Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Down the Denver Broncos' Depth Chart After the Peak of Free Agency

Default Breaking Down the Denver Broncos' Depth Chart After the Peak of Free Agency

Nearly two weeks into the NFL free-agent signing period, the Denver Broncos have brought in some key pieces for a run at the Super Bowl.

Landing (ESPN) Wes Welker was obviously the biggest splash, but the signings of defensive tackle Terrance Knighton and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie should not be understated either.

There is still time to bring in a pass-rushing defensive end, but the team may look to the draft to add depth to the linebacker and running back positions.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...of-free-agency
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

It's bleacher report but they still did a solid job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Stewart Bradley will start at MLB at this point and Rodgers-Cromartie will play the outside and Harris the slot, unless there are changes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Stewart Bradley will start at MLB at this point and Rodgers-Cromartie will play the outside and Harris the slot, unless there are changes.
    Do you really think Bradley will start at MLB? Is he better than the other MLBs we have on the roster?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Do you really think Bradley will start at MLB? Is he better than the other MLBs we have on the roster?
    Right now, yes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Bradley is nothing more than a ST player..Irving will be given opp to start unless they draft a stud or get Dansby or BU.

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Bradley is nothing more than a ST player..Irving will be given opp to start unless they draft a stud or get Dansby or BU.
    Not true. Bradley was on of the top rated MLBs the year he was drafted. He played well his first few years in Philly but was injured. Went to AZ and didn't fit the system.
    Not saying he's a stud by any means but still willing to give him a chance. If healthy, he could be a good addition.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

bradley has good range and athletic ability, and is pretty strong in coverage-- irving may get the first chance, but bradley's a solid option if nate struggles. . . he's a young vet with starting experience and the skillset to potentially play all three spots in our scheme-- perfect replacement for DJ, at a fraction of the cost, without the off-field baggage, and he plays special teams. . .

i would've still taken ogletree if not for the DUI, but i doubt elway will touch him with a high pick now. . . DE is obviously our top priority now, even after we sign freeney or abe. . . that guy will be a one or two year rental who gives us 20-30 snaps per game. . . hunter's gone, ayers is in the last year of his contract, beal is a late rounder who hasn't done anything. . . and wolfe is a two-down end who probably fits best at three-tech. . . we need another end, maybe even a high rounder plus a late pick on a developmental type. . . RB and DB round out the needs. . . i doubt linebacker is a priority at all-- if it was, we would have signed fox's old 'backer james anderson to a one-year deal before someone else did, or we'd offer one to karlos dansby. . .

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

My guess is Denver is content with giving Irving a shot at MLB with Bradley as insurance.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Jeremy Beal.......that's a sobering thought.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It is Irving or Johnson's position Bradley will get a shot. But they think it is Irvings time to start. He will be starter going into camp. Position is his to lose but he will split reps with other 2. Bradley is just a Vet to help out the young LB corps.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    It is Irving or Johnson's position Bradley will get a shot. But they think it is Irvings time to start. He will be starter going into camp. Position is his to lose but he will split reps with other 2. Bradley is just a Vet to help out the young LB corps.
    It's quite possible because of his natural fit at the position, despite their youthfulness and talent that Bradley is a better fit at the Mike position, just saying. Too many people are discounting him, but you can bet your *** that he wants to re-spark his career, so he'll give the two pups a run for their money, and may just win the position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    It's quite possible because of his natural fit at the position, despite their youthfulness and talent that Bradley is a better fit at the Mike position, just saying. Too many people are discounting him, but you can bet your *** that he wants to re-spark his career, so he'll give the two pups a run for their money, and may just win the position.
    That is very true but I think is coming in as a contender for position but not as the favorite, I believe Irving is the favorite for be the MLB. He is coming into 3rd year. This is his chance or they may move on and look at draft for a MLB next season.

19. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    That is very true but I think is coming in as a contender for position but not as the favorite, I believe Irving is the favorite for be the MLB. He is coming into 3rd year. This is his chance or they may move on and look at draft for a MLB next season.
    I agree, I think it's Irving's spot to lose, the Broncos are high on his talent and ability, but having Miller and Woodyard leaves him no other place to compete, hence the shot at the mike position. But unlike Irving, Bradley is a true inside linebacker, that could be the end factor for the competition during camp.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I agree, I think it's Irving's spot to lose, the Broncos are high on his talent and ability, but having Miller and Woodyard leaves him no other place to compete, hence the shot at the mike position. But unlike Irving, Bradley is a true inside linebacker, that could be the end factor for the competition during camp.
    Irving would end up being depth behind Miller if Bradley starts. With Travethan and Johnson as backups to WW and Bradley. I would just like to have an answer to the MLB.

22. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information