Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We ALL GONNA BE RICH!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default We ALL GONNA BE RICH!!!

Gamers who bought an EA football game between 2005 and 2012, could be due triple the amount of settlement money per game thanks to recent modifications to a $27 million settlement in a class action suit against Electronic Arts.

Under the new terms, a claimant will now receive $20.37 per last-gen game on PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube and Windows PC, up from $6.79. Current-gen games on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii will pay out $5.85 per game, up from $1.95.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/16/422...ple-as-part-of

use this form to fill out your winnings:

https://www.easportslitigation.com/F...m/UnknownClaim

oh god, I must have at least 12 of these games from these years

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

You got until May 15 to file.

brb driving to my parents house to dig through the basement

I have tons of them myself but I don't see how I was wronged in any way
    Free Hotcarl!

"Unfortunately, leftover money originally intended as a Child's Play donation will now go to the federal government. It is not immediately clear why this modification was made."

Although this seems really messed up
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    I have tons of them myself but I don't see how I was wronged in any way
    I think because EA was the only company allowed to have nfl teams in them (remember the exclusive rights deal they made with nfl).....this was challenged in court and we win!

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I think because EA was the only company allowed to have nfl teams in them (remember the exclusive rights deal they made with nfl).....this was challenged in court and we win!
    Seriously? I've been saying that for years. But I was always told there was nothing wrong with it because the NFL could do whatever they wanted with their exclusive rights.

I thought that's what "exclusive rights" meant.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

8. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Ridiculous law suit and award.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I wish they would stop taking away from the offline franchise/dynasties.

That's the reason I've played every Madden and NCAAF since like 2002.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I filed a long time ago. I like EA, they make amazing games like Mass Effect, but they truelly are the evil empire of gaming. They hold the rights to NFL, i believe madden and NCAA have been the same game for years with little tweaks here and there with no real game development put into each one. Being in the industry myself, i cant believe the product they kept putting out. I for one, participated in this because i want the NFL to give out rights to many companies, not just EA.

Basically every new madden that came out, was just a roster update. and that to me is shameful when you have the rights.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 04-23-2013 at 11:11 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    I filed a long time ago. I like EA, they make amazing games like Mass Effect, but they truelly are the evil empire of gaming. They hold the rights to NFL, i believe madden and NCAA have been the same game for years with little tweaks here and there with no real game development put into each one. Being in the industry myself, i cant believe the product they kept putting out. I for one, participated in this because i want the NFL to give out rights to many companies, not just EA.

Basically every new madden that came out, was just a roster update. and that to me is shameful when you have the rights.
    I don't agree. I can see a clear difference in play in each of the last few Maddens. They also completely changed everything that you do off the field in that game, which I don't like. Give me back my normal franchise mode so my friends and I can get together to play seasons with one another. We couldn't figure out how to get a multiplayer franchise going in this one without playing online only.

This isn't an argument about the exclusive rights stuff though. I really don't care either way.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    ...They also completely changed everything that you do off the field in that game, which I don't like. Give me back my normal franchise mode so my friends and I can get together to play seasons with one another. We couldn't figure out how to get a multiplayer franchise going in this one without playing online only....
    THIS.

My friend and I have played NCAAF and Madden dynasties and franchises for about 10 years. Now it seems you can't start one with two teams. It's pretty frustrating how when everything went online, they shit all over the offline part of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I hope you guys have seen the new trailer by EA for 2014. Nothings changed, just a new "running mode" where RGIII can spin out defenders easily.

Again, the rights need to be given up or split. Where is the 2kstyle of play? the personalization? the career? Madden could have made this game so much better then what it is, with little cost. Thats what makes me so furious about EA. They could easily spend a bit more on the game and still make amazing profits off the game. I almost feel like EA is hesitant to take the game to its max potential and gameplay, because people wouldnt need to buy a new one every year.

Hell they could at least make the crowd realistic as well, and it wouldnt be thousands of dollars.

Isn't EA regularly voted the worst business in America?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

yes they are. as i said before, truly the "evil empire of gaming". They really dont treat their employees that well either.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information