Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57

Thread: Game Day Thread 8/29/09: the Bears vs. the Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    well thanks for that snippet

should have had you take your twitter machine to take notes like you did at TC..
    I don't twitter, I can barely e-mail. I took notes in a Snoopy note book at camp. I will share what I see, just be patience....

Feel free to ask questions, but if I'm getting ready to leave town, I may not answer....
    Getting Stoked

2. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    I don't twitter, I can barely e-mail. I took notes in a Snoopy note book at camp. I will share what I see, just be patience....

Feel free to ask questions, but if I'm getting ready to leave town, I may not answer....

hey read you MHS's I was kidding about twittering..

enjoy your work trip Post when you can..

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Just watched the re-air on NFL network.

Honestly, thought Orton looked great up to the point where he hurt his finger. A couple poorly thrown balls, otherwise looked crisp, poised and confident to me. I think some people will still expect to see a deep ball, but they may be waiting a very long time. Unless a receiver is grossly open downfield, we may never see Orton throw a deep pass, which is fine as long as we continue moving the ball and avoid INT's. I hate making comparisons but the stat line between the two QB's up to Cutler's long drive showed them dead even and Orton actually had more yardage at that point...I Was most impressed with how he calmly found receivers on blitz attempts...Not stellar, but still better than last game, a plus..Would have been nice to see him stay in the game...

Defense looked good too. Dawkins is a welcome addition, and I was surprised to see him involved as much as he was in almost every play, bum hand and all. And is it just me or do we actually have a pass rush this season..? Anyway, despite a mediocre scoring output, I don't think we should be discouraged too much at what was presented..

Another plus was the field position we were dishing out to them. We stand a
    much better chance if we can pin opponents inside the 20 all day long...

Won't go into the negatives which there was plenty of those too but I think the 20 or so threads have already covered our bad points...

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    In 3 preseason games our starting Offense has scored like 1 TD? Is that correct?
    But it was purty...

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

The only hope I have is JMCD is sandbagging.
    You may be on to something here...

Don't put all your chips in at once....

We still haven't seen Moreno, maybe he's the 2nd coming...

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

In 3 preseason games our starting Offense has scored like 1 TD? Is that correct?
    I know. Stinks, doesn't it?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

11. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post

Honestly, thought Orton looked great up to the point where he hurt his finger. A couple poorly thrown balls, otherwise looked crisp, poised and confident to me. I think some people will still expect to see a deep ball, but they may be waiting a very long time. Unless a receiver is grossly open downfield, we may never see Orton throw a deep pass, which is fine as long as we continue moving the ball and avoid INT's. I hate making comparisons but the stat line between the two QB's up to Cutler's long drive showed them dead even and Orton actually had more yardage at that point...I Was most impressed with how he calmly found receivers on blitz attempts...Not stellar, but still better than last game, a plus..Would have been nice to see him stay in the game...

Defense looked good too. Dawkins is a welcome addition, and I was surprised to see him involved as much as he was in almost every play, bum hand and all. And is it just me or do we actually have a pass rush this season..? Anyway, despite a mediocre scoring output, I don't think we should be discouraged too much at what was presented..

Won't go into the negatives which there was plenty of those too but I think the 20 or so threads have already covered our bad points...
    I just watched it again to. I feel worse. I think its fair to say we will hear "underneath" allot this year. All throws seemed to be "underneath, behind, and late.

Orton seems to know who he is going to throw to before the play starts. Regardless of coverage or who' is open. I know Cutler stared Marshall down in 2007, but Orton stairs the running backs down.

I think he really wants to be "the guy".

I hope to goodness he releases some of that pressure and just plays football.

I think he is good guy, and I like him as a person. But gosh damn, he has made me want to vomit since he has been a Bronco.

I really, really like the guy, and want him to succeed. But holy shit he sucks so far.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Not sure how he sucked IIRC he had one bad throw out of the group.

He will throw to the guy that is open. That is the system.

Now do you really think jay would have loved to play in a controled game like this?

I have always believed that once he got over the shock of mike being fired and Josh being his replacement. (If he did). He looked and studied the "non exsistent playbook" and decide it was going to be bad not going deep and having the clamps put on him by having to throw to the OPEN man opposed to forcing the ball to marshall when ever he wanted to.

IMHO he would have done well but saw the cassell thing as his salvation and a way out. His dream was to play for the bears he went for the gusto.
    Last edited by Lonestar; 08-31-2009 at 09:46 PM.

15. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post

That was how I saw it for the most part during the game.... glad to see it was not just me ..but those that wanted to see bad things saw what they wanted to see

17. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information