Thread: Coming soon to a theater near you: China's Communist Party.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Coming soon to a theater near you: China's Communist Party.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/hollywo...055319402.html

From demanding changes in plot lines that denigrate the Chinese leadership, to dampening lurid depictions of sex and violence, Beijing is having increasing success in pressuring Hollywood into deleting movie content Beijing finds objectionable.

It's even getting American studios to sanction alternative versions of films specially tailored for Chinese audiences, like "Iron Man 3," which debuts in theaters around the world later this week. The Chinese version features local heartthrob Fan Bingbing — absent from the version showing abroad — and lengthy clips of Chinese scenery that local audiences love.

Well its not like we owe them umpteen billion dollars or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

I'm headed over there soon. I will flex some muscle and show em what's up.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Can't blame movie companies for tapping a massive demographic.

But what's funny to me is Iron Man 3 even set in China? I want to know what the nature of the China scenery is. Is it just randomly inserted, or what?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

The Chinese are the biggest culprits in movie pirating.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    The Chinese are the biggest culprits in movie pirating.
    This is, I surmise, the Studio's biggest reason for making these concessions. I'm sure they are expecting a crackdown on illegally pirated movies in exchange.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    This is, I surmise, the Studio's biggest reason for making these concessions. I'm sure they are expecting a crackdown on illegally pirated movies in exchange.
    China will add that to it's gigantic list of crimes punishable by death. Hey, we always need more kidneys, it's a win-win.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    China will add that to it's gigantic list of crimes punishable by death. Hey, we always need more kidneys, it's a win-win.
    As long as they export the cooks who make sweet and sour chicken to the US,I'm good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

why do you think Red Dawn was changed from China to NKorea? Chinese Censors.

Chinese government deciding what comes out in films in America, and you guys dont see the problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post

Chinese government deciding what comes out in films in America, and you guys don't see the problem with that?
    I did know that. I was initially bothered by it then I really didn't care cause it was N. Korea who we are technically at war with. But I do think we need to grab our nuts as a country and stand IP to this stuff and any UN resolution which will try to affect our rights as US citizens.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post

Chinese government deciding what comes out in films in America, and you guys dont see the problem with that?
    Are you claiming that our Government forced the movie studio to change the plot?

I would have a problem with that.

But that's not what I understand happened. The movie studio can do whatever they want. If they want to cater to China, more power to them. That might have negative affects here, but it's their decision.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information