Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Default Positives

The intent of this thread is to talk about what was good about the game, what we're doing well, what we're improving on, where we're going from here.

So tell me, what did you see that you liked?

In particular for me, I like the heart we showed. The energy on the field seemed much higher than in the other preseason games. I'm hoping it wasn't a one time showing because of Cutler.

Brandstater's presence is much improved from last game. Even on his interception, he seemed more comfortable in the pocket than Orton, even.

Love Dooms. Love him.

I am curious to know what's up with all the penalties. Are we still just thinking too much and not reacting? What's the deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Oh and Hillis' touchdown. Great blocking by both Graham and Larsen. Textbook.

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

#3 played better than last week, second week in a row he made an early appearance due to injury.

I thought the front seven again got good pressure and played a swaring like defense against the run. The 98 yard drive obviously wasn't good, but before that they were solid.

The offense was out of sorts, between the penalties and such. I thought Hillis had some good runs and Buckhalter looked lousy early, but had some solid runs later on.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Hillis playing 3 positions...however don't want him to get hurt.

And Elvis. Loved his intensity...got a little carried away on one play, but got good pressure on Cutler early and got him out of his game.

Other than that, maybe Brandsetter...but to keep it in perspective, he was going against guys that are probably cut tomorrow.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Special Teams, Buckhalter, Hillis, Brandstater, Elvis Dumerville, and that new punter.

10. The Following User High Fived skycoyote For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Other than that, maybe Brandsetter...but to keep it in perspective, he was going against guys that are probably cut tomorrow.
    Wasn't the Bears 1st string D still in at the beginning of 3rd quarter? Or was it just some starters?

— Marilyn Monroe

12. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Finally, Doom is playing in a position more suitable for his size and overall the D seems much better on the rush..

Also, Brandstater may be a go at Starter if he can string a few of those performances together on drives, also depending on Orton's fingey.

We didn't think Griese would be the guy going into '99 either. Not that Orton's been awful like Brister was, but Tommy B made some nice chucks that Orton didn't.

If Tommy B has a future with the Broncos, throw him to the wolves now and let him have his time. He showed flashes and I like him. He was my Adopted Bronco too.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Brandstater had a little coming out party tonight. Kid looked pretty impressive, especially on the bomb to McKinley...anyone see how tight that spiral was? He threw that thing on a rope, and it sure was purty!!!!

I can tell he's catching on to the offensive scheme and playbook. I think he'll make the team. Hopefully we'll get to see him get more reps to be ready to go in case 1.) Orton goes down or 2.) Orton just stinks it up terribly, and throws INT's all the time.

Rookie made me proud tonight.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Overtime For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Defense:

Doom was intense. I really like him at his LB spot. I think overall we still need a definitive beast on the Dline to create more havoc or to take a double team to free up the others. But, overall they seem more intense out there and thats good. Definitely some room for improvement and that will come with time i guess when they start to really gel together.

Offense:

Orton- He had solid numbers but the redzone is still a major concern. But, im not seeing much running from McD while Orton is at the helm so its hard to really gauge how he can either improve or implode at that point. Brandstater looks like he could be a good player but its just far too early to send him to the wolves.

ST's- I know Devin Hester is a god but we still need some work there. Punting though was pretty damn good overall so i liked that.

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Colquitt was amazing tonight...his punting was as accurate as the F-117's dropping Bunker Busters on Baghdad in 1991.

I rarely give props to punters (they're lower than FG kickers in my book) but Colquitt earned an ATTA BOY!!!! from me tonight.

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived Overtime For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The punters, Dumervil, Hillis, and quarterbacks were pretty solid.

22. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

The most notable thing I've noticed this entire preseason is that our pass rush is actually doing something. We're actually getting pressure... that compared to last year which was the most pathetic showing by a d-line I've ever seen.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

Just got back from the game. Brian Dawkins showed he still has something left - he had some good hits. I thought the defense generally played pretty well against Chicago's first team - getting pressure on Cutler. Brandstater definitely improved over last week and shows some promise (not ready to start a real nfl game yet)

26. The Following 6 Users High Fived titan For This Post:

Dawkins. Watching him pace around before the game gave me goosebumps. It fired me up. I can't imagine what it did for the other players. That guy is intense!

Hillis looked solid as always.

Defense looked alright.

Doom is the man.

Darius Walker ran good tonight.

Brandstater is improving. I liked how he moved around in the pocket.

28. The Following User High Fived West For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I'm finally beginning to see what MO was seeing about Brandstater. I want him to start, but I want him to sit behind Orton as long as we can. I would be happy to see him get the start once we are out of playoff contention.

The D looks improved even on that 98 yard drive. We should have had them 3 and out, but Cutler is a great preseason quarterback. I'm liking the wide reciever wearing #11. I can't remember his name, but he should make the team. I like Orton, but right now the only weakness we have on Offense is the quarterback. I missed most of the 1st half so I'm hoping I can find a replay of the game somewhere.

Kenny McKinley was his name.
    Last edited by Thnikkaman; 08-30-2009 at 11:51 PM.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

30. The Following 4 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information