Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Team speaks out about Marshall's actions

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Default Team speaks out about Marshall's actions

http://gazettebroncos.freedombloggin...-players/1217/

Not much support for Marshall among players
    August 28th, 2009, 4:11 pm · 3 Comments · posted by Frank Schwab

Brandon Stokley said he knew on Wednesday, when receiver Brandon Marshall punted the ball in practice, that some punishment was coming.

"You just can't do those kinds of things," Stokley said. "I knew that was probably the final straw."

On Friday, Marshall was suspended for the final two preseason games for conduct detrimental to the team. Stokley said the team wouldn't let it be a distraction, but admitted that it offended him to have a teammate act like Marshall did in practice.

"It does, because we're all trying to win games and you can't have that," Stokley said. "You can't have those distractions and you can't have somebody acting like that. We're all out here working hard, trying to win games, and we want him to be a part of that."

Tight end Daniel Graham found Marshall's actions unbecoming as well.

"It's offensive a little bit," Graham said. "Everybody is out here working hard towards our ultimate goal. To have a teammate like that do what he's doing right now is disappointing to the rest of the guys. But we're still focused on what our goal is."

Stokley said he hoped Marshall will come back refocused.

"Maybe the light bulb will go off and he'll come out and be ready to play some football and help us win games," Stokley said.

Stokley said he is confident in what the team has at receiver. After all, Marshall has barely practiced with the team since the end of last season.

"He hasn't really been around and he hasn't helped us since the offseason, so nobody knows what they're missing," Stokley said.

Safety Brian Dawkins said the matter will be handled internally, and didn't believe Marshall would have a hard time being welcomed back to the team.

"I don't think so," Dawkins said. "Things will be worked out the way they need to be worked out in time."

This isn't Dawkins' first time around a suspended wide receiver. He was in Philadelphia in 2005 when Terrell Owens was suspended after being a year-long spectacle.

"A lot crazier with T.O," Dawkins said. "A lot crazier."

I'm happy that some of the players that Brandon has played with for 3 years came out and said some things. Maybe if he sees that some of his peers don't agree with the behavior it will open his eyes, at least a little bit.

I really wish he played on the field with a few more outspoken veterans. I'm sure if he played with a Romo or an Al Wilson, they would have been in his face.

The other problem with the situation is that there are so many new faces that don't know Brandon. He can't have many players in his corner, many of them on the line of being cut and knowing that if it comes down to it, they may lose their spot to a guy who has pulled this all offseason while they have been working their asses off. Disappointing.

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

wake up brandon. talk to your teammates and get the advice you should be getting.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived jrelway For This Post:

I'm guessing that the players stayed out of the happenings of Brandon until the day that he truly became a distraction to what they were trying to do. I'm sure most of those players have a code of staying out of contract disputes and usually take the side of the player, because really one day, it could be them. For the 2 veterans to make comments, I think it really shows Brandon is in the wrong, at least when it comes to derailing a TEAM practice.

For a Brandon Marshall, a Michael Crabtree, etc... is it really that they are getting bad advice? I mean they have to see that after weeks of the team holding their ground, that they aren't going to stomp their feet, cross their arms and getting their way. Do they not see that the behavior sticks with teams? Have they not watched the TO saga over the years, where yea, you'll get a job, but teams won't go out on limbs anymore. 1 year deal that is laden with do's and don'ts. Brandon, you're already named Baby TO...and now instead of it being for your talent, you're living up to the entire moniker. Just what some feared back when you were drafted.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I'm happy that some of the players that Brandon has played with for 3 years came out and said some things. Maybe if he sees that some of his peers don't agree with the behavior it will open his eyes, at least a little bit.

Im not holding my breathe.

I think BM has lost the team now, the same team who was happy for him when he was acquitted. I really am glad people are speaking out about this, he is officially a team cancer, send him to Detroit.

I am not calling out anyone on this board, and I am usually an optimist, but at this point NO ONE can honestly expect his behavior to change. If you have burned your hand on the stove 7 or times and can't figure out not to put your hand on a hot burner that 8th time, well there just is not much hope for you. Someone on NFLN called him "petulant", and I don't know if I have heard a more perfect description for him. He will NOT play for us this year, and by that I mean, if we did actually put him on the field I do not think he would actually PLAY, just go through the motions. He cannot be trusted and I hope we either sit him or suspend him for the year, I do not think we can trust him in a game, period. I might agree that we are a worse team without him, but that presumes he would play at his highest level for us, and I just don't think he will. I don't mind some of the youth we see in new players, but this goes beyond the youth you would expect of a newly graduated 22 year old, or even an 18 year old high school grad, this is like dealing with an 8 year old and it is truly horrible. It is blindingly obvious that NO outside influence is going to change his behavior: not his coach, not his team, not his family, not the risk of losing money, NOTHING. He is HOPELESS, and we all need to just accept that, and I have been pretty forgiving of him until now. Scumbag.

I don't think its hopeless.... but I don't know how it can be repaired. I suppose it could, they have been worked out in other cities/team/franchises. But I'm not expecting it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

I really wish he played on the field with a few more outspoken veterans. I'm sure if he played with a Romo or an Al Wilson, they would have been in his face.

The other problem with the situation is that there are so many new faces that don't know Brandon. He can't have many players in his corner, many of them on the line of being cut and knowing that if it comes down to it, they may lose their spot to a guy who has pulled this all offseason while they have been working their asses off. Disappointing.
    If Romo was still around, Bmarsh would prolly be out for longer than 2wks.......

...in the hospital.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    If Romo was still around, Bmarsh would prolly be out for longer than 2wks.......

...in the hospital.
    I think Romo would get an ass kicking from Marshall. He isnt the average WR.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

15. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I think Romo would get an ass kicking from Marshall. He isnt the average WR.
    No, but he's apparently the average *****.

SHORYUKEN!

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by scott.475 View Post
    send him to Detroit.
    Is their anyone five players on Detroit that you would actually want or would we be collecting more draft picks?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Is their anyone five players on Detroit that you would actually want or would we be collecting more draft picks?
    Calvin Johnson - straight up.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Unfortunately I dont think Marshall gives two shits about his teammates or what they think. He is only out for himself.

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post

...in the hospital.

you think roido would've gone mike tyson on him and chewed his ear off?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

24. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

"Maybe the light bulb will go off and he'll come out and be ready to play some football and help us win games," Stokley said.

O, Brandon! MAN COME ON!

Getting it together means !

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information