Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandstater & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    This is nonsense. We are much better off right now with Orton. Tom is not even close to being ready...this is coming from his biggest supporter on the board. It would ruin his career to start him now.
    Maybe. He has a solid o-line and running game with solid WRs and TEs. It's not like he is playing for the Chiefs or Lions ()...as far as ruining him goes. He looked pretty good running with the 1st team last night. In a perfect world, he has time to develop, learn, and be groomed. It is far from a perfect world in Denver right now. I do agree that he shouldn't be the starter...but I am beginning to feel like Orton isn't either.

Unless you are right about McD throwing a lot at Orton to see how he responds and will change his playcalling during the regular season, I don't see how anyone can get behind Orton. Of course, I will root for the guy, but I can't say that I have much confidence in him...and judging from the playcalling the last 2 games, neither does McD.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    This is nonsense. We are much better off right now with Orton. Tom is not even close to being ready...this is coming from his biggest supporter on the board. It would ruin his career to start him now.
    this is probally true.....meh i like my hope though so i will continue to deflect to brandy untill i feel better...lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    this is probally true.....meh i like my hope though so i will continue to deflect to brandy untill i feel better...lol
    Is this anything like getting intouch with your "inner child"?

6. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Is this anything like getting intouch with your "inner child"?
    you could say that just wait untill RC, JR, and Mbronc see the stuff im spinning they will freak.....lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

you could say that just wait untill RC, JR, and Mbronc see the stuff im spinning they will freak.....lol
    No doubt.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    No doubt.
    the sad part is i had worries when kyle came here and i put them aside for three weeks, i cant do it any longer...i just cant i will root for denver be it 0-16 or 16-0 but the fact is brandy makes me feel like im in my happy place with a tad bit of hope and daylight for the O right now...so i will stick with that untill orton proves he is joe montana against cincy...lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Maybe. He has a solid o-line and running game with solid WRs and TEs. It's not like he is playing for the Chiefs or Lions ()...as far as ruining him goes. He looked pretty good running with the 1st team last night. In a perfect world, he has time to develop, learn, and be groomed. It is far from a perfect world in Denver right now. I do agree that he shouldn't be the starter...but I am beginning to feel like Orton isn't either.

Unless you are right about McD throwing a lot at Orton to see how he responds and will change his playcalling during the regular season, I don't see how anyone can get behind Orton. Of course, I will root for the guy, but I can't say that I have much confidence in him...and judging from the playcalling the last 2 games, neither does McD.
    Either JMCD opened it up when Brandy got in, or Orton has tunnel vision.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

the sad part is i had worries when kyle came here and i put them aside for three weeks, i cant do it any longer...i just cant i will root for denver be it 0-16 or 16-0 but the fact is brandy makes me feel like im in my happy place with a tad bit of hope and daylight for the O right now...so i will stick with that untill orton proves he is joe montana against cincy...lol
    I've been trying to do the same thing myself. I've just never been real comfortable with Orton as our starting quarterback. I think what we saw last night from the Bears defense is going to be consistent theme throughout the year. Opposing defenses going work to force Orton to throw over the top because to date he has struggled with doing that.

15. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ive always like Elvis even when he was one of the few highlights on the Dline. All i heard was "He's too small", "He Sucks!". But when he got moved to LB i knew that was a great fit for him and he will excel there. As for Brandy, he has signs that could be good in the long run but right now to have him be a starter would be a huge mistake. Let the kid learn from the bench and get more pieces in place before feeding him to the wolves.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ive always like Elvis even when he was one of the few highlights on the Dline. All i heard was "He's too small", "He Sucks!". But when he got moved to LB i knew that was a great fit for him and he will excel there. As for Brandy, he has signs that could be good in the long run but right now to have him be a starter would be a huge mistake. Let the kid learn from the bench and get more pieces in place before feeding him to the wolves.
    shoot with injuries we have the bench may not be his calling...orton gets hurt ever year and simms is already jacked....lol brandy better learn real quick...lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

19. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Either JMCD opened it up when Brandy got in, or Orton has tunnel vision.
    he unleashed the kid, because he has to know what he can do, and find out what he's comfortable with. looks like it paid off, because I know for certain Orton couldn't have made that throw.

Brandstater looked the DB off and caused him to hesitate, Orton would have locked on and that DB would have intercepted it.

impressive for a rookie, but he needs to sit at least a year, maybe get thrown in for a series here and there, to just to keep him relatively fresh with the NFL game speed factor, so he can keep that experience fresh in his mind.

If the boy can develop, and freeze DB's like that...we'll have a gunslinger for years to come.

He throws a pretty ball too.

21. The Following User High Fived Overtime For This Post:

yeah i knew dummerville was gonna be good too.. i never knew why shanny would only put him in twice a game when he was a rookie.
    maybe when Marcus Vick stepped on in him in college he became a machine!

and brandstetter looked good too IMO

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    he unleashed the kid, because he has to know what he can do, and find out what he's comfortable with. looks like it paid off, because I know for certain Orton couldn't have made that throw.

Brandstater looked the DB off and caused him to hesitate, Orton would have locked on and that DB would have intercepted it.

impressive for a rookie, but he needs to sit at least a year, maybe get thrown in for a series here and there, to just to keep him relatively fresh with the NFL game speed factor, so he can keep that experience fresh in his mind.

If the boy can develop, and freeze DB's like that...we'll have a gunslinger for years to come.

He throws a pretty ball too.
    Also, I have to believe that McD has been calling a plethora of pass plays in attempts to get Orton as comfortable as possible with the offense. If I see 4 passes from first and goal in the regular season, I will lead the charge to decapitate McD.

The playcalling changed when Brandstater came in, and we ran significantly more. I'm hoping that that's more of the mix we'll see in the regular season. Defenses have to respect the run and if we're only doing that 25%......it's gonna be ugly.

From everything that has been coming out of the players' mouths, McD's got a minimum a good football mind. I'm counting on the fact that if some dumb chick like me can figure it out that he knows it. My fingers are crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

The rookie sixth round draft pick outplayed our veteran starter. I sure hope we aren't looking at a dink and dunk offense with Orton. I want a QB who can throw accurately on passes longer than 10 yards.

26. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    The rookie sixth round draft pick outplayed our veteran starter. I sure hope we aren't looking at a dink and dunk offense with Orton. I want a QB who can throw accurately on passes longer than 10 yards.
    He needs 3 years in the system. We cant judge him till then.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information