Thread: Beowulf was horrible!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Beowulf was horrible!

Beowulf was godawful! Nothing better to ruin a movie than a computer animated dude fighting in a 5 minute segment buck-nakkid!

Luckily I didn't see the 3D version

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The previews looked pretty good, but I'm not a fan of naked men, let alone naked men fighting.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

IMO it is the same concept as the 300. Make up for horrid acting and script with great computer animation. Try to fool people into thinking it was great by thrilling them with graphics.

Gaming companies use the same ploy, make you think a game is awsome with it's eye candy and ignore the content.

What?!?!? I thought it was pretty good. All action, turn your brain off, and enjoy the movie. There was a lot of humor there too.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

DUH!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    What?!?!? I thought it was pretty good. All action, turn your brain off, and enjoy the movie. There was a lot of humor there too.
    By humor, do you mean the infamous line said by the Queen, "Who here hasn't enjoyed the King's meat?" The whole theater busted out laughing. You think they would have gone over it a few times, and someone would have said something about that before they put that line in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    By humor, do you mean the infamous line said by the Queen, "Who here hasn't enjoyed the King's meat?" The whole theater busted out laughing. You think they would have gone over it a few times, and someone would have said something about that before they put that line in the movie

[************** SPOILERS, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MOVIE **********]

Well, a whole bunch of stuff. Some of the action was way over the top, so that was pretty funny. Angelina Jolie emerging from the lake naked, then as they pan down to her feet ... her feet (not shoes) has high heels. As he talks to the queen, he says he's getting ready to face Grendel, and starts removing his clothes ... because Grendel won't have armor and he wants to beat him in a fair fight. His character's pretty humorous in that he's unbelievably boastful in everything he does.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

[************** SPOILERS, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MOVIE **********]

Well, a whole bunch of stuff. Some of the action was way over the top, so that was pretty funny. Angelina Jolie emerging from the lake naked, then as they pan down to her feet ... her feet (not shoes) has high heels. As he talks to the queen, he says he's getting ready to face Grendel, and starts removing his clothes ... because Grendel won't have armor and he wants to beat him in a fair fight. His character's pretty humorous in that he's unbelievably boastful in everything he does.
    Like jumping out the sea monsters eye?

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    *cough* ripoff! *cough cough* transformers the movie unicron* ripoff!

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers
    Yeah, stuff like that. It's his character that makes the movie funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    LOL

Quick question

Yea, it's resurecting an old thread.

Have any of you actually read Beowulf?

I haven't and don't intend to. I heard the poem is in old english or something; no way will I wade through that.

I did watch the Christopher Lambert version of Beowulf; bad acting, weak script, techno music, Christopher Lambert ... cheesy cool.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Unicron was awesome!!! I had his action figure (it was huge!!) when I was little...but then I distroyed it like I did all my toys...

I haven't and don't intend to. I heard the poem is in old english or something; no way will I wade through that.

I did watch the Christopher Lambert version of Beowulf; bad acting, weak script, techno music, Christopher Lambert ... cheesy cool.
    No, that doesn't count.

I have the book and have read it. It's quite short and yes, it is in Olde English.

Meant to be sung as well, by a Bard or something along those lines...

Very good story though. I was asking because, naturally some thigns will be odd by today's standards. Being bousterious and such. That is why I ask - so that I hear from somebody who has read and liked the poem.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information