Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sirius/XM Mock Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I lived in Philly. None of my guys are talking abouthis as being legit at all. Sure you'll have the random radio and blog personalities rant but that is Philly. I just can't see them cutting him. Babin is one thing. Cole is a Philly guy now.
    Well, as I said that is where I am hearing it's from. Of course, it's possible that Philly has a few ironic sport casters just like Denver, I mean come on...look at Alfred Williams? Still I don't see it happening either way, that is too much for the team to give up and according to you, Philly doesn't want to give him up. So that is that as they say.

They are simply pointing out the scheme change opens up possibilities that Denver should explore much as I did mentioning Vinny Curry awhile back.
    Any deal for him or Curry for that matter would be contingent on how he plays this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Got the opportunity to talk with Tim & Pat on Sirius/XM. I asked what the reasoning was behind the trade in his mock. Pat explained that for this particular mock, Jesse Williams, Johnathan Hankins, and Kawann Short were all still available when Denver was on the clock. Pat feels the DT position is the Broncos most pressing need.

It made sense to him to trade the pick to PHI. We got their 2nd (#35), 4th (#101), and Trent Cole. One of the three abovementioned players would be available at #35. Filled two pressing needs by trading back.

After his explanation, the trade made more sense.
    Last edited by Traveler; 04-12-2013 at 03:10 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

If this were possible, I do the deal all day.

6. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Well, as I said that is where I am hearing it's from. Of course, it's possible that Philly has a few ironic sport casters just like Denver, I mean come on...look at Alfred Williams? Still I don't see it happening either way, that is too much for the team to give up and according to you, Philly doesn't want to give him up. So that is that as they say.
    a few ironic sports casters is putting it lightly. They far exceed a metro market's quota for douchebags Just give a listen to Howard Eskin for starters. What you need to know about Philly is it's got little brother syndrome. They never feel like their getting their due and hence the local sports personalities tend to operate in the extreme. I may be completely wrong on this one Lan. It's happened before but I don't see the value for Philly to just cut Cole. A trade? Maybe but not a cut.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information