were open to me, but after a certain point I could only get the locals that were in the spot beam.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

how long ago was that? They do have spot beaming, I used to hack DTV and Dishnet and ALL channels were open to me, but after a certain point I could only get the locals that were in the spot beam.
    It was actually just last summer. I did dish installs last year while I was waiting for a non-compete agreement to expire. Honestly, I don't know what spot beaming is. I know that in the continental United States it's the same 3 satellites I mentioned. I also know they give you your locals based on zip codes.

I only did it for about 9 months, which is why I'm not exactly an expert on the subject. Installing dish or direct tv isn't rocket science anyway.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

It was actually just last summer. I did dish installs last year while I was waiting for a non-compete agreement to expire. Honestly, I don't know what spot beaming is. I know that in the continental United States it's the same 3 satellites I mentioned. I also know they give you your locals based on zip codes.

I only did it for about 9 months, which is why I'm not exactly an expert on the subject. Installing dish or direct tv isn't rocket science anyway.
    Odd, according to everything online they still use spot beaming. I know they overlapped so maybe thats what went on. I know I still received Denver and Atlanta locals when I lost others.
    no I never said it was rocket science at all, people do get confused when trying to set up switches for some reason though.

Odd, according to everything online they still use spot beaming. I know they overlapped so maybe thats what went on. I know I still received Denver and Atlanta locals when I lost others.
    no I never said it was rocket science at all, people do get confused when trying to set up switches for some reason though.
    Which switches are you talking about? Are you talking about adding receivers to an existing LNB?

I guess it comes down to how big of an area spot beaming covers. Maybe Canada is too far north? I know the eastern Seaboard has a slightly different LNB. Utah locals in Idaho would make sense, but I'm honestly not sure how locals from Alabama were available. I'm not sure where the beggining point for Eastern arc LNB's begins. However, I do know it's the same 3 satellites for the US wherever you are.

Which switches are you talking about? Are you talking about adding receivers to an existing LNB?

I guess it comes down to how big of an area spot beaming covers. Maybe Canada is too far north? I know the eastern Seaboard has a slightly different LNB. Utah locals in Idaho would make sense, but I'm honestly not sure how locals from Alabama were available. I'm not sure where the beggining point for Eastern arc LNB's begins. However, I do know it's the same 3 satellites for the US wherever you are.
    no, diseqc, sw34 and sw44 type switches. For some reason when you start adding those into the equation a lot of people I've seen totally lose track of whats going on.
    Yes I agree it's the same 3 satellites, from what I read the spot beams have to do with the transponders.

Here is a thread that someone made explaining what spot beams work in what areas with maps, spreadsheets and all the other stuff. I never really looked at it because I haven't used DTV, Dish or FTA in over 2 years and only use Canadian satellite now.
    http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/185336-...ansponder-map/

no, diseqc, sw34 and sw44 type switches. For some reason when you start adding those into the equation a lot of people I've seen totally lose track of whats going on.
    Yes I agree it's the same 3 satellites, from what I read the spot beams have to do with the transponders.

Here is a thread that someone made explaining what spot beams work in what areas with maps, spreadsheets and all the other stuff. I never really looked at it because I haven't used DTV, Dish or FTA in over 2 years and only use Canadian satellite now.
    http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/185336-...ansponder-map/
    That explains my lack of understanding. I never really understood what the transponders were and what they did. I knew what my signal strength had to be on them, but all I had to do was know how to peak the dish.

The 33 and 44 switches are what I thought you were talking about. Typically, when you get an HD dish from dish network the lnb on the dish only has enough outputs for 3 receivers. The dish 500's (standard definition) only have 2 outputs. So, if you have a customer (it happens a lot with apartments) who has more than that number of receivers you have to add a switch. Aparment complexes will sometimes have a switch going to a switch because they're trying to run 6-8 receivers off of one dish. I understand how they work, but they were a pain in the butt to understand at first. They just aren't something that get used very much, so new guys like me that haven't seen them much tend to get confused easily.

An example would be 3 lines going from the dish to the switch (which just replaces the ground block), then four lines going from the switch to receivers. At least, that's how I remember it.

The Hopper\Joey system is pretty cool. Do you have a hopper?
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 05-03-2013 at 01:12 PM.

That explains my lack of understanding. I never really understood what the transponders were and what they did. I knew what my signal strength had to be on them, but all I had to do was know how to peak the dish.

The 33 and 44 switches are what I thought you were talking about. Typically, when you get an HD dish from dish network the lnb on the dish only has enough outputs for 3 receivers. The dish 500's (standard definition) only have 2 outputs. So, if you have a customer (it happens a lot with apartments) who has more than that number of receivers you have to add a switch. Aparment complexes will sometimes have a switch going to a switch because they're trying to run 6-8 receivers off of one dish. I understand how they work, but they were a pain in the butt to understand at first. They just aren't something that get used very much, so new guys like me that haven't seen them much tend to get confused easily.

An example would be 3 lines going from the dish to the switch (which just replaces the ground block), then four lines going from the switch to receivers. At least, that's how I remember it.

The Hopper\Joey system is pretty cool. Do you have a hopper?
    nope, all my stuff is pretty straight forward now. I still have 4 dishes up at the house but only one dish/two lnb's are used with 5 standard HD PVR receivers. So just 2 dual LNB going to two powered SW44's going to 5 receivers.

I used to have 4 dishes that totalled 7 LNB's going to a SW44 and a bunch of SW34's and then to a DTV receiver, a Dish receiver, 3 Bell receivers and 2 FTA.

nope, all my stuff is pretty straight forward now. I still have 4 dishes up at the house but only one dish/two lnb's are used with 5 standard HD PVR receivers. So just 2 dual LNB going to two powered SW44's going to 5 receivers.

I used to have 4 dishes that totalled 7 LNB's going to a SW44 and a bunch of SW34's and then to a DTV receiver, a Dish receiver, 3 Bell receivers and 2 FTA.
    You should get the hopper\joey set up. You could have all of your dvr stuff available in every room. It's a really cool system. I think it's better technology than anything Direct TV has to offer. I just haven't wanted to sign a new contract and pay the $10 a month increase for whole home DVR.

BTW, if you don't like all of those dishes up there, you can remove them easily without creating any exposed holes. You just detach the mast from the base plate. That will leave the base plate screwed to the roof, but allows you to take the mast and dish down. It takes about 5 or 10 minutes, pretty easy. You just need a couple 7\16" wrenches.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information