Thread: Hi Y'all

Adopted Bronco:
    See 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco Thread

Post Hi Y'all

Hey Broncos Forums,

My name is Jason (aka JJ) and I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a a die hard Broncos fan since Super Bowl XXI. I have stayed with them through every heartbreak: Super Bowls XXI, XXII, and XXIV, playoff losses like the loss to Jacksonville (which was almost John Elway's last NFL game ever) and the loss to the Steelers in the 2005 AFC Championship (which really hurts because who knows where we would be right now had they won that game), to player injuries and retirements like Terrell Davis' knee & career being destroyed trying to make a damn tackle following an INT, Shannon Sharpe and Steve Atwater leaving, John Mobley and Al Wilson never coming back from injury and finally John Elway hanging it up in what could have been a back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl season.

All of those heartbreaks have made every great moment mean three times more to us Broncos fans than what fans of other NFL teams can claim! Super Bowls XXXII and XXXIII are holy to me! Those games proved to me that sometimes God watches football! I mean only a Broncos fan working in Hollywood could have written a better ending to John Elway's career. For John to have to go through all the crap he went through for those TEAM LOSSES to not only win BACK-to-BACK SUPER BOWLS but to be the Super Bowl MVP in his final NFL game is just crazy style redemption if you ask me!! I couldn't have asked for a better wrap up.

But it's not just the two SB moments that I'll always cherish! It's that 1998-99 season! That was not only the greatest Broncos team ever, it was also one of the best NFL teams ever! 14-2, a 13-0 start, average victory was by 15 pts, Terrell Davis rushed for 2,008 yds and 23 total TDs and 2225 total yds of scrimmage, two WR's with 1,000 yds, two receivers with 10 TDs, and to revisit TD30 for a moment he added himself to even more playoff and Super Bowl top-5 lists not to mention his Super Bowl record of three rushing TDs which has yet to be topped.

The good times didn't end with those two seasons. The new stadium is gorgeous. Rod Smith built himself into probably the greatest undrafted player in the history of the NFL! Denver became known as the greatest rushing team ever. All of the running backs that came through Denver. Shannon Sharpe and Steve Atwater coming back to make sure they retired as Broncos! The 2005 season is one of the best Broncos teams ever. I could go and on and on.

Now while to some it may seem that I am living in the past, the reality is that I am not. I think that this season will be a good one for Broncos fans. And for the first time for me since 1986, this is a totally reborn team! There is no more connections to Elway or the two Super Bowls. I have faith in Josh McDaniels and I think it's pretty lame that a lot of Broncos fans decided to back a player who took advantage of a situation and acted like a child rather than back up a coach who was just doing his job! You think Steve Young acted like that anytime his name came up to Eddie Debartolo Jr!? Hell no. Josh McDaniels was doing what he was paid to do...coach a team and a coaches job in the NFL is to field offers that come over. Doesn't mean he was going to ditch Cutler.

Anyway I'm going on and on. The way I see it is like this: for the last 50 years the Denver Broncos have operated in a manner that has secured the team in the annals as one of the NFL's elite franchises. The Broncos have operated in a way that has brought numerous Division, Conference and best of all...League Titles. The Broncos have operated in ways that have not only found talent where other teams said nothing existed, but they found Pro Bowlers, League MVPs, all-time stats leaders, Super Bowl MVPs and most importantly they found good people. And last but definitely not least, in the last 50 years the Broncos have operated in such a way that they have become famous for having the most dedicated and knowledgeable fans in all of sports! The way I see it, Mr. Bowlen hasn't suddenly forgotten how to run this Class-A organization! Coach McDaniels is going to maintain the type of standards that the Broncos are now known for.

Sorry for the long post. I hope to get to know everyone here. Drop me a line if you have an extra moment.
    Go Broncos!
    -JJ

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived JJPasadena For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I didn't read your whole post (ADA).

I did scan through it.

Welcome to the boards. Lots of Marshall discussion going on right now.

Sounds like your a great Broncos fan.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post

I didn't read your whole post (ADA).

I did scan through it.

Welcome to the boards. Lots of Marshall discussion going on right now.

Sounds like your a great Broncos fan.
    I know...I wrote too much...but thanks for the reply and the kind words. I'm sure B.Marsh is teh topic!

Great first post! Welcome to the boards, jump right in!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Stay away from Missouri Bronc and you will be OK. He's a patriots troll that came over with McDaniels.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

7. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Welcome JJ. You might as well know now not to listen to anything that Claymore has to say, he's just full of bologna.

9. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Welcome JJ. You might as well know now not to listen to anything that Claymore has to say, he's just full of bologna.
    Im full of hotdogs in places too.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Stop running down my BFF. Every one is ganging up on him today. Its just not fair.

And welcome JJ!
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

12. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

JJ, you from 626? I used to rock 626.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Stop running down my BFF. Every one is ganging up on him today. Its just not fair.

And welcome JJ!
    Now Dread. If I were to knock down a bee-hive and stomp on it incessantly, I would get ganged up on by a swarm of bees, and it would be all my fault. It's more than fair.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Stay away from Missouri Bronc and you will be OK. He's a patriots troll that came over with McDaniels.
    Be nice to MO
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

17. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Welcome JJ, I believe your the first newbee to use their introdution thread to give their autobiography. Looking foward to reading what you have to say about current Broncos matters
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

to Broncos Forums JJ - ENJOY

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Asian Sushi 7 View Post
    JJ, you from 626? I used to rock 626.
    What's up AsianSushi7,

Not anymore but yup...I used to roam the 626! For a while I lived in a little house up on North Oak and Foothill and then I lived over at South Oak and Colorado. Hell now that I think about it...including Arcadia and Monrovia...I've been all over the 626!

Cheers!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Welcome JJ, I believe your the first newbee to use their introdution thread to give their autobiography. Looking foward to reading what you have to say about current Broncos matters
    HAHA...ya sorry about that. I guess I wanted to let everyone know that I've "put in the time" so to speak! Thanks for the welcome FanInAZ!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information