Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Russell Westbrook out indefinitely

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Russell Westbrook out indefinitely

OKLAHOMA CITY -- All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook will have surgery to repair cartilage in his right knee and be out indefinitely, dealing a harsh blow to the Oklahoma City Thunder's championship chances.

General manager Sam Presti said Friday that the Thunder had not yet scheduled Westbrook's surgery and would not have an accurate timeline for his return until after the procedure was done. No one would rule out Westbrook's possible return if Oklahoma City keeps advancing in the playoffs, and All-Star teammate Kevin Durant only said his teammates "hope" Westbrook can play again this postseason.

"We're not trying to rush him or bring him back ahead of schedule. We want to make sure he's healthy and his knee is right," Durant said. "That's our only concern with it right now. ... We have to come together as a team and worry about the basketball. All he has to worry about is him getting healthy."
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013...r-knee-surgery

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Wow, that really changes the landscape. The Thunder won't be the favorite to come out of the west if he doesn't play.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Skip Bayless thinks it's the best thing to ever happen to OKC.

Thunder up!

I just hope he can make it back as quickly as Artest did. If so, we may be okay. If he can't we'll be in trouble.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Thunder up!

I just hope he can make it back as quickly as Artest did. If so, we may be okay. If he can't we'll be in trouble.
    What reasons did Bayless give for this being the best thing that ever happened to OKC?

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thunder up!

Bayless is an idiot. You know that...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    What reasons did Bayless give for this being the best thing that ever happened to OKC?
    For the last two years Bayless has complained that Westbrook takes too many shots to the detriment of the team (to the detriment of Durant). I was being facetious, and yes MO, I know Bayless is an idiot, but he's a homegrown idiot, and I really like his brother's cooking.

9. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

For the last two years Bayless has complained that Westbrook takes too many shots to the detriment of the team (to the detriment of Durant). I was being facetious, and yes MO, I know Bayless is an idiot, but he's a homegrown idiot, and I really like his brother's cooking.
    In the past, when Westbrook went down you had Hardin. That's no longer the case, so they don't really have a facilitator. I can't see it being anything but a huge negative.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    In the past, when Westbrook went down you had Hardin. That's no longer the case, so they don't really have a facilitator. I can't see it being anything but a huge negative.
    In the past Westbrook never went down. Never. Longest active streak of starts ends tomorrow night.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

In the past Westbrook never went down. Never. Longest active streak of starts ends tomorrow night.
    My bad. I thought he missed some games from an injury last year.

Who am I thinking of...?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

My bad. I thought he missed some games from an injury last year.

Who am I thinking of...?
    I don't know. The Thunder have been pretty blessed in the injury dept the past few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't know. The Thunder have been pretty blessed in the injury dept the past few years.
    I don't know...but...

I think the point still stands. Without Westbrook, OKC doesn't really have a point. Durant and Martin are more off the ball. Who's playing point now?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I don't know...but...

I think the point still stands. Without Westbrook, OKC doesn't really have a point. Durant and Martin are more off the ball. Who's playing point now?
    Reggie Jacskon. He's grown a bunch this year, but he can't replace Westbrook completely. It really sucks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Reggie Jacskon. He's grown a bunch this year, but he can't replace Westbrook completely. It really sucks.
    If not Nuggets, I really wanted Thunder, so, yeah...

Adopted Bronco:

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

RT @toryswish: Westbrook is here in vail..do you want me to kick his a**?? Hajaja--->>>feel bad for him. out for the playoffs

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Rick Bayless is Skip's brother? Huh, I never put that together. He's a damn good chef. I always liked his show, Mexico, One Plate at a time. He love s the Yucatecan stuff. He's in Merida a lot. That's where they're going to send me come transplant time.

19. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information