Poll: What do you think about posters that call players/coaches names (Mickey Mouse, Cut-N-Run, McDumbass,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like or find irritating players and coaches being called stupid names?

Default Do you like or find irritating players and coaches being called stupid names?

This isn't about rules, which is why it isn't in Town Hall, but I'm wondering who likes/dislikes the names: Mickey Mouse, McDumass, Cut-n-run, Slowitt, etc.

So, what's your opinion about people slamming players/coaches with 'nicknames' in their discussion?
    Last edited by Tned; 08-30-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't like it. I don't like it when people do it to teams either (dolts,chefs,faiders). I think they're all dumb, but that's just my opinion.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

I don't see anything wrong with it, but those clever names usually get old pretty fast.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hobe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Retarded, to put it nicely.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mario Haggan

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    I don't like it. I don't like it when people do it to teams either (dolts,chefs,faiders). I think they're all dumb, but that's just my opinion.
    I would agree with your opinion.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Fan in Exile For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Ultimately, I don't care one way or the other, but some of the derogatory names get to me after a while. I think it's more of the extreme pessimism of certain posts though, rather than the names themselves. If a name has a positive connotation (I view Doogie as a positive one, he was a good doc ), then it doesn't seem as grating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

11. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Yea, Doogie was probably a bad example (I drew a blank when I was trying to come up with examples), since most of the time I have seen it used was in positive posts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I'm guilty of doing it from time to time especially in politics, but I try to refrain from doing it. Just like cussing shows ignorance of the fact, I believe name calling does as well. So I'm ignorant from time to time

14. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I don't like it and think it is immature, but I don't really care. Everyone should have the choice to act stupid.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I'll be the first to admit - I am a HOMER - therefore, I do not like it when someone who says they are a Broncos fan, does it in regards to ownership, coaches (past or present), or a player (past or present) on the Broncos. Does not bother me if a fan of another team does it.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If I'm joking around, I call him "McDiapers" as a way to remind some people that Boy Genius is just a few years removed from puberty and hasn't accomplished squat on his own.

When it comes to serious conversations, I don't use it.

I don't normally use such nicknames on players because most of them get enough abuse as it is and most are emotionally stunted by being treated like jocks all their lives.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

I don't mind it. What's far more important is the mindset of the person behind it. The name just allows you to know what to expect in the post.

21. The Following User High Fived Tempus Fugit For This Post:

I always found typing in mikey easier than Shanahan..

I know some folks were irritated with it but that was his name I also did a$$hley, poorti$$ more to get folks to think about what money grubbing punks they were..

AS I felt fans were putting the players before the team..

as for calling new coach Josh instead of MCD I find it easier to type also..

could be because I had friends that were mike and Josh..

for the rest of the haters comments calling them names I voted #3..

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    If I'm joking around, I call him "McDiapers" as a way to remind some people that Boy Genius is just a few years removed from puberty and hasn't accomplished squat on his own.
    When it comes to serious conversations, I don't use it.

I don't normally use such nicknames on players because most of them get enough abuse as it is and most are emotionally stunted by being treated like jocks all their lives.

actually he has he has become the Head Coach of the Broncos at 32..

he may not stay there but being accomplished does not mean you have to win a Nobel prize to be a success..

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I always found typing in mikey easier than Shanahan..

I know some folks were irritated with it but that was his name I also did a$$hley, poorti$$ more to get folks to think about what money grubbing punks they were..

AS I felt fans were putting the players before the team..

as for calling new coach Josh instead of MCD I find it easier to type also..

could be because I had friends that were mike and Josh..

for the rest of the haters comments calling them names I voted #3..
    Other than the fact you manged to turn Mikey into a bad word , the poll was meant more in the clearly derogatory names, not nicknames like Shanny, McD and other shortened names. Like many called Heimerdinger, dinger, just because it was shorter and easier to spell, where dingbat or dinglerod or Heimerdimwit would have been the kind of names I was referring to.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information