Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Is The NBA Rigging Games To Get The Lakers In The Playoffs?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I'm confused as to what Crawford and Duncan has to do with proving the fixing of games?

I don't think its more than corrupt thatn what we assume, I think people WANT to believe that everything is fixed, hence why their teams don't win..teams they want to win don't win... why there are upsets... or how "uncommon" comebacks happen if it doesn't fit their "wish" list.

I dunno. I guess I just find it amusing when I see people complaining that the games are "rigged".. "fixed"... "a hoax"..."like the WWF"... or anything else considering how difficult it would be to fix games with MILLIONS of variations throughout any given game.

I can see where people think that "stars" get preferential treatment, but that happens in ALLLllllll walks of life.
    I am saying that there are multiple instances of corruption - and a clear understanding of how officials can impact outcomes of games. Do I think that game fixing is widespread? Of course not - there is too much scrutiny. Do I think that in the history of the last 20 years that officials have been given certain secretive directives that impact outcomes? How could you think otherwise with all the evidence of bias and corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Wait.. what? Who is going to prove it? Anyone that has a solid bit of evidence. Who would have the incentive? ANYONE that could break the story!! Just look at the NFL and the Saints. Just look at how the media scoops in and tears apart any famous person the moment the get a speeding ticket. Hell, we basically impeached a president for getting a friggin blow-job! Who would want to prove/show that the NBA is intentionally fixing games?? NEARLY EVERYONE.
    Of course they would - but the only people in a position to do so would be connected to the inner circle of NBA officiating - and unless they had an axe to grind there isn't much incentive to do so (not to mention they'd likely implicate themselves). David Stern isn't stupid. He probably operates similar to a mafia Don where he has a few trusted allies who do his bidding. Some of these officials have been around for decades. They know where their bread is buttered.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...e-should-we-go

I'm inclined to believe Donaghy.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    League admits Kobe fouled Rubio on final shot

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...on-final-shot/

If the league is trying to get the Lakers to the playoffs, that should mean that tomorrow night the Utah Jazz should not get all of the calls they do at home when playing the Nuggets.

Whoa there carol. It's a two way street here. The Nuggs get just as many calls at home as the jazz. To say otherwise is just being a homer. Therein lies the problem. Is the nba fixing games?? Don't know that they are entirely, but I can tell you that home teams definetly get more calls then road teams. There is no question about it. Yes, the jazz will get more calls tonight most likely. However, like I said, its a two way street.

What kills it for me entirely is the star treatment. It's a joke. Big market stars get every call. That's a fact. I've watched too many nba games on tv and at the ESA to think otherwise. Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, etc. etc. it is making or has made the nba almost unwatchable. Last years finals was also a joke with the bs calls made to help the Heat. No one will ever convince me that its not tainted. I'm not saying its a full on conspiracy, just an understanding that certain players and home teams are going to get the benefit more often then not.

I say just let them play and you would see people actually start to enjoy the nba more.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    Whoa there carol. It's a two way street here. The Nuggs get just as many calls at home as the jazz. To say otherwise is just being a homer. Therein lies the problem. Is the nba fixing games?? Don't know that they are entirely, but I can tell you that home teams definetly get more calls then road teams. There is no question about it. Yes, the jazz will get more calls tonight most likely. However, like I said, its a two way street.

What kills it for me entirely is the star treatment. It's a joke. Big market stars get every call. That's a fact. I've watched too many nba games on tv and at the ESA to think otherwise. Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, etc. etc. it is making or has made the nba almost unwatchable. Last years finals was also a joke with the bs calls made to help the Heat. No one will ever convince me that its not tainted. I'm not saying its a full on conspiracy, just an understanding that certain players and home teams are going to get the benefit more often then not.

I say just let them play and you would see people actually start to enjoy the nba more.
    Have you ever watched an NFL game? They throw a flag whenever someone even looks at a star QB wrong. This happens all across sports. It's easier to see in the NBA because star players dictate game so much more heavily than in other sports, but it isn't unique to the NBA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Have you ever watched an NFL game? They throw a flag whenever someone even looks at a star QB wrong. This happens all across sports. It's easier to see in the NBA because star players dictate game so much more heavily than in other sports, but it isn't unique to the NBA.
    It's not unique to the NBA, but the irony is that Kobe HAS gotten calls because a player "looked at him wrong." It's documented. Look at the original video in the thread where he misses a shot, isn't contacted and ONLY because he misses the shot does the referee blow the whistle.

I don't think NFL favoritism, or even pitcher favoritism in baseball is anywhere remotely comparable to the harm to the game that it does in the NBA.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

But star players going to the hoop and drawing a foul call occurs far more often. The NFL also instituted rules specifically to protect QB's. Whereas in the NBA they're not even coming close to enforcing the rules accurately.

At least in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Are NBA games "rigged" or "fixed?"

No. I don't think they are. But the officiating is poor, and it is a league directive to give certain players more calls, whether it's a spoken directive or not.

The issue is that when it comes down to the fourth quarter, those players have the ball in their hands because they know, their coaches know and the other team knows that calls will go their way. Some of the calls that Kobe gets are ridiculous. And the way they allow the Heat to play "defense" in the fourth quarter of games is comical.

But again, are the games "fixed?" No. But it does make for a poor product if the team you prefer to root for doesn't have one of those players.
    A league directive to give certain players more calls can equal rigged or fixed - i.e. would the outcome of the game be different if certain players were not given more calls?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Basketball sucks.

Carry on
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

No. No I have never watched an nfl game BTB. I mean, really? What kind of question is that? If you disagree with me that's fine, but don't try and belittle me. Besides, your comparison is weak. In the NBA you literally can get called for looking at certain players the wrong way. It's documented. Go watch utube and you can see for yourself. I know nfl refs are pretty iffy with some of those qb calls, but I have never seen one where the qb didn't even get touched.

I'm not saying its an out right fix, but its not like they just let em play. They should treat koby and lebron the same as they do a rookie IMO. That's a major bitch for me. Some unknown rookie can drive the lane and get hacked time and time again and won't get the same calls the stars do because they aren't stars. That makes no sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No. No I have never watched an nfl game BTB. I mean, really? What kind of question is that? If you disagree with me that's fine, but don't try and belittle me. Besides, your comparison is weak. In the NBA you literally can get called for looking at certain players the wrong way. It's documented. Go watch utube and you can see for yourself. I know nfl refs are pretty iffy with some of those qb calls, but I have never seen one where the qb didn't even get touched.

I'm not saying its an out right fix, but its not like they just let em play. They should treat koby and lebron the same as they do a rookie IMO. That's a major bitch for me. Some unknown rookie can drive the lane and get hacked time and time again and won't get the same calls the stars do because they aren't stars. That makes no sense.
    Obviously you've watched an NFL game. It's called hyperbole. Try not to be so offended by it.

Obviously you've watched an NFL game. It's called hyperbole. Try not to be so offended by it.

Why? Just because its hyperbole doesn't mean it's not offensive. Besides, when I get talkin about officials and especially the nba, I lose my mind. Jeeze, just let me be offended for a minute ok??!!

Honestly I think I read your post with a condescending voice in my head. If you didn't mean it that way it's my bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information