Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is The NBA Rigging Games To Get The Lakers In The Playoffs?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Is The NBA Rigging Games To Get The Lakers In The Playoffs?

I think we all believe this on some level, but I wonder if there is any truth to it? I believe the audio is from a recent radio interview:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I've never heard such a ridiculous question Shake. Of course they are.

3. The Following 9 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I've never heard such a ridiculous question Shake. Of course they are.
    I know. I was really trying to pose a provocative question to an answer that everyone knows and failed miserably. Its a slow day at work and I hate the Lakers. There, I said it!

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Do you

Hate the Dodgers too?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The NBA has been rigging games for their superstars since at least the 90's. That's why I now hold it in lower regard then professional wrestling, who will at least admit what they’re doing is fake.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I've never believed conspiracy theories about leagues rigging games. It would just take ONE person in the NBA office to be rubbed the wrong way by Davis Stern, and come out and expose everything. The risk just isn't worth the reward of having an 8 seed Lakers team in the playoffs that will likely lose in the first round. It just doesn't make sense to do if you seriously think about it.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I've never believed conspiracy theories about leagues rigging games. It would just take ONE person in the NBA office to be rubbed the wrong way by Davis Stern, and come out and expose everything. The risk just isn't worth the reward of having an 8 seed Lakers team in the playoffs that will likely lose in the first round. It just doesn't make sense to do if you seriously think about it.
    Do you realize how much revenue the NBA stands to make if the Lakers make it into the playoffs, and become one of the few 8 seed teems to make it to the conference finals?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Do you realize how much revenue the NBA stands to make if the Lakers make it into the playoffs, and become one of the few 8 seed teems to make it to the conference finals?
    The chances of the Lakers making the conference finals is incredibly low. And the NBA isn't exactly hurting for revenues. The reward of rigging games just isn't worth the risk.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

League admits Kobe fouled Rubio on final shot

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...on-final-shot/

If the league is trying to get the Lakers to the playoffs, that should mean that tomorrow night the Utah Jazz should not get all of the calls they do at home when playing the Nuggets.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

The chances of the Lakers making the conference finals is incredibly low. And the NBA isn't exactly hurting for revenues. The reward of rigging games just isn't worth the risk.
    The question was not conference finals - but the Lakers making the playoffs. There is a very close race in the West for the 8th spot, and the Lakers are in the race.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    The question was not conference finals - but the Lakers making the playoffs. There is a very close race in the West for the 8th spot, and the Lakers are in the race.
    Thnik brought up conference finals, I was just responding to him. My point is I don't see how the Lakers being in the playoffs as an 8 seed is worth the risk of being exposed for rigging games. Anyone who has watched them play this year they would have no shot in hell at winning against the Spurs or Thunder in a series.

I need more than circumstantial evidence on a Youtube video to convince me otherwise. Seems to me like 999/1000 conspiracy theories are based more on paranoia and and circumstantial evidence than actual fact.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Thnik brought up conference finals, I was just responding to him. My point is I don't see how the Lakers being in the playoffs as an 8 seed is worth the risk of being exposed for rigging games. Anyone who has watched them play this year they would have no shot in hell at winning against the Spurs or Thunder in a series.

I need more than circumstantial evidence on a Youtube video to convince me otherwise. Seems to me like 999/1000 conspiracy theories are based more on paranoia and and circumstantial evidence than actual fact.
    I really did post the video as a tongue in cheek response to what most people feel when watching NBA games. While I don't think there is anything that the league is expressly doing to get the Lakers into the playoffs, I do believe there is such a thing as favoritism and "superstar calls" that can swing a close game towards certain teams. I'm not saying there is a grand conspiracy, but it does seem like sometimes the refs swallow their whistles at the wrong time and blow them too readily at other moments. Cherry picking those instances in a youtube video proves nothing, I just wish foul calling in the NBA wasn't so subjective.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I really did post the video as a tongue in cheek response to what most people feel when watching NBA games. While I don't think there is anything that the league is expressly doing to get the Lakers into the playoffs, I do believe there is such a thing as favoritism and "superstar calls" that can swing a close game towards certain teams. I'm not saying there is a grand conspiracy, but it does seem like sometimes the refs swallow their whistles at the wrong time and blow them too readily at other moments. Cherry picking those instances in a youtube video proves nothing, I just wish foul calling in the NBA wasn't so subjective.
    I do agree that superstars get more calls. I just don't think it goes as far as the NBA expressly ordering refs to rig games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I do agree that superstars get more calls. I just don't think it goes as far as the NBA expressly ordering refs to rig games.
    Nah, like any conspiracy it falls apart due to the fact that no one can keep a secret. The minute some ref felt shafted or got fired they would be asking the media for a lot of money to share their story.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

of course they are... it's the NBA, it's worse than the WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

21. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information